Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...ulticard-apply

50k + $50 for business gold. Expires may 31st tho. Anybody got a link for business platinum 60k + $100 offer?
I would love to know if there is one out there for Platinum version as well. I think best public offer is 35,000 mile bonus right now.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old May 31, 2016, 2:20 pm

https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...ulticard-apply

50k + $50 for business gold. Expires may 31st tho. Anybody got a link for business platinum 60k + $100 offer?
I heard through a fairly reliable source that the delta platinum biz 60k offer would be made public this week. Waiting on it myself. Will post it when I get it. I believe that the gold business is going to be released at the same time with an extension of the deadline.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:33 pm

Two questions:

1. Which credit bureau(s) does AmEx pull for a New York resident for the Delta Amex Gold card?
2. Why Delta would send me different targeted offers at different times in the year?

Late last year, Delta sent me an offer for 60K miles + $50 statement credit + waived annual fee after $1,000 spend. Early this year, Delta sent me 50K miles + $50 statement credit + waived annual fee after $1,000 spend. (Now Delta has a public offer for 50K miles + $50 statement credit + waived annual fee after $2,000 spend). Because the Delta Amex miles bonus is once in a lifetime, I am inclined to wait until the next 60K offer

Thank you in advance
Old May 31, 2016, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
I heard through a fairly reliable source that the delta platinum biz 60k offer would be made public this week. Waiting on it myself. Will post it when I get it. I believe that the gold business is going to be released at the same time with an extension of the deadline.

Here you go: https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...l-541#business

Also extended expiry on business gold card.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:32 pm

BUMP

Originally Posted by SPLP007
The $100 offer on Delta Platinum --

if buy a $100 delta gift certificate ,can it be used to pay for YQ ?

any other way to monetize the 100?
Old May 31, 2016, 10:49 pm

That's all I am to you? Fairly reliable?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dukerau
No, I have never heard of them matching a better offer. I've heard extremely rare reports of them giving some goodwill points/miles.
dukrau,
I wanted to thank you for this info. After a painful conversation, and refusing to match the offer, they gave me 3000 Skymiles "so I could have a happy Wednesday."

So now I'm happy.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by zer0k1
That's all I am to you? Fairly reliable?
I'm a skeptic by nature. Fairly is a pretty high bar for me...still waiting on your affiliate link for the biz platinum
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:27 pm

Here you go: https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...l-541#business

Also extended expiry on business gold card.
thanks
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by SPLP007
The $100 offer on Delta Platinum --

if buy a $100 delta gift certificate ,can it be used to pay for YQ ?

any other way to monetize the 100?
the way I read that, any purchase on Delta qualifies you for a $100 statement credit. My only upcoming delta flight is in F so I won't need to buy drinks but I'll find something minor to buy from Delta and expect to get the $100 statement credit. I could be wrong but don't think you have to spend $100 with Delta, just make any Delta purchase.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:53 pm

60K + 10K MQM ($2k purchases / 3 mo) + $100 Platinum

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/campaign/a01a-em/

For a limited time, earn 60,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, receive a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. And remember, your miles don’t expire! All this for an annual fee of $195. Rates & Fees Hurry, this special offer ends July 6,2016.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:17 am

the way I read that, any purchase on Delta qualifies you for a $100 statement credit. My only upcoming delta flight is in F so I won't need to buy drinks but I'll find something minor to buy from Delta and expect to get the $100 statement credit. I could be wrong but don't think you have to spend $100 with Delta, just make any Delta purchase.
your right -re read -tks

"a Card Member statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase."
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM, HH DM, National Exec Elite, SPG, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by hi-guy
60K + 10K MQM ($2k purchases / 3 mo) + $100 Platinum

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/campaign/a01a-em/

For a limited time, earn 60,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, receive a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. And remember, your miles don’t expire! All this for an annual fee of $195. Rates & Fees Hurry, this special offer ends July 6,2016.

This is the highest miles/MQM combo I've seen, but I've only been keeping an eye out for about 8 months or so. I've never had a delta credit card and I'm intrigued for both the MQM bump to help me get to the next status tier and the miles to use for an upcoming trip. But, of course, I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible before I sign up .

Is this the best offer that typically comes out every year?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by mra123
This is the highest miles/MQM combo I've seen, but I've only been keeping an eye out for about 8 months or so. I've never had a delta credit card and I'm intrigued for both the MQM bump to help me get to the next status tier and the miles to use for an upcoming trip. But, of course, I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible before I sign up .

Is this the best offer that typically comes out every year?
best I have ever seen in the 6 years +/- I've been churning. I might have missed one but oddly enough the platinum is usually lower on the initial bonus than the gold.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:49 pm

Question about free checked baggage benefit of Delta AMEX Plat

I saw some language suggesting the flight needed to be booked with the Delta credit card, and other language that was not specific.

I got the card at this point because 60k isn't bad for the Plat but largely because I thought I would be able to take advantage of the free checked bags for a trip to Disney in August with my wife and little ones. I booked the flight using a different credit card.

Am I eligible for the free checked bags? I'm guessing it's obvious/well known to someone out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.