Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by emcampbe
good food options? At SFO lounge?
Yeah, I'd say good, not great. It's not like the Emirates or Polaris Lounge, but in my experience the food and beverages have been good.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dhuey
Yeah, I'd say good, not great. It's not like the Emirates or Polaris Lounge, but in my experience the food and beverages have been good.
IME the food quality has been pretty variable during the pandemic, sometimes decent sometimes bad.

I'm not sured I'd pay much attention to opinions (either way) formed based on a single visit.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
15 minute wait today around 9:30am. They have a decent system in place that texts your phone when you can go in, so you don't have to just stand in line the whole time.

Breakfast options solid as usual, though wouldn't mind them changing things up a little.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by JHake10
I read that a T-3 and T-2 airside connecter is now open. Im guessing the AMEX and even PP Restaurants may be even more crowded.
Just to confirm

Boraxo and JHake10 like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Yes, this is big news for SFO. It means that roughly 75% of the gates -- United, Alaska, Delta and Star Alliance international carriers -- are now connected airside. It should help lots of folks make tight connections they otherwise would have missed.

The other airside zone is International - A and Terminal 1 - Harvey Milk (airside corridor connecting them). You'll need to re-clear security if you want to visit the Centurion Lounge if you're flying out of this zone. I don't think it's worth the walk and the time. Amex cardholders with Priority Pass have access to the Air France lounge, which is right at the end of the airside corridor at the entrance to International-A.

Current Air France Lounge access times for Priority Pass cardholders: Monday: 07:30 - 16:30 Tuesday: 07:30 - 23:30 Wednesday: 07:30 - 23:30 Thursday: 07:30 - 23:30 Friday: 07:30 - 23:30 Saturday: 07:30 - 16:30 Sunday: 07:30 - 23:30 Note: Hours may vary according to flight schedules. Access may be restricted between 11:00 - 15:00 daily due to space constraints.
Boraxo, JHake10, Kacee and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I realize this is an Amex thread but note that All PP members (including Chase etc) have access to the AF lounge in the international terminal. I would say it is not worth the walk from T3 or T2 (and re-clearing security) and probably not from T1 if you have access to the DL lounge via Plat.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.

Last edited by Boraxo; Dec 2, 2021 at 12:49 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
I realize this is an Amex thread but note that All PP members (including Chase etc) have access to the AF lounge in the international terminal. I would say it is not worth the walk from T3 or T2 (and decorating security) and probably not from T1 if you have access to the DL lounge via Plat.
Yes, as we were discussing upthread, we agree (and I think most in the San Francisco forum would agree) that although the SFO Centurion Lounge is generally a good lounge, albeit often crowded, it's probably not worth the walk and time if you have access to another lounge. Maybe go with Centurion if your only other choice is a United Club, but the Alaska (Concourse D), Delta (C), American (B) and Air France (A) lounges are all decent options.
Eastbay1K likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I realize this is an Amex thread but note that All PP members (including Chase etc) have access to the AF lounge in the international terminal.
Lol I'd say the AF lounge isn't worth the walk from A (noting that not everyone will agree with me on how bad this lounge is).

I would say it is not worth the walk from T3 or T2 (and decorating security) and probably not from T1 if you have access to the DL lounge via Plat.
Note the DL lounge, along with DL gates in D & C, are currently in T2, and not accessible from T1.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 8:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in this Friday from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM. Despite there being no United departures between 3 and 4 the lounge was crowded. Agents were going around counting seats while I was there.

Food options looked good though I didn't partake.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
So, next trip from SFO during the crowded Xmas week, and flying UA J to Canada, so should have access to both Centurion and UA club. Any thoughts on which one is preferable?

Ill admit I found Centurion SFO underwhelming my last visit - it was also morning (as this will be), and while there were multiple hot food options for breakfast, most was fairly tasteless, and espresso machines (both) werent working. On the other hand, I suppose any hot food is better than none at all, which I guess is the option at UC. So aside from live situation with capacity restrictions, any reason one might opt the UA club vs. here? Just trying to get some opinions.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
So, next trip from SFO during the crowded Xmas week, and flying UA J to Canada, so should have access to both Centurion and UA club. Any thoughts on which one is preferable?

Ill admit I found Centurion SFO underwhelming my last visit - it was also morning (as this will be), and while there were multiple hot food options for breakfast, most was fairly tasteless, and espresso machines (both) werent working. On the other hand, I suppose any hot food is better than none at all, which I guess is the option at UC. So aside from live situation with capacity restrictions, any reason one might opt the UA club vs. here? Just trying to get some opinions.
I would give Amex another shot for breakfast. Recent reports were pretty good. Youre not that far from the rotunda Lounge if you want to go there afterwards
emcampbe, cuthroat and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:21 pm

During my last two visits to SFO Centurion, I found raw, undercooked food on the hotline. Brought it to the attention of the lounge attendants, but just received a shrug. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by chillin2345
During my last two visits to SFO Centurion, I found raw, undercooked food on the hotline. Brought it to the attention of the lounge attendants, but just received a shrug. Has anyone else noticed this?
Of course you had a thermometer to back up your opinion.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by chillin2345
Definitely experienced undercooked vegetables several times. QC is lacking.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
On the other hand, I suppose any hot food is better than none at all, which I guess is the option at UC.
UC does have some hot options. For breakfast, there are re-heated breakfast sandwiches (biscuits) as well as bean and cheese burritos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.