Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Henla
An article at Rene's Points implies that the personal cards are one family and that I'll have to wait twelve months but that business cards may be okay. You all think I can cancel both next year, get the business Reserve and be good to go?
*if you get different cards that you never got before you should get the bonus,
* if you cancel a business card you eligible to get the bonus for the same card after 12 months,
*You are only entitled to the bonus once in a lifetime for any personal amex product.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ninim2200
*if you get different cards that you never got before you should get the bonus,
* if you cancel a business card you eligible to get the bonus for the same card after 12 months,
*You are only entitled to the bonus once in a lifetime for any personal amex product.
Thanks. I appreciate your response. I am familiar with the terms you shared but am not sure how Amex would implement them in my scenario.

Here's my case in a nutshell: Let's say I max out my Amex DL Platinum Business for 20K MQM by June '16 (i.e., $50K spend). I then cancel that card and immediately open a new Amex Reserve Business. Can I get 30K MQMs in 2016 with an additional $60K spend, and will I get the sign-up bonus?
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
SkyMiles Gold, Platinum and Reserve are different products. Holding one should not disqualify a bonus for the others, unless the terms of the offer explicitly state. (American Express briefly used a "family of cards" disqualification policy, but that ended a couple of years ago.)

You may find this thread helpful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ess-cards.html

...but the BEST place to research this is in the Skymiles forum where there are many people with the same objectives.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hhonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks Mia!
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by Scianh
Here's the email link I got for the same offer but only 1K spend. It's a shame I got it minutes after I applied for the 2K spend and booked my flights

https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...CEIPT_S0_AXLTO
THanks, but I notice that it says that the welcome bonus is not available to applicants who have had this product. I did have the Gold DL card once but that was probably 4 or more years ago. How far back do they look to determine if I have had it before?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:47 pm
mia

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
How far back do they look to determine if I have had it before?
At least seven years. You would need to have closed the card in 2007 to be confident that it was no longer in the current database.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by mia
At least seven years. You would need to have closed the card in 2007 to be confident that it was no longer in the current database.
ah. I that case is there a link to the 50K offer for business DL gold card? I know that one is more churnable.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 3:53 pm
mia

ah. ... link to the 50K offer for business DL gold card? .
http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...mt-member.html
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:14 am

I tried multiple times to apply from this link. Each time it took all my info, but when I pressed the final Submit button, nothing happened. I finally pressed the save application button and it said a link would be sent to my email to reopen and submit the app later.

1 hour later and I still haven't received the link via email. Does anyone know if the AmEx website is having problems processing applications?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:47 pm
Suspended

I don't know about applications, but I noticed the website was slower than usual, and the rewards section of the main accounts page kept showing as "unavailable."
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:29 pm

I tried multiple times to apply from this link. Each time it took all my info, but when I pressed the final Submit button, nothing happened. I finally pressed the save application button and it said a link would be sent to my email to reopen and submit the app later.

1 hour later and I still haven't received the link via email. Does anyone know if the AmEx website is having problems processing applications?
try this link and see if this one works 50k-1k spending - Expired

Last edited by ninim2200; Nov 18, 2015 at 7:52 am
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by ninim2200
try this link and see how if this one works 50k-1k spending
Applied through this link and got pending.

"Your application has been received and will be processed as soon as possible. We will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days."

Should I call any number or just wait?
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I called American Express but received a message that they are unusually busy and to call back in 24 hours. I didn't bother to try and wait it out.

I responded to a targeted offer (15K MQM, 60K RDM, $100 Statement Credit) back in October. There was an issue with my application (item on credit report) and I had to send in documentation after it was removed. Yesterday I received an email that my application was approved but it's weeks past the expiration of the original targeted offer.

My assumption is that since I applied during the offer timeline, I'll still receive the promotional benefits. Correct assumption?

NVM on my question. I called this morning and the offer was applied to my new account. It's my first AMEX and I'm looking forward to using it.

Last edited by nichelle; Nov 22, 2015 at 7:00 am
Old Dec 1, 2015, 3:26 am
Suspended

Sorry for a minor threadjack, but does anyone know if the Delta e-certs are eligible for getting the $50 bonus credit on a Delta Amex? (I have a Delta Amex Gold card that includes $50 back from Delta after making a Delta purchase within the first 3 months, but I haven't had any trips on Delta.) Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
60K email offer for Delta Gold Amex

Received an email offer this morning for the Delta Gold Personal Amex:
60K miles when you spend $1000 in three months plus $50 statement credit with Delta purchase in three months.

Thought it was worth a mention since this is the highest I've seen from this card in awhile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.