Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The BA "Thank Goodness it's Friday!" Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2024, 7:41 am

No longer Friday but I spent much of yesterday researching and booking two further holidays for MrS and I. Sadly one of them is from T5 not T3 and as it is short haul in CE that means the dreadful galleries lounge!
DaveS likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Soupey202
No longer Friday but I spent much of yesterday researching and booking two further holidays for MrS and I. Sadly one of them is from T5 not T3 and as it is short haul in CE that means the dreadful galleries lounge!
You can always go to Spoons instead.
Old May 25, 2024, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex
You can always go to Spoons instead.
True, at least I would probably get a seat but they would expect me to pay!!!
I appreciate its a first world problem but all my other flights since Covid have long haul in F with the CCR or short haul from T3 with the nice lounges.
BA or bust, HIDDY, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / SQ *A Gold / Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Soupey202
True, at least I would probably get a seat but they would expect me to pay!!!
I appreciate its a first world problem but all my other flights since Covid have long haul in F with the CCR or short haul from T3 with the nice lounges.
It's always good to sometimes hang out with the riff-raff to keep our feet on the ground.
BA or bust, SKT-DK, HIDDY and 3 others like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 11:13 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Happy Friday one and all! The past week has gone by in the blink of an eye.

Returned home from my business trip late yesterday and a WFH day today for me. This weekend is a bounce to Preveza and back thanks to an error fare found by Mrs Saladman back in January. This is the last leg on my journey to GGL 🙃 Then the week ahead I was planning on being in Birmingham again. Unfortunately hotel prices are through the roof as the Good Food Show and Gardeners World are both on at the NEC and so it’ll be a work from home week instead.

Busy, busy, busy

Last edited by JapesUK; May 31, 2024 at 3:22 am Reason: Wrong week :D
Old May 30, 2024, 11:22 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by JapesUK
The week ahead I was planning on being in Birmingham again. Unfortunately hotel prices are through the roof as the Good Food Show and Gardeners World are both on at the NEC
If you need to spend a week in Birmingham, you can always stay outside the city and commute by train. New Street Station is quite something these days.
I look forward to reading about the exotic travels you will be doing when GGL as you use up all those Avios and Jokers
HIDDY, rapidex, DaveS and 1 others like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 11:46 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
If you need to spend a week in Birmingham, you can always stay outside the city and commute by train. New Street Station is quite something these days.
I look forward to reading about the exotic travels you will be doing when GGL as you use up all those Avios and Jokers
Yes, I have on occasion done exactly that, there are a few decent hotels within a stroll of New Street but even the city is overly expensive this week. I know from personal experience that the good food show is a major draw, not so sure about the diggers paradise

A third of my upcoming bookings are reward flights, much fun to be had
HIDDY, rapidex, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 11:54 pm

the Good Food Show and Gardeners World are both on at the NEC
These are the week *after* next (13-16th June)
rapidex, DaveS and JapesUK like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 12:29 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by DeathSlam
These are the week *after* next (13-16th June)
The hotels are probably full of insolvency practitioners.
strowger, rapidex and JapesUK like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
The hotels are probably full of insolvency practitioners.
Looks like Vets and Engineers next week.
rapidex, DaveS, Cw novice and 1 others like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 1:05 am

Proof positive it has been far too long week a week! It was indeed the week after next I was supposed to head to Brum, immediately after I get back from Toronto.... I need a holiday

As an aside, I was in New Street yesterday and Ozzy the bull was in full animatronics mode, first time I've seen it running.

More importantly, what's everyone else up to?
HIDDY, rapidex, DaveS and 2 others like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 1:13 am

What's everyone else up to?
After prodding by you I am now going to the NEC tomorrow
UK Games expo.
No flying currently planned for a while, but my newly minted Gold status is burning a hole in my pocket...
HIDDY, T8191, rapidex and 3 others like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: M&S Elite+, BAEC Silver
Happy Friday everyone. It has been school holiday week, so that has taken up my time. We had a day trip across the channel yesterday. The miserable weather this week has not exactly made it easy to get out and about though. Next week I can start to think about some more work travel.
HIDDY, rapidex, DeathSlam and 2 others like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 1:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Good Food Show and Gardeners World
Is that really a thing??

Happy Friday everyone! This week has indeed gone by in a blink of an eye. I know I am ready for that cold beer that marks the weekend Cannot believe tomorrow is June already either!

In other news, I finally got my travel plans settled for my Europe trip in mid-June, which came about under rather sad circumstances. But the positive thing is I get to have beers with JapesUK in NCL as I threw in a UK side trip Doing QR J to CPH (annoyingly I missed out on their 13% off for Visa cardholders promotion!) and then BA to NCL few days later - seems I will be on the same domestic flight as two FT royalties as well

The wife is away for work until tomorrow, so it'll be a Friday night alone for me accompanied by a bottle of wine, I think.
HIDDY, rapidex, DaveS and 3 others like this.
Old May 31, 2024, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Morning all and Happy Friday!

Pleasant short trip to Scandinavia this week - lovely sunshine, up to 25C, far warmer than the UK. Shame I could not have stayed to watch the Stockholm Marathon tomorrow. Am not sure the runners will be so happy with temperatures forecasted to reach 26C early afternoon.

I got to see some parts of Stockholm town centre that for some reason I had missed before now and sampled some very special cocktails in https://pharmarium.se/ which were far tastier than the ingredients may have suggested.

Got a good range of Finnair services:

- The standard A320 with no headrest (ugh, floppy head!) no power and extortionate wifi. This really shows where BA is better in CE than AY shorthaul business.
- The Embraer 190. I always like these smaller planes as they seem to accelerate so fast 😊
- The A350 which is of course a nice place to be in business. I was across the aisle from someone who I assume was a Finnish celebrity as there were a few passengers on boarding who wanted selfies with him, but then he (and therefore I) were left in peace.
- The platinum wing and bar in HEL

And of course the blueberry juice and passengers who just board politely as per the instructions from the gate agents.

Oh, and assuming the TPs post in the next 6 weeks, then that's another year at GGL (well, 9 months or whatever it will be)

Have a great Friday and weekend all 🥳
HIDDY, rapidex, Tobias-UK and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.