Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Laborious, I think it’s the same time as if you served yourself personally.
It's not because the server has to go back and forth to the person standing in line, and only one person gets served at a time, versus two or three when you have a line of people moving past the buffet. I would guess it takes 2-3x time per person. When I was there last the line snaked past the restrooms all the way to the bar.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's not because the server has to go back and forth to the person standing in line, and only one person gets served at a time, versus two or three when you have a line of people moving past the buffet. I would guess it takes 2-3x time per person. When I was there last the line snaked past the restrooms all the way to the bar.
FWIW there were multiple servers assisting guests at the same time yesterday morning. But can definitely see it being a problem at times if there's only one server.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
[QUOTE=Zorak;33356558]FWIW there were multiple servers assisting guests at the same time yesterday morning. But can definitely see it being a problem at times if there's only one server.[/QUOTE

There were several servers when I was there last time as well.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW there were multiple servers assisting guests at the same time yesterday morning. But can definitely see it being a problem at times if there's only one server.
There was only one server the first time I approached on Wednesday late afternoon. They added another at some point, for a total of two, but the line still reached the bar. I never saw a line like that pre-covid.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
There was only one server the first time I approached on Wednesday late afternoon. They added another at some point, for a total of two, but the line still reached the bar. I never saw a line like that pre-covid.
Because everyone is so happy to eat Amex’s food once again
Boraxo, krazykanuck and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Any idea on when the hours will go back to normal? Website currently says 6a - 7p which does not help anyone taking evening or redeye flights.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Any idea on when the hours will go back to normal? Website currently says 6a - 7p which does not help anyone taking evening or redeye flights.
Well they've been creeping in both directions. A month ago it was 8 am to 5 pm.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
That puts them in line with every other club. CLT has a bunch of late banks and MIA of course has all the late South America flights and their lounges still close at 7 PM too
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by CMK10
That puts them in line with every other club. CLT has a bunch of late banks and MIA of course has all the late South America flights and their lounges still close at 7 PM too
MIA closes at 8:30 now, but the point still stands, they're nowhere close to "normal" hours of say 10pm.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
MIA closes at 8:30 now, but the point still stands, they're nowhere close to "normal" hours of say 10pm.
However they’re moving in the right direction
Old Jul 13, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Yes. It was busy, but not packed, when I arrived ~8:30 this morning, although it's filled up more now.

i was there for this menu, it felt only a slight step up from hampton-inn level eggs and turkey sausage patties...
Old Jul 18, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In the SFO lounge this morning, fairly crowded but not overdone. Food service is thankfully managed by staff to remove the risk of re-using dirty plates and using fingers, plus keeping children away from the buffet, although I can't recall ever eating such tasteless and horrible scrambled eggs. Clientele seems tipped more towards families and couples, and fewer obnoxious 'tech bros'.

Sitting not far from the check-in counter, I am noticing about 1 in 5 attempts are made to enter outside of the 3hr window, or by someone ineligible, or attempting to bring in guests without paying.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Very busy on Saturday morning but no wait to get in. Breakfast was excellent, best food of the 3 Centurion lounges I visited this weekend. The buffet is still served by an attendant, you just point at what you want.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 2:22 am

5-6 pm is the most crowded in my July experience.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by zeer0
Very busy on Saturday morning but no wait to get in. Breakfast was excellent, best food of the 3 Centurion lounges I visited this weekend. The buffet is still served by an attendant, you just point at what you want.
You really liked those scrambled eggs? I thought they were horrible and even had a faint hint of sulphur scent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.