FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1537308-centurion-lounge-sfo-opened-6-november-2014-2013-2021-a.html)

DMSFCA Nov 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Was in the DFW Centurion lounge last week and was told that they are going to open another Centurion lounge in SFO. Not sure how much faith to put into the word of the person working the lounge reception desk but I could deal with the loss of the AA lounge if more of the Cent lounges were available.

flyingmusicianlax Nov 15, 2013 9:25 am

Centurion Lounge SFO under construction

No problem accessing the AC at LAX two days ago. It's all rumors until we see an official sign in the clubs. In the meantime, perhaps AMEX and AA will work something out.

Originally Posted by DMSFCA (Post 21775689)
Was in the DFW Centurion lounge last week and was told that they are going to open another Centurion lounge in SFO. Not sure how much faith to put into the word of the person working the lounge reception desk but I could deal with the loss of the AA lounge if more of the Cent lounges were available.

The new SFO Centurion lounge has been confirmed by multiple posters across multiple threads. (And, unofficially, by SFO employees.)

SJC AA Nov 17, 2013 7:50 am

Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax (Post 21790268)
The new SFO Centurion lounge has been confirmed by multiple posters across multiple threads. (And, unofficially, by SFO employees.)

Haven't heard anything about the most important detail, though -- which terminal? My guess is International or 3; in either case, no help to AA flyers.

SFOPhD Nov 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by SJC AA (Post 21799416)
Haven't heard anything about the most important detail, though -- which terminal? My guess is International or 3; in either case, no help to AA flyers.

Terminal 3. Above premium security.
http://thebat-sf.com/2013/10/21/two-...es-coming-sfo/

SFOPhD Dec 7, 2013 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by aa4ever (Post 21923978)
This is huge. Even though I'm sure this is years away, this would make the Centurion network not all that much smaller than the individual DL/UA/AA networks. AA is appx 40 lounges, but that includes 2 each at ORD and JFK and 4 at DFW (i.e. the AC network is really only just more than 30 locations). If somehow they could also partner with DL to allow access even when not flying DL, they will have built an impressive product.

The problem with the Centurion lounge network is that the one in the airport you use might not be convenient for flying AA. For example, the new one in SFO will be in terminal 3, which is just not worth the trouble of passing through security twice since AA flies out of terminal 2.

MAH4546 Dec 7, 2013 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD (Post 21923993)
The problem with the Centurion lounge network is that the one in the airport you use might not be convenient for flying AA. For example, the new one in SFO will be in terminal 3, which is just not worth the trouble of passing through security twice since AA flies out of terminal 2.

It will actually be outside security.

But, agree, not worth the trouble.

SFOPhD Dec 7, 2013 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by MAH4546 (Post 21924342)
It will actually be outside security.

But, agree, not worth the trouble.

Ugh. I didn't know that. All I read was that it would be on "the mezzanine level above the premium security checkpoint in United’s Terminal 3 and gate 75". Do you have a link/source? If true, that makes it inconvenient even if flying out of terminal 3 itself.

Ronlap Jan 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD (Post 21923993)

You can get to every terminal at SFO behind security, so not a real big deal. I was surprised by several airports where you could't - DCA is one, and I think LGA may have been the other. I had a connection and needed to go outside into the freezing weather to take a bus. I no longer carry a jacket with me because I have left them on airplanes all over the world.

rob_flies_ua Jan 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Ronlap (Post 22134669)
You can get to every terminal at SFO behind security, so not a real big deal. I was surprised by several airports where you could't - DCA is one, and I think LGA may have been the other. I had a connection and needed to go outside into the freezing weather to take a bus. I no longer carry a jacket with me because I have left them on airplanes all over the world.

You cannot get to every terminal behind security at SFO without having to re-clear security.

The terminals that are connected are: International Terminal Concourse G, Terminal 3, and temporarily via a shuttle bus Terminal 1 Concourse B.

Terminal 2, Terminal 1 Concourse C, and International Terminal Concourse A are all unconnected.

lbotez Jan 23, 2014 11:53 am

Originally Posted by nall (Post 22068968)
More locations are coming. SFO and LGA are in the works.

Hopefully, if there is an SFO lounge, it's inside after you go thru security, and not outside, like the airline ones...

mia Jan 23, 2014 11:56 am

Moderator action

Originally Posted by lbotez (Post 22208767)
...if there is an SFO lounge, .

I moved your post from the LGA thread to the SFO thread. Scroll back to post #4 to see where the lounge will be located.

tigeros Jan 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by lbotez (Post 22208767)
Hopefully, if there is an SFO lounge, it's inside after you go thru security, and not outside, like the airline ones...

I noticed this sign outside an area under construction on the third floor of Terminal 3. It's past subway so before security.
http://i.imgur.com/Bgp28wc.jpg

Lots of construction work going on in that area with the conference rooms, the new security checkpoint where post-security Burger King use to be, and boarding area E opening up next week.

dhuey Jan 23, 2014 10:16 pm

I have a feeling that when this opens up at SFO, I'm going to walk in and say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I

eajusa Jan 24, 2014 1:27 pm

SFO Cent Lounge

I just hope it opens before my arrival to SFO June 18th.

tigeros Jan 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Just noticed today they've made one of the post security barriers go all the way up to the mezzanine level while the rest only goes one floor. Knocking out the glass barrier I suspect to add stairs/escalators?

Looks like two separate construction work going on in the same area of the new checkpoint.

The extra tall barrier goes right into the conference rooms.