Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2021, 9:09 am

T2->Centurion (post security walkway construction)

I read that they were building this, but due to COVID they postponed the office building attachment and were only doing the walkway, and that it was to be completed in October 2021. Wondering if anyone has any updates? Is this done, or still working on? Thanks! Would lobe to check out the Centurion while there but won't have time if I have to clear security again.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
Perhaps a visitor to the SFO CL could ask a supervisor about the status of the LAX CL.
A dinner at French Laundry ought to solve all the issues
Old Oct 17, 2021, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Offthegrid
While the food is bland, for me it’s the staff. Outside of the check-in staff, SFO has the the most unfriendly staff of the 12 Centurion Lounges that I’ve been to.
It's San Fran, what do you expect?
Vaclav, kirkwoodj and cuthroat like this.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I needed a place to work for a few hours before a flight and went to the UC in the morning (since it was more than 3 hours before my flight and I couldn't go to the CL).

Breakfast at the United Club:
Jimmy Dean sandwiches
Hard boiled eggs
Fresh (I assume overnight) oats with berries
Prepackaged fruit salad
2-3 kinds of branded yogurt

That was about it. The yogurt was all of the primarily-sugar type; might as well drink a can of coke for breakfast. The overnight oats were tasty, but also featured a 1-1 ratio of sugar to oats.

How "experts" can say with a straight face that this breakfast is superior to the CL's fresh and healthy breakfast options, I do not know. I'll take pretty much any hot, freshly prepared breakfast item over a Jimmy Dean sandwich, and while I'm sure many people love yogurt loaded with sugar, they could just have a healthy yogurt option and put a stack of sugar packets next to it for those who want it. Next they'll add sugar when they brew the coffee.

Originally Posted by st530
Baffled by the number of recent posters who think a 470-calorie sandwich consumed during what is presumably one of three meal times (on a daily caloric assumption of 2,000-2,500) represents some kind of potential death sentence to be avoided at all costs. YMMV.
Probably most Americans shouldn't be eating 2000+ calories per day; CDC says about 3/4ths of adults are overweight and obesity is associated with all of the leading causes of death in this country (pre-covid and during covid). But that's a story for another day.

In any event, it's fine if they want to offer the sandwiches, but I'd much rather have the ability to put together my own, healthier lunch from freshly prepared food, which is what you can do at the CL.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:20 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Cross-post from the SFO forum: I asked via the airport website about the status of airside connectors and T2<->T3 is supposedly opening in the next few weeks.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Cross-post from the SFO forum: I asked via the airport website about the status of airside connectors and T2<->T3 is supposedly opening in the next few weeks.
Hope this is true! I've been waiting for what seems like a decade for them to finish this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Great news. I don't see myself using it for Centurion now that AS has a lounge in T2, but I could see running over to Andale for a breakfast burrito
Boraxo likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by Napagoer
Visited the lounge on 10/11, no line to get in at 11am, lots of seats available. Lunch was ready at 11:15, but I was shocked at how bad the food was. The chicken was very bland, and the broccoli salad left much to be desired. Most folks were sticking with the white bean soup, which was ok. The spiced vegetables were the best tasting item offered. Wine tasting was very nice, though it is set up behind 4 2-top tables, so a bit of a squeeze to get the tastings. This was by far the worst CL, in terms of food, that I've been to. DEN and PHL were much better.
There was a pretty long line when we exited the lounge at 12:30pm.
You're fortunate. I paid my third visit to the SFO lounge in as many months. Once again, there was a line to get in; I wasn’t able to visit the club. The only good thing about the timing is that my card is up for renewal this month; I’m not planning on renewing. Getting people to drop the card helps solve the crowding problem. It’s a win-win! 😊
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Planning to visit the lounge with wife and 2 [well-behaved] kids prior to our flight on Sat. morning (we have main and AU card, so ok on all being able to enter). Couple of questions:

