Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA++
Delta AMEX for 50k after $1000 spending

Hi,

I got this in email today. Any good? Thanks for any advice

Earn 50,000 bonus miles that you can use toward Award Travel1 after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first three months2†
Earn a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first three months3†
Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $954

Don't delay - this special offer ends December 22, 2013.5
Old Dec 20, 2013, 8:32 pm

50K Delta Sky Pesos worth 25K miles if compared to AA or UA in my opinion.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Approved for the 50K deal. Pleasantly surprised for the instant approval. This is my 8th approval and 9th app in the last month. I was fully prepared to need to dial recon.

Doesn't say what the CL is though. Just says will arrive by regular USPS mail in 7-10 days (which is different than the Hilton and SPG cards sent by UPS/FedEx overnight).
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:18 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Depends where yo want to go.

Originally Posted by Centurion
50K Delta Sky Pesos worth 25K miles if compared to AA or UA in my opinion.
My wife's favorite vacation spot is flying into Nice France and driving into Provence.

Delta has the only direct flight from US to Nice. The lay flat BE seats and no connections make for a relaxing start to the trip.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:26 pm

just as a heads up.

targeted offers for 50k miles + $50 delta spend credit are going out by email again.

Just got one myself. wife had signed up last year.

Hello x,

As a SkyMiles® member, you've been selected to receive this special offer of 50,000 bonus miles, a $50 statement credit and more. Earn 50,000 bonus miles that you can use toward Award Travel1 after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first three months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first three months.2,3† Plus, you can check your first bag free on every Delta flight—a savings of up to $200 per round trip for a family of four.4
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by aeneas3
just as a heads up.

targeted offers for 50k miles + $50 delta spend credit are going out by email again.

Just got one myself. wife had signed up last year.
I too was targeted for this, expires on March 2nd, 2014.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by rideride2
I too was targeted for this, expires on March 2nd, 2014.
how to get targeted?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: HH Gold-IHG Plat
has anyone opened a personal 50k mile offer, then a few months later opened up a business 50k miles offer.

any issues, I believe I've read that it works just fine since its business and one is personal, just like the SPG cards and what not.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: Ultimate Rewards, Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by cubachao
how to get targeted?
It seems if you're a Skymiles member you might be targeted. Try this link: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:23 pm

It seems if you're a Skymiles member you might be targeted. Try this link: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/
that link wont work if people are looking at getting a business card, or vice versa. if you have any delta Business or Personal, that link will report back and say you have the card.

if you do not have any sort of delta Amex card, and want to see what offer you have, you can check that link posted above.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:52 pm

Strangest thing, I was targeted and applied this morning. Got a "pending further review", I've called in to recon 3 times over the past 6 hours and nobody sees my application.

When I clicked through the link given to me, I get a "Thanks for applying" page. What's going on?!

Update: Called in the next day and my application was visible and got approved. I've never before seen an app not instantly in the system.

Last edited by hitman1420; Jan 28, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:39 pm

anyone on here ever call in and APP for specific POID??
AWZ3:0xxx

and get approved, for some reason I feel like people have, but cant remember who has been successful doing it.

otherwise, I think I might call Delta, and ask about having 2 skymiles accounts merged, if they say thats possible, I will open a skymiles account for my work email address and hope to get a 50k Offer.

Last edited by ac921ol; Feb 3, 2014 at 1:49 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:33 pm

Obviously a YMMV. I used this link and put in my Delta info and it says 35k miles rather than 50k.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by tjguitar85
Obviously a YMMV. I used this link and put in my Delta info and it says 35k miles rather than 50k.
Me too. Wondering if it's possible to get the 50K by calling. Thing is I had this card and got the bonus about 1.5 years ago. Just cancelled the card a few months ago at fee time.. so in a way if true the 35K miles is better than nothing and I get first bag free, so considering since I've heard it's not easy to get the bonus miles 2x
Old Feb 9, 2014, 10:05 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wholelottamiles
Thing is I had this card and got the bonus about 1.5 years ago. Just cancelled the card a few months ago at fee time..
Most of the offers are restricted, based on cancellation date. Since you're within a year of canceling, you'd have to sign up for a different Delta card than what you previously had (i.e. Gold vs. Platinum or personal vs. business)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.