Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2014, 9:03 pm

I'm surprised there isn't a run for previous holders to get another Delta Gold before new restrictions.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
They only offered me 30K. It doesn't seem worth it for an airline on which I haven't had a paid flight for a couple of years. I used up most of my SkyMiles in December for a C trip to Asia, but it was quite an effort to do so.
Depends where you fly and you can also transfer SPG points in

I have a flight I jus booked September , Minneapolis to Hartford that is normally 40K miles that I grabbed for 25K, non stop also

I am to be seeing more 25K domestic flights lately
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:38 pm

Does anyone know if the $50 Delta credit ( I bought a $50 DL GC) counts toward the $1000 spend ?

Do I have to spend $1,050 or just the $1000 ?

Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:44 am

I had this card and cancelled it less than two months ago.
I just applied using a Chrome incognito window at deltaamexcard.com and got the "We're Sorry" screen. I then went over to the offer link at millionmilesecrets and got approved for 30k/$50 credit after $1k/3 mo spend. Even if I don't get the bonus, I will use this card to access Pay With Miles, since I can never find a saver award ticket for dates I want. I will likely wait to start burning miles that way until I confirm the saver award inventory has not improved in 2015. (I don't expect it to.)
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Does anyone know if the $50 Delta credit ( I bought a $50 DL GC) counts toward the $1000 spend ?

Do I have to spend $1,050 or just the $1000 ?

Thanks
Amex gives the miles a few days after you completed spend, and not when statement closes. If you spend just $1,000 and the miles don't post, you'll know you'll need to spend $50 more.
Old May 10, 2014, 2:05 pm

i opened the delta PLAT. CC at the end of March, I met the 1000 requirements. My bill statement closed couple days ago, the purchase miles were posted to my DL account, however, the bonus miles havent yet, almost a month now. I chatted with representative online, she told me the miles will be posted within 4 weeks after the statement closed.....

so should I be patient? or keep bothering them?
Old May 18, 2014, 4:10 pm

Does anyone know of a cheap way to generate a delta charge that will trigger the $50 statement credit for the Delta Gold AMEX? I'm not interested in buying a $50 GC or lounge pass. Thanks.
Old May 18, 2014, 8:29 pm

I took advantage of a bonus on a DL Gold back in 2001 (my first and to date only Amex account) and product changed that card to BCE soon after its release in 2011.

I'm starting to pay attention to the rewards game and wanted to top off my SM account while waiting for some better Amex offers to be made public. I went to https://www.deltaamexcard.com and entered my info. It gave me a message of "We’re Sorry. You are currently ineligible for this welcome offer". I imagine this is because of their new anti-churn rule.

Does anyone have recent experience with getting this message and then receiving a bonus through a public offer? I know it's very YMMV, but any thoughts on whether they might grant a new bonus given it's been 13 years since the last and for those years I've otherwise been a profit-generating cardholder?
Old May 19, 2014, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by nandemo1
Does anyone have recent experience with getting this message and then receiving a bonus through a public offer? I know it's very YMMV, but any thoughts on whether they might grant a new bonus given it's been 13 years since the last and for those years I've otherwise been a profit-generating cardholder?

Nobody can answer for sure, it will cost you $1000 to find out so not a big deal, worst they can do is deny the points
Old May 21, 2014, 12:00 pm

Grabbed one last Delta amex before the cutoff date

Made the spend, informed I won't bet getting the 30K points because I had a SIMILIAR cad in the past 12 months

Been over a year since I cancelled my last delta amex

Could care less about the $1000 spend but I bought a $50 delta gift card which I won't get the credit for and will most likely never use
Old May 31, 2014, 1:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm supremely annoyed. Have 758 FICO and got the 50k + $50 offer. Applied and got "needs review". I'm really, really peeved. Haven't applied for credit in 18 months. Anyone else get this? Advice?

UPDATE: Okay, that was weird. Got an email saying I'm approved less than 1 minute after the "needs review" webpage. Oh well, I'm happy!

Question: I'm out of town this upcoming week. Mail is on hold but that's always iffy. Should I call Amex and have them ship to my work? Just wondering how long it took for you guys to get your card.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; May 31, 2014 at 1:25 pm
Old May 31, 2014, 9:26 pm

I can't remember how many days it too to get my Delta Gold AmEx. It wasn't too long. So glad I got this card again. 50K already posted after meeting minimum spend (1k). Applied and approved before May 1---I heard that was a cutoff date for previous card holders to still qualify.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 3:45 pm

2 questions:

1) I had a Delta amex business gold card (cancelled 7/16/2013), should I still be able to get the stock promotion for the personal platinum delta card if I applied now? I believe it's 5K mqm's and 35K miles. I'd rather not wait until mid-July, but I could if it would improve my chances.

2) Is there a way to get the site: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/ to show you the platinum card rather than the gold card? I expect the offer is no different than the stock one, but it would be great to check.

I'm just trying to find a better offer for the platinum delta amex than the stock delta.com one (ideally with more mqm's than the standard 5K at signup).
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by imisspretzels
2 questions:

1) I had a Delta amex business gold card (cancelled 7/16/2013), should I still be able to get the stock promotion for the personal platinum delta card if I applied now? I believe it's 5K mqm's and 35K miles. I'd rather not wait until mid-July, but I could if it would improve my chances.

2) Is there a way to get the site: https://www.deltaamexcard.com/ to show you the platinum card rather than the gold card? I expect the offer is no different than the stock one, but it would be great to check.

I'm just trying to find a better offer for the platinum delta amex than the stock delta.com one (ideally with more mqm's than the standard 5K at signup).
1. I would wait and play by the rules spelled out on the application.
2. For business cards, you can check for targeted offers this way: go to amex home page, click on Small business cards, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see a section Find if you are eligible for a special offer, or something to that effect.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
1. I would wait and play by the rules spelled out on the application.
2. For business cards, you can check for targeted offers this way: go to amex home page, click on Small business cards, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see a section Find if you are eligible for a special offer, or something to that effect.
Thanks michael_v. I'm actually interested in applying for the personal card now, not the business card. I've read on a number of sites that amex treats personal and business separately so my thought was that I should be able to apply for the personal card and get a signup bonus since I haven't ever had one of those.

Historically, I wouldn't have worried, but I know amex has changed signup rules hence my question. Has anyone been able to apply for both business and personal cards since May 1 and had success getting both bonuses?

Also, does anyone think a better platinum offer will come through in the near future? All I see right now is the 35K miles with 5K mqms, but I know there have been better ones in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.