Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 MedallionŪ Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MedallionŪ Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Free bags have nothing to do with what card is used to pay for the ticket.

Each DL Amex is linked to one person's SkyMiles account. If that person is travelling, they and everyone else on their same PNR will receive the free bag and Zone 1 benefits.

Figuring out if you're on the same PNR is simple - log in to DL.com and pull up the trip. All the passengers listed on the Trip Details screen are on the same PNR.
Great! thanks i didnt know it worked it like that - i thought if the primary cardholder wasn't the one who booked the ticket, it might not be valid. but good to know now.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Platinum DL

Downgraded my Platinum Delta Card back to Gold, as I would waste $100 on the AF. I can't spend 50K to get the bonus MQMs and didn't have use for the companion ticket.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
My boss got the 60K for $1K spend offer today - I'm jealous!
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by Madone59
My boss got the 60K for $1K spend offer today - I'm jealous!
Are these mailings? if so is there a way to invite these offers?
pardon if it is in the thread, thanks
Old Mar 16, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry
Same offer received via snail mail today. Looks like I'll bite on this one

Originally Posted by MrMcLargeHuge
Yesterday I received an offer via post for 60K SkyPesos + $50 credit after $1000 spend in 90 days. Targeted offer. Take the code on the front of the letter to www.getawaywith60k.com

As I've never had this card before, and my next app cycle begins in 11 days, now seems like a great time to get it.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:53 am

Programs: Mariott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by emusic917
Same offer received via snail mail today. Looks like I'll bite on this one
Yup, my wife and I both received the same snail mail offers. Opened up the mailbox, and saw two targeted offers from Amex in the Gold Skymiles color, and was hoping it would be this offer. Looks like the wife and I will both be biting on it.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:33 pm

Never had an AMEX Delta Personal card before, but have been flying Delta more lately and will continue to fly Delta in the next year for work. The only offer I get on the Delta website is the 60k Gold offer. But I'm interested in the Platinum card for the MQMs and companion certificate.

Current Platinum offer is 5,000 MQM and 35,000 bonus miles. I believe there have been higher offers in the past correct? I am not in a rush, so should I wait for a better offer?

Also, it is true that you can only get one personal bonus right? So I can't grab gold now and then platinum later and get both bonuses on the personal cards, correct?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:10 am

for delta gold skymiles amex, delta.com gift card purchase triggers $50 statement credit?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
Also, it is true that you can only get one personal bonus right? So I can't grab gold now and then platinum later and get both bonuses on the personal cards, correct?
This is incorrect. You can earn one bonus per product. Gold, Platinum, Reserve and the business versions are all separate products.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by iluvthsgam
Never had an AMEX Delta Personal card before, but have been flying Delta more lately and will continue to fly Delta in the next year for work. The only offer I get on the Delta website is the 60k Gold offer. But I'm interested in the Platinum card for the MQMs and companion certificate.

Current Platinum offer is 5,000 MQM and 35,000 bonus miles. I believe there have been higher offers in the past correct? I am not in a rush, so should I wait for a better offer?

Yes, there have been higher bonuses in the past. IIRC when I got mine it was 70k RDM and 10k MQM or something like that, with a higher 90-day spend requirement.

Whether Amex/DL offers something like that again...I have no idea.

Also not sure on the answer to your question about multiple bonuses as I haven't gotten into the churning world yet.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 7:37 pm

I was targeted, via snail mail, for 60k + $50 statement credit after spending $1k in 3 months. It's a one-time use code, FYI.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Got this offer via email today for Business DL Gold Card. First time I can remember that they're offering SkyBonus points in addition to RDMs.

Also looks like there's a generic link in the T&Cs:
https://www.deltaamexskybonus.com/

WITH 50,000 BONUS MILES AND 50,000 SKYBONUS POINTS, THE SKY'S THE LIMIT.
Your business is already banking big benefits with SkyBonus, and now with the Gold Delta SkyMilesŪ Business Credit Card, you can start accumulating miles for yourself, too! For the first time, you can get 50,000 bonus miles and 50,000 SkyBonus points after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months1. You'll also earn 2 miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta2 and 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases3. With rewards on top of rewards, this Card is the perfect complement to your SkyBonus account.

HERE'S HOW THE CARD BOOSTS YOUR BUSINESS TRAVEL:
• Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 50,000 SkyBonus points after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.1
• Receive a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase on your new Card within your first 3 months.4
• Discounted Delta Sky ClubŪ access for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.5
• Priority Boarding lets you board early, stow your carry-on bag, and settle in sooner.6
• Check your first bag free and save up to $50 on a round trip Delta flight.7
• Add Employee Cards to your account and earn even more miles with no additional annual fee. And remember — miles do not expire, and there are no limits to how many you can earn!
Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $958. Why wait another minute? This special offer ends 4/30/2016.9

Want to make sure your business is taking full advantage of this offer? Share this email with other decision makers as well.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:29 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
Also looks like there's a generic link in the T&Cs:
To access this exciting offer: Enter the SkyBonus ID found in the email where you received this offer. Then provide your SkyMiles number.

Is a SkyBonus ID simply a membership number, or it is some type of offer code?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by mia
To access this exciting offer: Enter the SkyBonus ID found in the email where you received this offer. Then provide your SkyMiles number.

Is a SkyBonus ID simply a membership number, or it is some type of offer code?
SkyBonus is a member number. You can signup at skybonus.delta.com.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nikehair
I was targeted, via snail mail, for 60k + $50 statement credit after spending $1k in 3 months. It's a one-time use code, FYI.
I also got this offer, have met all the spend criteria including the delta spend.

How long does it take for the points and $50 credit to post???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.