Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mia
If you have not received the base miles (one per dollar) there is a technical problem at American Express -or- Delta. Most likely linked to a different SkyMiles account, but could simply be part of a batch which did not post correctly. You will need to patiently pursue this several levels above those who answer the telephone, by politely rejecting any attempt to explain this as intentional or normal. It's not, it's a mistake.
Do you feel this is more likely Deltas deal or Amex? Cause all each one is going to do is blame the other when I call.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Unless you enjoy chatting with customer service, I'd just wait a week or two. Amex has been having technical issues and the problem is likely to resolve itself.

Technical issues aside, the bonus miles can take 2-3 months to post, as per the terms, which makes sense. Otherwise, people could play all sorts of games.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:03 pm

Update, contacted AmEx today and got a supervisor. She said Delta was rejecting my miles for some reason, even though the correct Skymiles number was on file. Assured me my miles would be in my acct within 24-48 hours.

So, mistakes were made here. If I did not push I likely would not have seen those miles for weeks. Now, let's see if AmEx finishes the deal and gets the miles deposited by Weds.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:22 pm
Suspended

All of them or just for the month's spending?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
All of them or just for the month's spending?
All of the miles earned last Statement period, which was base miles plus the 50K. Which I should have had two weeks ago.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
All of the miles earned last Statement period, which was base miles plus the 50K. Which I should have had two weeks ago.
***Update****
Checked this AM and found that my 50K new member bonus and my base miles HAVE posted to my Skymiles account! Whoopie!

Lesson: if you have a welcome bonus or base miles not posting in an ordinary manner, CALL AMEX! Don't let the front line phone people give you the 6-8 week schpeil. Chances are you will wait the 6-8 weeks, and those miles will not post anyway. Call in, and get a supervisor. They can make things happen and correct errors.

Hope this helps yall.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Are there ever bigger bonuses for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card? I only see the Gold cards offers, and having already had that one I'm not getting any more targeted offers.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:46 am

Gold Am Ex

I am considering getting the gold Delta AmEx, am I understanding that they deposit your skymiles directly into your Delta account and not hold them on you AMEx account. So I can book rewards directly through Delta?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:52 am
Suspended

Correct.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Correct.
Thank you, I just got a 60k offer if I spend $1k in 3 months and I wasn't sure how everything worked. Was worried that AmEx's 60k would only be worth 30k or something. Time to get the gold card for now.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:55 am

What's the cheapest delta purchase to qualify for the $50 statement credit if i am not flying delta soon? Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hertz Pres, National Exec, IHG Amb, SPG/Marriott Gold
Can anyone share or PM me a link or offer code for a 50k/60k offer please?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:17 am
jk2

Does anybody know if DL Reserve Amex ever had bigger sign up bonus than 10K MQM? Since sign up bonus for personal Amex is one in lifetime, I don't want to jump right away.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Diamond, WOH Globalist
I've had the gold Delta Amex card for at least several years. Got an offer from Amex a few days ago to upgrade to the Platinum Delta card. I like the companion certificate and option to get MQM's, so I'm tempted. I have club access with Plat card, so no need to ask for Reserve card offers. However, they are offering only 15,000 bonus miles to make the switch. No MQM's, no $100 credit for a Delta purchase, and miles offered are much less than the new offers mentioned above. I've never "upgraded" a card before, so I'm not sure of the credit impact. Also not sure how "negotiable" the mileage offer might be. Any advice? Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by pubsmeister
I've had the gold Delta Amex card for at least several years. Got an offer from Amex a few days ago to upgrade to the Platinum Delta card. I like the companion certificate and option to get MQM's, so I'm tempted. I have club access with Plat card, so no need to ask for Reserve card offers. However, they are offering only 15,000 bonus miles to make the switch. No MQM's, no $100 credit for a Delta purchase, and miles offered are much less than the new offers mentioned above. I've never "upgraded" a card before, so I'm not sure of the credit impact. Also not sure how "negotiable" the mileage offer might be. Any advice? Thanks.
Thats a terrible deal. Renespoints argues against upgrading: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ta-amex-cards/

Right now, the current public offer is 5,000 MQMs and 35,000 bonus miles which is far better (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...cards/skymiles)

I would advise waiting. I was able to get a 15K mqm deal last year which pushed me to platinum (I would have done it BIS, but it was great getting platinum ahead of time and getting several upgrades on my first few platinum flights)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.