Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Jul 19, 2021, 7:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
You really liked those scrambled eggs? I thought they were horrible and even had a faint hint of sulphur scent.
Didn't try them, I had the egg frittata which I thought was good.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Whoa, just took a quick peek of the expansion plans...it's growing by about 7,000 sf.
For inquiring minds. Much of the existing lounge space will remain unchanged. The dining area will expand where the bathrooms are. A long hallway will connect to the expansion area. Midway along the long hallway will be the new restrooms with two showers. At the end of the hallway is where most of the expansion area is at...there will be another kitchen, buffet and bar, with a large dining area and a large lounge area.
droopydog, Statman, gengar and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:58 pm

Arrived at SFO Centurioun Longe at 11:16am for my 2:20pm flight. Checked in, then asked to step aside for 4 minutes before allowed to enter the lounge.
Someone else arrived at 11:19am for the same flight: "Sir, please step aside for 30 seconds. We cannot let you in yet".
😳😳😳
cuthroat likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nemenor
Arrived at SFO Centurioun Longe at 11:16am for my 2:20pm flight. Checked in, then asked to step aside for 4 minutes before allowed to enter the lounge.
Someone else arrived at 11:19am for the same flight: "Sir, please step aside for 30 seconds. We cannot let you in yet".
😳😳😳
Maybe the lounge can partner with the SJ Sharks for an entry-area Penalty Box.
Kacee, econ, cuthroat and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
😳😳😳

I had the same experience just after they instituted the new policy. I was asked to wait 6 minutes.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
😳😳😳
SFO Staff at the centurion lounge seems to be the most uptight in the whole system.
Wyfind likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
SFO Staff at the centurion lounge seems to be the most uptight in the whole system.
There is one front desk agent in particular who should consider a career as a prison guard. She may be a manager.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 6:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
😳😳😳
I was sitting near the desk last Sunday and heard this exchange frequently - there must be something in their computer system that blocks entry until the 3hr time window is open, so if they try and scan your BP before the window, it will reject the entry. I can't imagine they are THAT uptight, but if I had a nickel for everyone who I heard in one 60 minute timeblock trying to scam their way into the club, I would qualify for a Centurion card.
SamirD and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I was sitting near the desk last Sunday and heard this exchange frequently - there must be something in their computer system that blocks entry until the 3hr time window is open, so if they try and scan your BP before the window, it will reject the entry. I can't imagine they are THAT uptight, but if I had a nickel for everyone who I heard in one 60 minute timeblock trying to scam their way into the club, I would qualify for a Centurion card.
Not sure if the system really blocks it. Because after our wait of shame I wanted to give her my card/boarding pass again but she rejected and said oh no you guys are already checked in, just go in
Old Jul 23, 2021, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
The young lady at the entrance who was taking names for the waitlist (during COVID) is fully qualified for work as a UC lounge dragon. Amex SFO is like night and day compared with the staff at Escape OAK (which alas has an inferior menu)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Boraxo
The young lady at the entrance who was taking names for the waitlist (during COVID) is fully qualified for work as a UC lounge dragon.
Yup, that's the one.

By contrast, the folks who clear tables are super sweet, as is the older woman who has manned the desk since the lounge opened.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 5:08 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
4pm on a Monday is practically dead, ~12 people. Food is still probably the weakest in the system that I regularly frequent.
Flying Machine and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:31 pm

Oh AmEx...came here tonight 2.5 hours before departure. Showed boarding pass, agent then looked up the flight status on his computer and told me the flight wouldn't depart until 3:15 hours later. I checked and noticed it just got delayed by an hour pushing me outside the 3 hour window. Made me move to the line of shame for 14 minutes. When I tried again after 15 minute they verified current departure time again before finally letting me in.
While waiting, overheard a convo from the guy next to me: He arrived from LAX and was flying back to LAX the same night. Departure 4 hours out. Agent told him rule for connecting flights wouldn't apply as this was a round-trip flight, not connecting. Therefore 3 hour rule would apply.
Then a guy with centurion + plat card came with three guests. Wouldn't let them in. "Only one card can be used for admission"
😳🥺😳
Old Jul 26, 2021, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
The management at that club is atrocious. The interactions that had with the gentleman in the suits have been cordial, but gosh do they play by the rules

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jul 26, 2021 at 10:52 pm
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Then a guy with centurion + plat card came with three guests. Wouldn't let them in. "Only one card can be used for admission"
😳🥺😳
This part is good - there is a restriction on guests and I want it enforced systemwide.
Kacee and IndyHoosier like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.