Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Swung by around 11 on Saturday while on my mileage run. Admitted without any wait, but it was crowded AF. The only open seats were at the big wooden table to the right once you enter. Had a couple beverages and went back to Delta land. I mostly went over to stretch my legs and take a peek at the new connector.
kirkwoodj, Kacee and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I would give Amex another shot for breakfast. Recent reports were pretty good. Youre not that far from the rotunda Lounge if you want to go there afterwards
Quick heads up, I was at Rotunda last Friday morning (12/10) and they're still only serving prepackaged hot sausage/egg biscuit sandwich wrap things (the name escapes me at the moment, but it's basically those Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches by another name).

Centurion Lounge had real food on real dishes and silverware when I was there two weeks ago, egg frittata, sausages, potatoes, etc.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Quick heads up, I was at Rotunda last Friday morning (12/10) and they're still only serving prepackaged hot sausage/egg biscuit sandwich wrap things (the name escapes me at the moment, but it's basically those Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwiches by another name).

Centurion Lounge had real food on real dishes and silverware when I was there two weeks ago, egg frittata, sausages, potatoes, etc.
I like the frittata :-) and the breakfast in general at Amex SFO. While they are naysayers, Im happy with the offerings
IndyHoosier and Polytonic like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Not by another name, they straight up say Jimmy Dean on the packaging.
IndyHoosier and Polytonic like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Zorak
Whatever you do, don't read the nutritional information.
Polytonic and dtwlarry like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Zorak
Yes, on the packaging. . not on the pre-packaging (as mentioned up thread)
Zorak likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I would give Amex another shot for breakfast. Recent reports were pretty good. Youre not that far from the rotunda Lounge if you want to go there afterwards
Hopefully last time it was just a bad day...I'll probably give it another shot, but....

Originally Posted by chillin2345
During my last two visits to SFO Centurion, I found raw, undercooked food on the hotline. Brought it to the attention of the lounge attendants, but just received a shrug. Has anyone else noticed this?
Will have to keep an eye out.

Yeah, was exactly my thought.

I like the frittata :-) and the breakfast in general at Amex SFO. While they are naysayers, Im happy with the offerings
Last time I was there, the frittata (I think spinach and maybe onion?) was absolutely tasteless...again, hopefully it was a bad day (though I will say, since we moved out west, I noticed most breakfast places don't tend to put salt (seems like absolutely none) in eggs....maybe its the more healthy west coast thing, but I digress). They did have a mushroom scrambled egg as well, which was decent for sure.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:39 pm

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
UC does have some hot options. For breakfast, there are re-heated breakfast sandwiches (biscuits) as well as bean and cheese burritos.
I think what's happened over the years is people have developed fairly high expectations for the food at the Centurion Lounges. At times, it's been exceptionally good. Other times, not so much.

Still, it's usually been quite a bit better than the typically slim offerings at the domestic lounges for U.S. legacy carriers.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dhuey
I think what's happened over the years is people have developed fairly high expectations for the food at the Centurion Lounges. At times, it's been exceptionally good. Other times, not so much.

Still, it's usually been quite a bit better than the typically slim offerings at the domestic lounges for U.S. legacy carriers.
SFO Centurion food is way better than anything I've had at any US United Club location. The only United Club location I've been to that comes close is the one at NRT.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by STS-134
SFO Centurion food is way better than anything I've had at any US United Club location. The only United Club location I've been to that comes close is the one at NRT.
I'd agree with this. If I recall, though it's been some time, the UA Clubs in both Tokyo & HK were pretty good when it comes to airport offerings. For some reason, I really like that generic Japanese curry over rice thing they serve in most of the Tokyo lounges.

Regarding SFO CL's offerings, at the risk of sounding like a broken record and really beating a dead horse, I still can't fathom their resistance to offering something other than chicken. Over the past 6 months, LAS has served beef, salmon, pork along with chicken, of course, with each rotating from week to week, not to mention different sides. In my very humble opinion, Amex should take the LAS model and just replicate it throughout their portfolio. Do that, and maybe they can even hike the membership fee again in a couple of years.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Visconti
I'd agree with this. If I recall, though it's been some time, the UA Clubs in both Tokyo & HK were pretty good when it comes to airport offerings. For some reason, I really like that generic Japanese curry over rice thing they serve in most of the Tokyo lounges.