- Any recent experiences on how crowded it might be - again, this is Sat. morning (suspect that makes it less busy than a typical weekday) and we plan to be arrive ~6:30 - 7:00am, and will leave by 8.
- Any comments on recent breakfast menu. Particularly interested for my wife, who is vegan - and if there might be any vegan mains. I assume there are things like potatoes (per the sample menu) and toast/bagels? Kids and I are vegetarian but not vegan, so we're good with eggs, pancakes etc. so I have a feeling we should have plenty to choose from.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Planning to visit the lounge with wife and 2 [well-behaved] kids prior to our flight on Sat. morning (we have main and AU card, so ok on all being able to enter). Couple of questions:

- Any recent experiences on how crowded it might be - again, this is Sat. morning (suspect that makes it less busy than a typical weekday) and we plan to be arrive ~6:30 - 7:00am, and will leave by 8.
- Any comments on recent breakfast menu. Particularly interested for my wife, who is vegan - and if there might be any vegan mains. I assume there are things like potatoes (per the sample menu) and toast/bagels? Kids and I are vegetarian but not vegan, so we're good with eggs, pancakes etc. so I have a feeling we should have plenty to choose from.
I was there two weeks ago on a Saturday morning but a bit later in the morning around 10. Just prior to my arrival the lounge staff had been taking names for the wait list downstairs. Inside the lounge was busy but not pre-pandemic and standing room only levels of busy. Food offerings were a mix, including some fresh fruits and breads. I was only in for a few minutes, so I barely had time for a coffee and didn't investigate the buffet in great detail.

I may also be there around the same time this Saturday as I have an 8:45 am flight on UA. I have FT tags on my briefcase and suitcase.
emcampbe likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:40 pm

Hi all! Is it still no issues to go from terminal 2 to terminal 3 for a long layover?

We have a flight in mid December so hopefully this is completed by then for us!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:38 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Hi all! Is it still no issues to go from terminal 2 to terminal 3 for a long layover?

We have a flight in mid December so hopefully this is completed by then for us!
It's still not open yet.

This tweet a few days ago wasn't exactly encouraging:

in the response thread they were still saying "next few weeks" (which is what they told me a few weeks ago)

This one sounds slightly closer though:

in conclusion, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but if I had to guess it's sounding like it'll be open by December, if not sooner.
cuthroat and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Majuki
I was there two weeks ago on a Saturday morning but a bit later in the morning around 10. Just prior to my arrival the lounge staff had been taking names for the wait list downstairs.
I arrived around 6:30 on a Saturday, and there was already a sizable crowd. By the time I left at 7:45 there was a line to enter outside.

For breakfast options, they had eggs (two styles - scrambled and more of a quiche), turkey sausage, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, and biscuits.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Majuki
I arrived around 6:30 on a Saturday, and there was already a sizable crowd. By the time I left at 7:45 there was a line to enter outside.

For breakfast options, they had eggs (two styles - scrambled and more of a quiche), turkey sausage, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, and biscuits.
thanks. I forgot to put my report in here, but pretty similar to yours.

we arrived around. 6:30-6:45, and we’re there until around 7:30. Before we got in, app said ‘a little busy’ and I feel like it was about half full when we entered, but quickly picked up. By the time we left, there was a table downstairs where they were adding new arrivals to the waitlist.

i saw all those breakfast options, plus ricotta toast and tea cake (blueberry and cranberry). I found the eggs ok, the frittata was tasteless. Yea cakes were pretty good, IMO. Also of note, the coffee machines were broken - both of them appeared to be out of milk, as latte/cappuccino drinks were greyed out, but espresso/americano appeared to be available, and drip as well. Very few vegan options for my wife - even the potatoes said ‘contains dairy’ - I presume cooked in butter. Think the only real vegan option was oatmeal.

i have only DEN to compare to, but feels like a different world. DEN seems to be much bigger with more food options (much of it probably due to size, but potentially some was that I was in DEN at lunchtime vs. breakfast).
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:44 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by emcampbe
.... DEN seems to be much bigger....
Correct. SFO is ~8,200 sqft while DEN is ~14.650 sqfr. However, SFO is scheduled to be enlarged to ~16,000.
Flying Machine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.