Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:37 pm
Suspended

That's a great offer. Mine was only 30,000 plus $50 after spending $1,000.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:52 pm

Is the 60K a public offer or targeted? Would your link work for someone else?
Old Dec 4, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by jsk1973
Sorry for a minor threadjack, but does anyone know if the Delta e-certs are eligible for getting the $50 bonus credit on a Delta Amex? (I have a Delta Amex Gold card that includes $50 back from Delta after making a Delta purchase within the first 3 months, but I haven't had any trips on Delta.) Thanks.
Yes they're eligible. Multiple successful reports in this thread.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Took out the Gold Biz card mid Nov. Met the 2k spend for 50k bonus pts late last week. First statement closes on Dec 14.

Should I expect the bonus after statement close? After this? Before?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

When statement closes on Dec. 14, I believe.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
When statement closes on Dec. 14, I believe.
Excellent, thanks!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:04 am

Got a targeted Amex Delta Platinum card offer for 15K MQMs and 60,000 skymiles after spending $1k. Also got a $100 statement credit after spending as much on a delta gift card.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:55 pm

Does anyone have a link they could share or PM for the 60k miles plus statement credit?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Took out the Gold Biz card mid Nov. Met the 2k spend for 50k bonus pts late last week. First statement closes on Dec 14.

Should I expect the bonus after statement close? After this? Before?
How long after statement close does the bonus typically post? Statement closed yesterday, no pts today. Maybe another day or two for Amex? Needing the points to book an award flight out there at a nice redemption rate.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:20 am

Ok so I did an online chat with Amex re the sign up bonus. I met the spend requirement for the bonus miles over a week ago. My statement closed yesterday. I was told by the rep that I will not see any regular earned miles, nor the bonus, until after the close of the NEXT statement which will be mid January. Is this accurate? If so that is a big bummer I am needing the miles now with some attractive redemption options.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... I was told by the rep that I will not see any regular earned miles, nor the bonus, until after the close of the NEXT statement
This is accurate if the card earns Membership Rewards points, but not if it earns Skymiles. This thread is for Skymiles cards. Which product do you have?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mia
This is accurate if the card earns Membership Rewards points, but not if it earns Skymiles. This thread is for Skymiles cards. Which product do you have?
I have a Delta gold business Amex card.
Always great to get passed misinformation from Amex, good grief.
So, can someone offer some insight on my questions above.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:05 pm

I'm about 4200 mqm's short of keeping Silver Medallion status with Delta this year and had to cancel my xmas flight that would have put me over the min. Is it at all feasible to apply, get, spend and have the MQMs on the plat delta be applied to CY15 to keep silver?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:16 am

Ok so I did an online chat with Amex re the sign up bonus. I met the spend requirement for the bonus miles over a week ago. My statement closed yesterday. I was told by the rep that I will not see any regular earned miles, nor the bonus, until after the close of the NEXT statement which will be mid January. Is this accurate? If so that is a big bummer I am needing the miles now with some attractive redemption options.
Still looking for answer to above. I have the Skymiles Amex gold biz card. Statement closed Dec 14. I did view my statement online and it DOES show I earned the 50K bonus miles for the statement period. However miles still have not been credited to my Skymiles acct. Is there seriously a 1 month wait from statement close to credit miles? If so.....never would have signed up for this card.

Seems funny as I also have the Hilton Amex and I get pts credited the day after statement close every time......
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:21 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...I did view my statement online and it DOES show I earned the 50K bonus miles for the statement period.
Have you verified that American Express is using the correct Skymiles account number? To my knowledge there is no delay on posting points to partner reward programs (Delta, Hilton, Starwood), but there can always be a system problem at American Express or Delta which would delay a specific transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.