Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services

Was in the DFW Centurion lounge last week and was told that they are going to open another Centurion lounge in SFO. Not sure how much faith to put into the word of the person working the lounge reception desk but I could deal with the loss of the AA lounge if more of the Cent lounges were available.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: AS 100K
Angry Centurion Lounge SFO under construction

No problem accessing the AC at LAX two days ago. It's all rumors until we see an official sign in the clubs. In the meantime, perhaps AMEX and AA will work something out.

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Was in the DFW Centurion lounge last week and was told that they are going to open another Centurion lounge in SFO. Not sure how much faith to put into the word of the person working the lounge reception desk but I could deal with the loss of the AA lounge if more of the Cent lounges were available.
The new SFO Centurion lounge has been confirmed by multiple posters across multiple threads. (And, unofficially, by SFO employees.)
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
The new SFO Centurion lounge has been confirmed by multiple posters across multiple threads. (And, unofficially, by SFO employees.)
Haven't heard anything about the most important detail, though -- which terminal? My guess is International or 3; in either case, no help to AA flyers.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by SJC AA
Haven't heard anything about the most important detail, though -- which terminal? My guess is International or 3; in either case, no help to AA flyers.
Terminal 3. Above premium security.
http://thebat-sf.com/2013/10/21/two-...es-coming-sfo/
Old Dec 7, 2013, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by aa4ever
This is huge. Even though I'm sure this is years away, this would make the Centurion network not all that much smaller than the individual DL/UA/AA networks. AA is appx 40 lounges, but that includes 2 each at ORD and JFK and 4 at DFW (i.e. the AC network is really only just more than 30 locations). If somehow they could also partner with DL to allow access even when not flying DL, they will have built an impressive product.
The problem with the Centurion lounge network is that the one in the airport you use might not be convenient for flying AA. For example, the new one in SFO will be in terminal 3, which is just not worth the trouble of passing through security twice since AA flies out of terminal 2.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
The problem with the Centurion lounge network is that the one in the airport you use might not be convenient for flying AA. For example, the new one in SFO will be in terminal 3, which is just not worth the trouble of passing through security twice since AA flies out of terminal 2.
It will actually be outside security.

But, agree, not worth the trouble.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546
It will actually be outside security.

But, agree, not worth the trouble.
Ugh. I didn't know that. All I read was that it would be on "the mezzanine level above the premium security checkpoint in Uniteds Terminal 3 and gate 75". Do you have a link/source? If true, that makes it inconvenient even if flying out of terminal 3 itself.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
You can get to every terminal at SFO behind security, so not a real big deal. I was surprised by several airports where you could't - DCA is one, and I think LGA may have been the other. I had a connection and needed to go outside into the freezing weather to take a bus. I no longer carry a jacket with me because I have left them on airplanes all over the world.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Ronlap
You can get to every terminal at SFO behind security, so not a real big deal. I was surprised by several airports where you could't - DCA is one, and I think LGA may have been the other. I had a connection and needed to go outside into the freezing weather to take a bus. I no longer carry a jacket with me because I have left them on airplanes all over the world.
You cannot get to every terminal behind security at SFO without having to re-clear security.

The terminals that are connected are: International Terminal Concourse G, Terminal 3, and temporarily via a shuttle bus Terminal 1 Concourse B.

Terminal 2, Terminal 1 Concourse C, and International Terminal Concourse A are all unconnected.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by nall
More locations are coming. SFO and LGA are in the works.
Hopefully, if there is an SFO lounge, it's inside after you go thru security, and not outside, like the airline ones...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:56 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by lbotez
...if there is an SFO lounge, .
I moved your post from the LGA thread to the SFO thread. Scroll back to post #4 to see where the lounge will be located.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by lbotez
Hopefully, if there is an SFO lounge, it's inside after you go thru security, and not outside, like the airline ones...
I noticed this sign outside an area under construction on the third floor of Terminal 3. It's past subway so before security.
http://i.imgur.com/Bgp28wc.jpg

Lots of construction work going on in that area with the conference rooms, the new security checkpoint where post-security Burger King use to be, and boarding area E opening up next week.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I have a feeling that when this opens up at SFO, I'm going to walk in and say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
SFO Cent Lounge

I just hope it opens before my arrival to SFO June 18th.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:49 pm

Just noticed today they've made one of the post security barriers go all the way up to the mezzanine level while the rest only goes one floor. Knocking out the glass barrier I suspect to add stairs/escalators?

Looks like two separate construction work going on in the same area of the new checkpoint.

The extra tall barrier goes right into the conference rooms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.