Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Have you verified that American Express is using the correct Skymiles account number? To my knowledge there is no delay on posting points to partner reward programs (Delta, Hilton, Starwood), but there can always be a system problem at American Express or Delta which would delay a specific transaction.
Yes they have the correct card #.

Ok so I contacted Amex again this AM. I was told that with Delta cards, they do not credit miles until they receive your payment for the statement.

Huh? I had the pers Gold Delta card in the past and I always got miles right after statement close.

What is going on here. Getting irritated.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:49 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
What is going on here. Getting irritated.
This is another policy which is accurate for Membership Rewards, but (to my knowledge) does not apply to Skymiles or Starpoints or HHonors. It is not unusual for CSR's (at any company) to invent plausible explanations to end a conversation. If you don't want to wait a few days to see if it is a technical glitch which resolves itself you will need to escalate a couple levels past the person who answers the phone.

When do the terms of the offer say that the points will be deposited?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by mia
This is another policy which is accurate for Membership Rewards, but (to my knowledge) does not apply to Skymiles or Starpoints or HHonors. It is not unusual for CSR's (at any company) to invent plausible explanations to end a conversation. If you don't want to wait a few days to see if it is a technical glitch which resolves itself you will need to escalate a couple levels past the person who answers the phone.

When do the terms of the offer say that the points will be deposited?
Terms do state 6-8 weeks. Spend met two weeks ago. So in theory, yes, I do not have a leg to stand on. But then I read in here of folks getting their sign up bonus a day or two after hitting the spend. In fact, I had the pers. version of this card a few years back and had the bonus post immediately.

Frustrating deal to be in no mans land for the next month when their are attractive mileage redemptions to be had.....
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:54 am

Ok regardless of new card bonus miles, do regular earned spend miles get credited after statement close? Seems those should be less random than bonus offers...
Old Dec 16, 2015, 9:59 am
mia

Terms do state 6-8 weeks. .
It's true that American Express often deposits points earlier than specified in the terms. In my experience they appear in the partner award account a few days after they appear on the PDF/printed statement. It's also true that they shouldn't give you a different explanation each time you ask.

The fact that the bonus points appear on the statement should rule out any eligibility issue. I think it's just a technical delay. Up to you to decide whether to invest more time on the phone now when there is the possibility that they will simply tell you to wait six more weeks.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by mia
It's true that American Express often deposits points earlier than specified in the terms. In my experience they appear in the partner award account a few days after they appear on the PDF/printed statement. It's also true that they shouldn't give you a different explanation each time you ask.

The fact that the bonus points appear on the statement should rule out any eligibility issue. I think it's just a technical delay. Up to you to decide whether to invest more time on the phone now when there is the possibility that they will simply tell you to wait six more weeks.
Thank you for your advice, I appreciate it. I am hoping a couple more days gets this over the hump. If not, I just got hooked up with some pretty bad luck I guess.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:02 am

Still no signup bonus NOR regular earned miles as of this AM. Statement closed 3 days ago on the 14th. I now have 0 clue when these pts are gonna post, which is a big bummer. Will pay off balance today and see if that triggers anything.

Appears that AMEX is getting very stingy and conservative.......
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:09 am
mia

Appears that AMEX is getting very stingy and conservative.......
-OR- they are experiencing a significant data processing problem. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:38 am

You know what the funny thing is....got my statement today and it shows that I earned 5x,xxx miles, yet nothing posted to skymiles acct. Agreed, issues on Amex's end.

Also, funny thing, is that I DID get the $50 statement credit for a Delta purchase already. So I GOT one bonus, but did NOT get the other yet. Weird....
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
In June this year, there was a special 60K DL Platinum offer with an annual fee of $195 and a $100 DL credit. Does anyone know if this DL credit was if the DL purchase was within a certain time period e.g., 3 months? Forgot to buy a GC so wondering if I will get a credit now.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Since my card is new I'll post my experience.

- Opened Delta Plat AMEX on 11/20
- Made a Delta purchase on 12/5
- $100 statement credit posted on 12/14
- MQM's and Bonus Miles posted to Delta on 12/15
- First statement cut 12/18

Hope that helps
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by UA Fan
In June this year, there was a special 60K DL Platinum offer with an annual fee of $195 and a $100 DL credit. Does anyone know if this DL credit was if the DL purchase was within a certain time period e.g., 3 months? Forgot to buy a GC so wondering if I will get a credit now.
I still have the email from the offer I received. From what I recall, the time period is always 3 months. See below -

Start reaching for the next level of status.1 Earn 60,000 bonus miles and 15,000 MQMs after spending $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first three months. Plus, receive a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first three months.

With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you enjoy these exclusive benefits:

Enjoy a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card.*

With Miles BoostSM, you can earn up to 20,000 bonus miles and 20,000 MQMs after you spend $50,000 or more in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.

Pay With Miles, which lets you redeem your miles to reduce the cost of Delta tickets.

All this for an annual fee of $195.+ Act soon, this special offer ends October 18, 2015.

*Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:27 pm

Spend met for 50k mile bonus roughly Dec 5. First statement cut Dec 14. Balance paid in full. STILL NO EARNED NOR BONUS MILES IN MY SKYMILES ACCOUNT.
This is the Gold Biz Skymiles card.

I'll be getting rid of this one soon me thinks....
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:19 am
mia

Spend met for 50k mile bonus roughly Dec 5. First statement cut Dec 14. Balance paid in full. STILL NO EARNED NOR BONUS MILES IN MY SKYMILES ACCOUNT.
If you have not received the base miles (one per dollar) there is a technical problem at American Express -or- Delta. Most likely linked to a different SkyMiles account, but could simply be part of a batch which did not post correctly. You will need to patiently pursue this several levels above those who answer the telephone, by politely rejecting any attempt to explain this as intentional or normal. It's not, it's a mistake.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.