Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:37 am

Business cards now available for the 50k +$50 offer.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles.html leads to

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...al/090/dal-215

and click on "business cards":

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...l-215#business
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:19 pm

May I apply for both Gold Personal and Gold Business at the same time and get both sign-up bonus? They should be considered two different products, right?

I think I saw this information somewhere in the thread, but just want to double confirm before I do it. Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
I qualified for Silver via Delta's quicksilver promo for WA residents earlier in the year. Recently, I got a targeted offer for the personal plat card: 60k bonus miles (incl. 15k MQMs) for $1000 spend in 3 months and $100 statement credit for a Delta purchase within the first 3 months. Offer expires 31 OCT. AF is $195 with no charge for AUs.

Seems reasonable. Am I missing something?
Took the offer this weekend. CSR said the MQMs would credit 6-8 weeks after meeting the min spend, so hitting it in late Nov would credit in the 2016 program. What's been everyone's experience here with timing to hit the new year?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 10:55 am

The 50k and $50 statement credit offer is also available as a referral. You can find referrals for the business card in the referrals thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post25623095
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:51 am
TKD

Programs: Delta, IHG
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Took the offer this weekend. CSR said the MQMs would credit 6-8 weeks after meeting the min spend, so hitting it in late Nov would credit in the 2016 program. What's been everyone's experience here with timing to hit the new year?
That 6-8 weeks is probably super-conservative, worst-case scenario sort of thing. My Delta SkyMiles Platinum card was approved in late September. I met the minimum spend for the signup bonus on October 11 (i.e., before my first statement closed), and the signup bonus posted to my SkyMiles account on October 14. (In my case, I'm okay with this since I'll hit Silver easily before year end but have no realistic shot of making Gold, so the MQMs will just roll over.)
Old Nov 10, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Does anyone have any experience triggering the $50 statement credit by booking hotel through delta.com? Or do I have to purchase flight-related ticket/services in order to trigger the credit?

I have no intention to fly with Delta any time soon but wanted to get the $50 credit... what would be the most cost efficient to go about this?

Booking a refundable flight or hotel through delta.com and then refunding it after the $50 statement credit posts - would this work?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by rownada
Does anyone have any experience triggering the $50 statement credit by booking hotel through delta.com? Or do I have to purchase flight-related ticket/services in order to trigger the credit?

I have no intention to fly with Delta any time soon but wanted to get the $50 credit... what would be the most cost efficient to go about this?

Booking a refundable flight or hotel through delta.com and then refunding it after the $50 statement credit posts - would this work?
Buy Delta gift cards.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:29 pm

gift card has a minimum load of $50 I think which defeats the purpose of the $50 statement credit. I have no intention of flying delta at all so the gift card will be wasted (or at least shelved for the foreseeable future...)

Anyone has any interesting way to trigger the $50 statement credit without actually spending (or if impossible, spend the least) with Delta?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ttsai
May I apply for both Gold Personal and Gold Business at the same time and get both sign-up bonus? They should be considered two different products, right?

I think I saw this information somewhere in the thread, but just want to double confirm before I do it. Thanks!
If I may tag on, similar question......

I canx my Gold pers card about a year ago. If I get the biz card, will I get the 50k bonus miles? Are the pers and biz considered separate products and do the bonus offers have any bearing on one another?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
... Are the pers and biz considered separate products and do the bonus offers have any bearing on one another?
Separate products with different bonus eligibility policies.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rownada
gift card has a minimum load of $50 I think which defeats the purpose of the $50 statement credit.
How so?
Old Nov 11, 2015, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
How so?
Because I will unlikely fly Delta any time soon, hence can't use the giftcard... And the giftcard can't be used to pay taxes when redeeming Skymiles either I think.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:51 pm
Suspended

The purpose of the $50 statement credit is plainly to get people to use their Delta card on a Delta flight. I don't see how anyone can complain about that.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
You should read the terms of the offer, but in general it is 12 months after you last "had" the same business card, which means 12 months after the account was closed.
I have a similar question. I've read through the thread and am still unclear.

I have a personal DL Reserve and a business DL Plat. If I cancel them next year and immediately get the business Reserve and personal DL Plat. (never had either product prior), will I be eligible for sign-up bonus MQMs? And, if I max out my 30K MQM on the personal Reserve and business Plat. 20K MQM prior to canceling in mid-2016, will I be able to get 2016 MQMs for spend on the new cards too?

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
An article at Rene's Points implies that the personal cards are one family and that I'll have to wait twelve months but that business cards may be okay. You all think I can cancel both next year, get the business Reserve and be good to go?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.