Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mra123
This is the highest miles/MQM combo I've seen, but I've only been keeping an eye out for about 8 months or so. I've never had a delta credit card and I'm intrigued for both the MQM bump to help me get to the next status tier and the miles to use for an upcoming trip. But, of course, I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal possible before I sign up .

Is this the best offer that typically comes out every year?
There was IIRC a 75k RDM/15k MQM a few years ago for the biz version, but no statement credit. I'd take the 60k/10k in a heartbeat vs. wait and hope for an extra 5k MQM.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by skagen
I saw some language suggesting the flight needed to be booked with the Delta credit card, and other language that was not specific.

I got the card at this point because 60k isn't bad for the Plat but largely because I thought I would be able to take advantage of the free checked bags for a trip to Disney in August with my wife and little ones. I booked the flight using a different credit card.

Am I eligible for the free checked bags? I'm guessing it's obvious/well known to someone out there.
Doesn't matter how you paid for the ticket. All that matters is that the Skymiles # of someone on the PNR is linked to an eligible DL Amex (e.g., primary cardholder is travelling and using their DL FF#).
Old Jun 4, 2016, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Henla
An article at Rene's Points implies that the personal cards are one family and that I'll have to wait twelve months but that business cards may be okay. You all think I can cancel both next year, get the business Reserve and be good to go?
That is out of date info. It is 1x lifetime each card but EACH card is considered unique product. You can use AMEX online chat to check if you have ever had a card before (according to AMEX that is). Be sure to do screen shots.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Since this hasn't gotten an answer on the Delta board, I thought I'd try it here:
Has anyone gotten the $50 (or $100 for Plat) statement credit for entering the Sky Club (putting the $29 fee on the card?)

Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:24 pm

How good is the companion pass for the delta plat? Is it worth paying the annual fee to keep the card for the pass?
Old Jun 4, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dougef
Since this hasn't gotten an answer on the Delta board, I thought I'd try it here:
Has anyone gotten the $50 (or $100 for Plat) statement credit for entering the Sky Club (putting the $29 fee on the card?)

Thanks.
Can't speak directly to the signup bonus statement credit, but I have the unbranded Amex Plat and a $29 Sky Club guest fee automatically triggered the airline fee reimbursement there (meaning it was recognized as a non-ticket charge paid directly to Delta).

Originally Posted by tronsom
How good is the companion pass for the delta plat? Is it worth paying the annual fee to keep the card for the pass?
I personally believe it is absolutely worthwhile, and Mrs. Lee and I keep DL Plat/Reserve Amexes for this purpose.

However, usage seems to be YMMV. This thread is useful: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rtificate.html
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:41 pm

You can get $100 statement credit and 50,000 miles on Delta gold card, just make a dummy booking and it's on the first page after you select a flight.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by dougef

Thanks.
Can definitely confirm this works.

Last December (2015) I entered the Delta Lounge and paid for two (2) guests to enter the Lounge @ $29 each. Paid both entrance fees with separate Delta Gold Cards I signed up for (Personal and Business) and both cards were credited $50 by the next day or so.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Thefirst
Can definitely confirm this works.

Last December (2015) I entered the Delta Lounge and paid for two (2) guests to enter the Lounge @ $29 each. Paid both entrance fees with separate Delta Gold Cards I signed up for (Personal and Business) and both cards were credited $50 by the next day or so.
Great. Thank you.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Referral bonus went from 5k to 10k for my (everyone's?) personal Plat AMEX. If my wife has the Delta Gold AMEX (that we were already planning on retiring before the af hits), would she be eligible for the Plat bonus...and would I still get the referral bonus?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee
Can't speak directly to the signup bonus statement credit, but I have the unbranded Amex Plat and a $29 Sky Club guest fee automatically triggered the airline fee reimbursement there (meaning it was recognized as a non-ticket charge paid directly to Delta).

I personally believe it is absolutely worthwhile, and Mrs. Lee and I keep DL Plat/Reserve Amexes for this purpose.

However, usage seems to be YMMV. This thread is useful: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rtificate.html
Cool thx!
Old Jun 8, 2016, 10:50 am

I was wondering does anyone try this recently

So I currently have AMEX DL GOLD personal credit card and never had AMEX DL PALT before
Can I get the sign on bonus (60k miles + 10k MQM + 100 credit) if I "upgrade" my current credit card from gold to plat. ?
Or I simply have to start a new application.

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Kevin Liu
I was wondering does anyone try this recently

So I currently have AMEX DL GOLD personal credit card and never had AMEX DL PALT before
Can I get the sign on bonus (60k miles + 10k MQM + 100 credit) if I "upgrade" my current credit card from gold to plat. ?
Or I simply have to start a new application.

Thanks
New app required.
Upgrading will only get you nominal benefits and NOT the 60+10+100
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
New app required.
Upgrading will only get you nominal benefits and NOT the 60+10+100
is it possible to keep same card number or that is impossible as well ...
Old Jun 8, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by Kevin Liu
is it possible to keep same card number or that is impossible as well ...
Upgrade becomes different card #, its a different product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.