Regarding SFO CL's offerings, at the risk of sounding like a broken record and really beating a dead horse, I still can't fathom their resistance to offering something other than chicken. Over the past 6 months, LAS has served beef, salmon, pork along with chicken, of course, with each rotating from week to week, not to mention different sides.
I rarely ever go to the SFO CL during lunch or dinner. Most of my trips in there are for breakfast. But yeah, the menu almost never changes and if it does, it's maybe 1 or 2 items that are different and the rest seem very familiar. I'd like to see something like smoked salmon instead of sausages. A ton of hotels in Asia have smoked salmon for breakfast and almost no one does this in the US. Only US hotel I've seen do this is the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline Village.

Originally Posted by Visconti
In my very humble opinion, Amex should take the LAS model and just replicate it throughout their portfolio. Do that, and maybe they can even hike the membership fee again in a couple of years.
I thought the food at the PHX CL was pretty good. I was in there during 2 weekends about 2-3 weeks apart and it was exactly the same stuff though (well okay, one weekend I went to the CL and the other weekend I went to the Escape lounge next door, but they share a kitchen and the food was identical both times).
Old Dec 18, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by STS-134
... ton of hotels in Asia have smoked salmon for breakfast and almost no one does this in the US. Only US hotel I've seen do this is the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe in Incline Village. ...
Hyatt Regency LAX, buffet breakfast, all the (Nova Scotia style, non-salty) smoked salmon you can eat, every day.

Hyatt Regency Miami, no buffet but bagel/smoked salmon breakfast entre is served with a generous portion of (Nova Scotia style, non-salty) smoked salmon.

Undoubtedly there are others. The experiences of any ONE of us are miniscule compared to the total number of hotel breakfast offerings.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Undoubtedly there are others. The experiences of any ONE of us are miniscule compared to the total number of hotel breakfast offerings.
Yes, a rather curious comment, as smoked salmon is very commonly available at breakfast buffets in US, with most recent example for me being GH SFO.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Not familiar with SFO at all so a few noob questions I hope you guys can help me with:

Flying out of terminal I on BA on January 7th, 8.20 pm. I understand there is a BA lounge there but would like to visit the Centurion Lounge as well, just out of curiosity as we don't have that many in Europe. What are the logistics if I want to visit the CL first and then the BA lounge? Will the CL be busy around 5 pm? I carry a Centurion card, not sure if that helps with any queues?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by janwillem
Flying out of terminal I on BA on January 7th, 8.20 pm. I understand there is a BA lounge there but would like to visit the Centurion Lounge as well, just out of curiosity as we don't have that many in Europe. What are the logistics if I want to visit the CL first and then the BA lounge?
Ah, not bad, in my view. Should you decide to visit the SFO CL, I encourage you to if you have the time, make a left turn towards Terminal (Concourse) G when you enter the Int'l terminal, and go through security there. If you have TSA Pre or Clear, it should be very quick. Once pass security, veer right where you should see a closed UA Polaris lounge, and head down the escalator; then, follow the walkway and you should see the Amex signage once you exit. You can return the same way and exit from where you came, and then walk all the way down the long hall where you'll find security for Int'l A--again, a relatively quick affair if you have TSA Pre or Clear. If not, ah, you might allow for a little extra time.

Originally Posted by janwillem
Will the CL be busy around 5 pm? I carry a Centurion card, not sure if that helps with any queues?
Ah, it's usually pretty busy at that time, and it wouldn't be uncommon to see a line waiting to enter with a gatekeeper there on a desk. Since you're pressed for time, here's what I'd suggest. I'd walk up to the gatekeeper and just subtlety show her/him your Centurion card. You should be waived in and just take the elevator up or stairs, and wait in that line, if there is one. When you reach the front desk, one of them should then guide you to the rear of the lounge where there is a row of seating reserved for Centurion members, regardless of how busy the lounge may be and offer you some relatively premium drinks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.