Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
Annoyingly, there was a waitlist for the CL friday around 3pm... . I didn't have that much time so I went to the UC instead, which was close to my gate.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS; Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt; AMEX Plat; Hertz
I was at the SFO CL yesterday at 5:30 PM. Waitlisted, and when I went in I was shown to the one empty spot on a crowded table in front of the bar. I did not accept that and was able to get a table for the ten minutes I was there - long enough to discover that the food was horrific. Tasteless "butternut squash soup," (it seemed more like kale in water), unadorned chunks of sweet potatoes, very ordinary chicken. The atmosphere was crowded and frenetic and the staff were harried.

When the CL is not over-crowded it is pleasant, but this is the last time I go there if there is capacity control. I do hope we get some expansion soon. It's united clubs until then.
Boraxo, JHake10 and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:20 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
I...."butternut squash ....sweet potatoes, ...
Happy Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Correct. SFO is ~8,200 sqft while DEN is ~14.650 sqfr. However, SFO is scheduled to be enlarged to ~16,000.
Same location or are they adding another CL or moving it?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Oregonflyer
I was at the SFO CL yesterday at 5:30 PM. Waitlisted, and when I went in
How long was the wait? I'll be there on a Friday at around 5:30 to 6:30 in about 3 weeks. Should I allow extra time?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt; AMEX Plat; Hertz
The wait was around 10 minutes, but YMMV. Next Friday is a holiday weekend, so depends on when people are flying out ...
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by STS-134
Same location or are they adding another CL or moving it?
Enlarging, Construction is taking place in an adjacent area and then theyll tie the two lounges together
beckoa, STS-134 and cuthroat like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by STS-134
How long was the wait? I'll be there on a Friday at around 5:30 to 6:30 in about 3 weeks. Should I allow extra time?
Doesn't get much worse than 5-6 pm. It may start to calm down a little after 6.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Enlarging, Construction is taking place in an adjacent area and then theyll tie the two lounges together
No views of the tarmac still though- right?

Location definitely needs an upgrade...
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by beckoa
No views of the tarmac still though- right?

Location definitely needs an upgrade...
From what I read above most people visit to pound drinks and food, the views seem to be a minor consideration, particularly given the capacity issues.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 1:30 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Boraxo
From what I read above most people visit to pound drinks and food, the views seem to be a minor consideration, particularly given the capacity issues.
pound????
Old Nov 26, 2021, 2:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
pound????
To drink or eat rapidly.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
To drink or eat rapidly.
yes, however the OP made it sound like a fraternity initiation.. I just took offense to the message
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I read that a T-3 and T-2 airside connecter is now open. Im guessing the AMEX and even PP Restaurants may be even more crowded.
cuthroat and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
yes, however the OP made it sound like a fraternity initiation.. I just took offense to the message
What was offensive about the post? Most people are there to gorge on the buffet and open bar. The views and ambience are secondary.
renila, Mama, Elola and 3 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.