Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:44 pm

Red face Delta AmEx: What is the cheapest thing to buy from Delta to get a statement credit?

Does anyone here know of some low-dollar purchase I can make from Delta online or over the phone so I can get the $100 Delta AmEx Plat statement credit?

Reason I ask:

Just got approved for the Delta Plat AmEx – It has a $100 statement credit if you make a Delta purchase (tickets, in-flight purchases, etc.) within the first 3 months.

AmEx generated a page with the card number, cid, and expiry upon approval so I have the info needed to make a charge online or over the phone, but am traveling abroad before the physical card will arrive (tried to expedite already, CSRs said no) and will not be traveling again between the time I get back and before the 3 month statement credit period is expired.

So would like some way of making a low dollar Delta purchase to get the $100 statement credit
Old Jan 19, 2016, 2:37 am

Welcome to flyertalk. This board you posted on has a very good moderator so your post will most likely be moved. Until then read this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...2015-a-22.html
Old Jan 22, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by hollabolla
Does anyone here know of some low-dollar purchase I can make from Delta online or over the phone so I can get the $100 Delta AmEx Plat statement credit?

Reason I ask:

Just got approved for the Delta Plat AmEx – It has a $100 statement credit if you make a Delta purchase (tickets, in-flight purchases, etc.) within the first 3 months.

AmEx generated a page with the card number, cid, and expiry upon approval so I have the info needed to make a charge online or over the phone, but am traveling abroad before the physical card will arrive (tried to expedite already, CSRs said no) and will not be traveling again between the time I get back and before the 3 month statement credit period is expired.

So would like some way of making a low dollar Delta purchase to get the $100 statement credit
Delta giftcard
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:17 pm

hi,

does shopping at deltashop.com trigger the $50 statement credit? thanks
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:26 pm

Are there ever any good incentives for the Business Delta Reserve?

I've been wanting this card for a while since I fly 7-8 times a year with Delta and would have no problem hitting the $60,000 spend for the larger bonus, but I have yet to see any special offers for this card over the last 3 months.

Am I wasting my time waiting? Thank you.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
New Offer: 35K miles + Silver Medallion Status

Just got this offer for a Delta Gold Amex:

35K miles +Silver Medallion Status for six months +$50 Delta credit when I purchase $2000 in 3 months.

Not going to go for it - Delta status means nothing to me. Never received an offer that ties status to a credit card like this though!

Here's the offer:

Silver Medallion® status is just a step away. You can get 35,000 bonus miles and enjoy Silver Medallion status for 6 months after spending $2,000 in purchases on your Card in the first 3 months.1 Plus, also receive a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your Card in the first 3 months.2 And remember, your miles don't expire!

Get these benefits with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card:
• Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta3
• Check your first bag free on every Delta flight — a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four4
• Priority Boarding, so you can board early, stow your bag and settle in sooner for a pleasant trip5
• Pay with Miles, which lets you use miles to reduce the cost of eligible Delta tickets6
Enjoy all these perks and more with Silver Medallion status:
• Upgrade Eligibility provides Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for you and a companion on paid tickets, subject to availability
• Complimentary access to available Delta Comfort+™ seats within 24 hours of departure
• Preferred Seating gives Medallion® members access to preferential advance seat assignment, subject to availability
Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.7+

Hurry, this special offer ends March 8, 2016.8
APPLY NOW >
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Bretmd
Just got this offer for a Delta Gold Amex:

35K miles +Silver Medallion Status for six months +$50 Delta credit when I purchase $2000 in 3 months.

Not going to go for it - Delta status means nothing to me. Never received an offer that ties status to a credit card like this though!

Here's the offer:

Silver Medallion® status is just a step away. You can get 35,000 bonus miles and enjoy Silver Medallion status for 6 months after spending $2,000 in purchases on your Card in the first 3 months.1 Plus, also receive a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your Card in the first 3 months.2 And remember, your miles don't expire!

Get these benefits with the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card:
• Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta3
• Check your first bag free on every Delta flight — a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four4
• Priority Boarding, so you can board early, stow your bag and settle in sooner for a pleasant trip5
• Pay with Miles, which lets you use miles to reduce the cost of eligible Delta tickets6
Enjoy all these perks and more with Silver Medallion status:
• Upgrade Eligibility provides Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for you and a companion on paid tickets, subject to availability
• Complimentary access to available Delta Comfort+™ seats within 24 hours of departure
• Preferred Seating gives Medallion® members access to preferential advance seat assignment, subject to availability
Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.7+

Hurry, this special offer ends March 8, 2016.8
APPLY NOW >
I received a similar email ... only offering 50,000 miles. Considering it for the miles alone. Don't fly DL much, though.

Any thoughts from anyone on this offer?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 11:24 am

Can anyone share or PM me a link or offer code for a 50k/60k offer please?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:50 pm

No churn for old Delta Amex

I closed my last Delta Amex 5 years ago, and decided to try again to possibly get the bonus miles. Approved online. Card came with no offer. I called and they verified no offer because I already received the bonus miles 5+ years ago. When they say "Once Per Lifetime" they really mean it !
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:11 pm

Please pm link for 50k/60k offers! Thank you!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:38 pm

Got a Plat Delta Skymiles Amex offer at the beginning of Feb and I'm thinking of jumping on it. Offer expires at the end of the month. Seems pretty good, thoughts? The free companion ticket alone could make up for the annual fee.

$195 annual fee
45k bonus miles + 15k MQM's after $1,000 spend in first 3 months.
$100 statement credit after first purchase.
One companion certificate for domestic main cabin round trip flight each year with renewal of card. First purchased ticket must be in L,U,T,X,V class.
10k bonus miles + 10k MQM's if spend $25k/year or 20k bonus miles + 20K MQM's if spend $50k/year.
1st checked bag free.
Priority Boarding

Last edited by somefan; Feb 24, 2016 at 6:51 pm
Old Feb 25, 2016, 1:26 pm

Ongoing 50K Offers?

Please PM with any ongoing 50K offers. Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:19 am

I keep seeing requests for 50k offer requests to be sent via PM, are there any offers???
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by ninim2200
I keep seeing requests for 50k offer requests to be sent via PM, are there any offers???
The current 50k offer I have received states :

"Only members who receive this offer directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible. The offer is non-transferable."
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom
I closed my last Delta Amex 5 years ago, and decided to try again to possibly get the bonus miles. Approved online. Card came with no offer. I called and they verified no offer because I already received the bonus miles 5+ years ago. When they say "Once Per Lifetime" they really mean it !
Out of curiosity, did they still waive the annual fee, or is that considered part of "the offer"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.