Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 21, 18, 12:24 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: vah4883
Wiki Link
Discussion from 2013 - 2016 is HERE.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Also check Delta.com: Sometimes better offers might be available there.

The following offers for upto 70K on personal and business:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#Platinum

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/

valid through 04/11/2018

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/delta-gold-credit-card/

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/gold-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card/

personal card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, 10k MQM, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/platinum-delta-skymiles-credit-card

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/platinum-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card

If you are current Delta Platinum AMEX cardholder, you might be eligible for 10K referral offer. New cardmember bonus is 70K.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...af/201193-CCSG

__________________________________________________ _____________
From 2013-2016 thread:
Delta Amex Gold personal card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $3,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...803/learn-more

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $4,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...card-learnmore

Delta Amex Platinum personal card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dTGh6YYi20bhY=

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...H*eEoCo4ueJ0=?

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 40k miles + $50 statement credit, $1,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...C30TFwBwHd9o=?

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and $1000 more w/in 6 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight. [Did [b]not work when I booked a flt today, 3/15/17.]

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/
"Earn up 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 stmt. credit."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).
vah4883 received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card
philemer received $100 credit for buying a box lunch on board
END
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 2, 17, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver
Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards

Originally Posted by Kevin Liu View Post
I was wondering does anyone try this recently

So I currently have AMEX DL GOLD personal credit card and never had AMEX DL PALT before
Can I get the sign on bonus (60k miles + 10k MQM + 100 credit) if I "upgrade" my current credit card from gold to plat. ?
Or I simply have to start a new application.

Thanks
Just wondering if the answer from (June 2016 to the post above) still holds true: no, you cannot upgrade; you must apply for a new card to get the bonus points.
Old Jan 3, 17, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI View Post
Just wondering if the answer from (June 2016 to the post above) still holds true: no, you cannot upgrade; you must apply for a new card to get the bonus points.
1. In general, banks don't give the signup bonus when you upgrade the card.

2. Amex gives upgrade bonuses in a few cases (such as HHonors no-AF to HHonors Surpass), but:
a. They're promoted as such, and:

b. The upgrade bonuses are different than the signup bonuses, and:

c. You have to go through a specific process to do the upgrade with a bonus..
Thus unless you see separate promotion specifically for upgrading an Amex Delta card, I don't see any reason to expect the signup bonus to work when upgrading, when it doesn't for any other card (from Amex or any other bank).
Old Jan 3, 17, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Thus unless you see separate promotion specifically for upgrading an Amex Delta card, I don't see any reason to expect the signup bonus to work when upgrading, when it doesn't for any other card (from Amex or any other bank).
Thanks. Will keep an eye out but won't hold my breath.
Old Jan 5, 17, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold
I've seen scattered reports over the last few years that seem to indicate that Amex has offered targeted MQM bonuses to upgrade from the Platinum to Reserve Delta cards. Amex confirmed that they have made upgrade offers between these two cards, but wouldn't say more about frequency or how broad they are targeted. Can anyone confirm they've received an upgrade bonus offer for going DL Plat to Reserve in the last few years? If so, what was the offer?
Old Jan 5, 17, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by NYCNorm View Post
I've seen scattered reports over the last few years that seem to indicate that Amex has offered targeted MQM bonuses to upgrade from the Platinum to Reserve Delta cards. Amex confirmed that they have made upgrade offers between these two cards, but wouldn't say more about frequency or how broad they are targeted. Can anyone confirm they've received an upgrade bonus offer for going DL Plat to Reserve in the last few years? If so, what was the offer?
I upgraded Plat to Reserve in 2015. IIRC it was minor, something like 5k MQM, which at the time was simply the difference between the publicly available initial signup bonuses between the two cards. In other words, Amex basically made up the difference as if I had signed up for the Reserve from day 1.

Originally Posted by schwimmair View Post
Hey y'all could use some expert help please.

I got the Amex DL Platinum card and am working through the minimum spend and want to make sure my MQM's post for 2017 not 2016.

My statement closing date is January 12th, if I complete my spend between January 1-12, 2017, will MQM's post for 2016 or 2017 please.

Thanks and happy new years to all!
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
It's based on the date of purchase. Purchases made up until 11:59 tonight will count for 2016. Purchases made after 12:00 will count for 2017.
This might depend. schwimmair mentions a "minimum spend" which makes me think that he/she may be trying to meet the spend for an initial signup bonus. If that's the case, those usually post after the closing date of the statement period in which the minimum spend is hit, and if the closing date is 1/12, I wouldn't be surprised if the MQMs credited to 2017 when the post.
Old Jan 6, 17, 8:49 pm

It looks like the 50k personal gold card from the Wiki link above is now a 30k offer only. I tried dummy booking through Delta.com too, but same thing. Wanted to have my husband apply for the Gold too like I did. I guess he will do the Platinum, then.

