Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Infinite1K
FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, Terminal 3 concourses E and F, and International Terminal concourse G are connected airside to the Centurion lounge. Some other concourses are connected to each other airside, but not to the point that you can walk airside to the Centurion. However, with a PreCheck security lane right next to the entrance to the lounge, it can be quite easy to clear security twice if necessary.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: It depends. If you're arriving in the aforementioned concourses E, F, or G, then yes, but only if you have a connecting flight. If you're arriving in one of the other concourses, then security at SFO won't let you clear into E, F, or G without a boarding pass departing SFO that day. If you're arriving internationally, again, you'd need a same-day SFO departing boarding pass to clear security.

Wines by electronic pour
What have you found?
  • Add wine and date please
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014] (2013 - 2021)

Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Looks like Chef Christopher Kostow will be creating the menu for the lounge:

http://about.americanexpress.com/new...on-lounge.aspx
http://eater.com/archives/2014/06/12...rt-lounges.php

Last edited by mongobot; Jun 13, 2014 at 1:09 pm Reason: Added official press link
Old Jul 8, 2014, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by konoyaro
Looks like Chef Christopher Kostow will be creating the menu for the lounge:

http://about.americanexpress.com/new...on-lounge.aspx
http://eater.com/archives/2014/06/12...rt-lounges.php
Beat me to it, but here's a bit more on the chef:

http://www.cntraveler.com/daily-trav...sp_mid=6735848
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Does anyone know if there's an exact date when this location will be open? I'm connecting through in the end of September and hope it will be open by then.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'd love for it to be open end of September - traveling to SFO for Oracle OpenWorld and it would be great to start/end the conference at a nice lounge

Actually now that I think of it - it'd be fun to have a FT/Oracle/SFO "lounge is opening" meetup if it's available by Sept 27 or Oct 2.

Last edited by mia; Jul 30, 2014 at 10:26 am Reason: Combine consecutive replies
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I was at SFO on Thursday, Aug 28...and from looking up (I know...can't tell a lot from papered over windows), my thought is that they still have a way to go on this. The promise was by year-end. I'm not expecting it within the next month. I'm hoping before November, but who knows.

My UA Club membership just expired (I have had it since 1999). The UA club experience has degraded so much that I couldn't stomach spending $400/year on it. I'm making do with Priority Pass Select (AS Lounge at LAX is great) and am looking forward to making the SFO Centurion Club my second home.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:48 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Landside vs. airside

Not sure if anyone has noted this on the landside vs. airside speculation, but I very quickly skimmed through the operating agreement and noticed the following:

EXHIBIT D
CITY WORK

The following work items shall comprise the City Work and completion of the City Work shall be a pre-condition to the effective delivery of the Premises to Tenant in Deliverable Condition.
. . .
(ii) Construction of a new egress stairwell to the east of the Premises,
. . . .
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but wouldn't a new stairwell "east" of the Premises be airside?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by auggie doggie
I was at SFO on Thursday, Aug 28...and from looking up (I know...can't tell a lot from papered over windows), my thought is that they still have a way to go on this. The promise was by year-end. I'm not expecting it within the next month. I'm hoping before November, but who knows.

My UA Club membership just expired (I have had it since 1999). The UA club experience has degraded so much that I couldn't stomach spending $400/year on it. I'm making do with Priority Pass Select (AS Lounge at LAX is great) and am looking forward to making the SFO Centurion Club my second home.
Well that sucks. Was hoping I could stop by between my connecting flights in 3 weeks
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by auggie doggie

Doh. I was hoping it would be done for my flight in Oct.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by nnn
Not sure if anyone has noted this on the landside vs. airside speculation, but I very quickly skimmed through the operating agreement and noticed the following:

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but wouldn't a new stairwell "east" of the Premises be airside?
I thought it has already been confirmed that SFO club will be on the air side.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 11:10 am
nnn

Originally Posted by geclub1
I didn't see any official confirmation in the FT threads I scanned. Just speculation/rumors/"I heard XXX." But I may have missed it.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by geclub1
Could be for fire escape?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:03 am
nnn

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Could be for fire escape?
The new staircase could be a fire exit, as it's identified as "egress," though it seems odd that a fire escape would lead into a sterile area. One person opens that door and it would be a headache for the entire airport. As a result, I'm guessing it's the main entrance (airside), but who knows.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 24 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Another City Work item - Demolition of the premises that previously served the prior Burger King concession on Level 2.

Now I'm just taking a WAG at this, but given the Burger King was immediately to the right as you exit the new PreCheck area and looking at the map for the Level 2 lobby area I'm going to suggest that the lobby entrance will be just airside after PreCheck with elevator and stair access to Level 3 where the club will be.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 3:16 pm

I rarely visit SFO, but heck, I'm planning my TPE-SFO-YYZ return next Summer 2015, just hoping to visit the Centurion lounge, how crazy is this, planning around 1 lounge, ha

Have visited LAS lounge - so-so IMO
May want to visit DFW, despite not interested in the city and I'm *A Gold and not AA EXP
May visit LGA sometime next year
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by nnn
The new staircase could be a fire exit, as it's identified as "egress," though it seems odd that a fire escape would lead into a sterile area. One person opens that door and it would be a headache for the entire airport. As a result, I'm guessing it's the main entrance (airside), but who knows.
I can't believe an emergency exit would get you from landside to airside. Like you say, if someone opens that door and exits, that would likely require a massive purge of everyone in at least T3F, and quite possibly T3E and International-G. No way. This lounge is airside.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.