Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Which local beers? Pre-COVID they almost never changed them.
Golden Road Mango Cart which I think may be out of LA and Drake's Best Coast IPA out of San Leandro.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by CMK10
Golden Road Mango Cart which I think may be out of LA and Drake's Best Coast IPA out of San Leandro.
Golden road mango cart is a LA brew. They were great while they were independent but I think InBev bought them or some other conglomerate
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Which local beers? Pre-COVID they almost never changed them.
Also had the same food menu Pre-COVID for 6+ months. The options when this lounge opened were much nicer and changed monthly. AMEX needs to get a different head chef for this lounge.
kirkwoodj and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Golden road mango cart is a LA brew. They were great while they were independent but I think InBev bought them or some other conglomerate
Correct, bought by ABInBev
Old Sep 29, 2021, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Baffled by the number of recent posters who think a 470-calorie sandwich consumed during what is presumably one of three meal times (on a daily caloric assumption of 2,000-2,500) represents some kind of potential death sentence to be avoided at all costs. YMMV.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Wow didn't realize they had Mango Cart here. Yum!
Old Oct 6, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Went through yesterday and the lounge was the emptiest I've ever seen it in the morning. Breakfast is the same it's been for months now, though I did notice the addition of a warm blueberry loaf which was very tasty. The shower was also open, I was able to use it without any wait as I don't think most people were aware of it existing.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I popped in yesterday, arriving around 2pm and leaving just before 4pm. The place was barely half-full when I got there, but there was a line to check in downstairs when I left.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:58 pm

Visited the lounge on 10/11, no line to get in at 11am, lots of seats available. Lunch was ready at 11:15, but I was shocked at how bad the food was. The chicken was very bland, and the broccoli salad left much to be desired. Most folks were sticking with the white bean soup, which was ok. The spiced vegetables were the best tasting item offered. Wine tasting was very nice, though it is set up behind 4 2-top tables, so a bit of a squeeze to get the tastings. This was by far the worst CL, in terms of food, that I've been to. DEN and PHL were much better.
There was a pretty long line when we exited the lounge at 12:30pm.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Perhaps a visitor to the SFO CL could ask a supervisor about the status of the LAX CL.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: Asiana Diamond Plus, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Napagoer
Visited the lounge on 10/11, no line to get in at 11am, lots of seats available. Lunch was ready at 11:15, but I was shocked at how bad the food was. The chicken was very bland, and the broccoli salad left much to be desired. Most folks were sticking with the white bean soup, which was ok. The spiced vegetables were the best tasting item offered. Wine tasting was very nice, though it is set up behind 4 2-top tables, so a bit of a squeeze to get the tastings. This was by far the worst CL, in terms of food, that I've been to. DEN and PHL were much better.
There was a pretty long line when we exited the lounge at 12:30pm.
While the food is bland, for me its the staff. Outside of the check-in staff, SFO has the the most unfriendly staff of the 12 Centurion Lounges that Ive been to.
Boraxo and cuthroat like this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Offthegrid
While the food is bland, for me its the staff. Outside of the check-in staff, SFO has the the most unfriendly staff of the 12 Centurion Lounges that Ive been to.
I couldnt agree more!
Vaclav likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Offthegrid
While the food is bland, for me it’s the staff. Outside of the check-in staff, SFO has the the most unfriendly staff of the 12 Centurion Lounges that I’ve been to.
If you had to deal with the crowd that fills this place all day long, you'd probably be cranky too!
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
If you had to deal with the crowd that fills this place all day long, you'd probably be cranky too!
Cranky is way different than RUDE. Rudeness is what Ive encountered. Only at this lounge!
Vaclav and cuthroat like this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA
Current dinner menu is braised chicken thighs, green beans, sweet potatoes, some sort of pale bean dish. Thighs and green beans were OK. The guava agua fresca was great though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.