I tried to apply for 70k personal platinum myself 2 days ago too, but got denied. I reached the "maximum of cards that Amex is willing to approve in the period of a few months".
Got Amex Platinum card in October, Amex Delta Skymiles Gold in November, and Amex Blue Cash Every Day in December.
I called and was told I could reappply on 2/10, but the 70k Delta Platinum offer will be over on 2/1 according to Wiki. Guess I couldn't snatch 120,000 Delta Skymiles.
Old Jan 8, 17, 12:25 am

Programs: MR, DL
Yeah the 50K Gold + $100 is gone. Since I read a lot of reports of that offer coming, I'm not too worried. I did however get the Delta Platinum with the 70K. Now I have to figure out if I want to keep my Amex Plat next year. Also it's funny how the Amex Plat earns 5x on airfare and transfers to Delta while their own card gets 2x. Such is life.
Old Jan 8, 17, 4:22 am

bump..

when does 70k bonus post after hitting $5k spend? Does it post few days after hitting the spend requirement (but before current statement closes if it's still far away from end of billing cycle) or does it post after current statement closes?

Last edited by mia; Jan 10, 17 at 7:49 am
Old Jan 14, 17, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by bgalakazam View Post
Yeah the 50K Gold + $100 is gone. Since I read a lot of reports of that offer coming, I'm not too worried. I did however get the Delta Platinum with the 70K. Now I have to figure out if I want to keep my Amex Plat next year. Also it's funny how the Amex Plat earns 5x on airfare and transfers to Delta while their own card gets 2x. Such is life.
Looks like 50k miles Gold offer is back, but now with $50 credit on Delta purchase instead of $100 . Husband got approved for Platinum but hasn't received it yet.
Old Jan 14, 17, 1:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Platinum; sometimes other things too
Delta Reserve sign-up offers?

Curious if anyone is aware if any particularly lucrative Delta Reserve card sign-up offers have ever been offered in the past, particularly including a decent amount of MQMs?

I have the Delta Platinum card for the MQD waiver & MQM bonuses, and with how common affordable first class fares have gotten I am tempted by the first class companion certificate on the Reserve (plus the slightly better MQM bonus earning rate). But it would be nice to get a decent sign-up bonus at the same time.

I can't find any evidence of there ever having been any notable sign-up bonuses on the Reserve card, though bonuses on the Gold and Platinum seem to come up once a year or so. Curious if I'm missing anything? Anyone know of any private offers that have ever come up or if there's any value in calling Amex and asking if they have anything special available? Given the one-bonus-per-lifetime policy I'm wondering if there's any advantage to waiting to apply.
Old Jan 14, 17, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc View Post
bump..

when does 70k bonus post after hitting $5k spend? Does it post few days after hitting the spend requirement (but before current statement closes if it's still far away from end of billing cycle) or does it post after current statement closes?
IME, the former.
Old Jan 15, 17, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI View Post
IME, the former.
Well, I was just told the latter by an Amex chat representative.

But my actual experience, a day later, is inconclusive: I finished the spend on the day before the statement closed, that spend posted the day the statement was closing (Friday), yesterday (Saturday) the statement was not yet available (and an Amex chat representative told me the bonus miles would not appear until the next statement because the last purchase for the $5000 was "too late" to trigger the bonus on this statement), but today the statement is available, does show 70k, and my Delta miles total has increased by 71k+ (70k plus 1k+ for the miles from the spend on this statement). So that spend miles and the bonus miles appeared on the same statement and appeared on the Delta website on the same day.

However, on my statement it just says the bonus is 70k. But at the Delta website, I have 3 separate postings all on the same day (yesterday):

47k bonus miles "SkyMiles AMEX Cobrand Credit Card Bonus", 13k bonus miles "SkyMiles AMEX Cobrand Credit Card Bonus", and 10k bonus miles as well as MQM "SM Amex Cobrand Credit Card Bonus".

I have to add up 47k + 13k + 10k to get the 70k total shown on my statement. Why it posted as three separate pieces I don't know. (I can understand the 10k being separate because of the MQM included, but I don't get the 47k + 13k instead of just 60k once.)
Old Jan 15, 17, 11:56 pm

Anyone know if the 100 credit count towards 2000 spend requirement or not? so do I need spend >2100 or >2000 will be fine?

Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 17, 7:18 am

Programs: 1 thousand
RE: "A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight. "

I was given a $100 credit offer (after first Delta purchase), along with 30k miles for $1000 min spend.

Since I was buying a Delta ticket I jumped on it, and got approved, $100 statement credit appeared in about 2 days.

I'm not sure if I'll bother with the miles bonus, I don't care too much about delta - and I'm still working on meeting minimum spend for some other recent cards. It might still be useful for a few domestic 1-ways though.

Does the price I paid for the ticket (whic was sub $100) count towards the minimum spend, or does it not count because of the statement credit?
Old Jan 16, 17, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ecgz88 View Post
Anyone know if the 100 credit count towards 2000 spend requirement or not? so do I need spend >2100 or >2000 will be fine?
My spend requirement was $5000, I spent about $5005, counting a $50 Delta purchase, not subtracting the $100 Delta purchase credit, and I got the 70k bonus miles with just being about $5 over the spend requirement.

So it sounds like you should probably be fine with $2000 (if you computed that $2000 correctly all other ways). Ie, should only count what Amex labels as "purchases" in your monthly summaries, and you should subtract anything which is a "return".

Search this Thread

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: