Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2016, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by san888
I also got this offer, have met all the spend criteria including the delta spend.

How long does it take for the points and $50 credit to post???

$50 credit should be with your statement close in the period it occurred.

Miles post quite quickly once you've reached the threshold - not dependent on monthly closing. I believe mine posted within 3-5 days of hitting the min spend.

As always, YMMV.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:46 am

Delta Amex $50 statement credit

I just got approved for a 60k Delta Amex after $1k in spend (it was targeted to me or else I'd share the code). It also comes with a $50 statement credit after making a purchase from Delta within 3 months.

Any ideas on how to maximize this without actually buying a delta ticket (I don't have any paid Delta flights coming up in the next 3 months)?

Buy a Delta gift card for $50? Would this code as a Delta purchase? This is my least favorite option, because I almost never pay cash for plane tickets, so this would not be all that useful. But then again, I assume a gift card won't expire so I'm sure I'd use it sometime during the rest of my life.

Buy some cheap Delta swag? Maybe a cool Delta-branded pen for a few $'s?

I also don't have any Delta award tickets in the next 3 months, so splurging on a few drinks on the plane/paying for a Econ+ seat won't work either.

Any other ideas most definitely welcome! Thanks FT!
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I went with GC. I'm sure I'll use it within Delta's lifetime.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
I'd like to throw a "targeted" offer of 60k miles after 1k spend with $50 statement credit. I used POID- BZH7:0002. They asked for a RSVP code and I told them I lost it. Was approved for the offer after they had to ask customer service? Should be valid until Apr 30.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
I'd like to throw a "targeted" offer of 60k miles after 1k spend with $50 statement credit. I used POID- BZH7:0002. They asked for a RSVP code and I told them I lost it. Was approved for the offer after they had to ask customer service? Should be valid until Apr 30.
Do you know if this has the 1x per lifetime language
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
The 60,000 mile offer that ms mia received (several mailings) through the USPS did have the lifetime exclusion sentence.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
Yes, while on the phone applying, I remember the guy saying not available to those who have or had this product, yada yada. I never had a delta card, always heard they were sky pesos and never got it, now I think they're not so bad.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:48 pm

Does anyone know if Delta Gift Card purchases count towards the minimum spend limit on the SkyMiles gold? Seems like an obvious yes, but am not sure.

Thanks
Old May 19, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by nikehair
Does anyone know if Delta Gift Card purchases count towards the minimum spend limit on the SkyMiles gold? Seems like an obvious yes, but am not sure.

Thanks
Yes that would count.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Yes, while on the phone applying, I remember the guy saying not available to those who have or had this product, yada yada. I never had a delta card, always heard they were sky pesos and never got it, now I think they're not so bad.
It is not that Sky Pesos have increased in value, but the other rewards programs have been so de-valued that Sky Miles is competitive again.
Old May 29, 2016, 6:57 pm

New offers: 50k + $50 for Gold, 60k + $100 for Platinum, ends 7/6/2016:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...rd/dal/113/598
Old May 30, 2016, 10:37 pm

https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...ulticard-apply

50k + $50 for business gold. Expires may 31st tho. Anybody got a link for business platinum 60k + $100 offer?
Old May 31, 2016, 12:02 am

The $100 offer on Delta Platinum --

if buy a $100 delta gift certificate ,can it be used to pay for YQ ?

any other way to monetize the 100?
Old May 31, 2016, 9:30 am
Suspended

I got my Delta gold back in Feb. Does anyone know if they will give me the additional Skypesos if I call and ask? Does American Express usually do this when there is a better offer put out a few months later?
Old May 31, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I got my Delta gold back in Feb. Does anyone know if they will give me the additional Skypesos if I call and ask? Does American Express usually do this when there is a better offer put out a few months later?
No, I have never heard of them matching a better offer. I've heard extremely rare reports of them giving some goodwill points/miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.