Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:12 am

Programs: Caesars-Diamond Hilton-Diamond IHG-Plat MGM-Gold Wyndham-Diamond Hertz-PresCircle National-Exec
Originally Posted by World-Wide
Have there not been a 70K Delta offer before? Also why is it hard to use Delta miles again? I seen others say it but is it blackouts? To many points needed to redeem?
From my experience:

Both availability and miles needed are cons with Delta award bookings.

Also no one-way tickets are a major con; well, actually, you can get a one-way award flight but it costs the same as a round trip!

Seldom can you get a 25K economy award ticket; it's usually 35K-40K.

First class can be from 50K (very seldom) to 80K (and up). If I am flexible, I can usually find first class for 60K-62.5K.

But, no "close-in" booking fees are a major plus for Delta. If you do a lot of last minute booking it's a really nice feature.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1
From my experience:

Both availability and miles needed are cons with Delta award bookings.

Also no one-way tickets are a major con; well, actually, you can get a one-way award flight but it costs the same as a round trip!

Seldom can you get a 25K economy award ticket; it's usually 35K-40K.

First class can be from 50K (very seldom) to 80K (and up). If I am flexible, I can usually find first class for 60K-62.5K.

But, no "close-in" booking fees are a major plus for Delta. If you do a lot of last minute booking it's a really nice feature.
Cool thank you for the info. No booking fees are for sure good. But I see what you are saying about the rest.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:34 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
The place to discuss SkyMiles redemptions is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...post-here.html

(That's a thread where you will find (literally) hundreds of positive experiences using this currency. But, actually, it's fine if "no one" believe in the value of SkyMiles. Less risk of devaluation from dilution.)
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:09 am

I think the free checked bags is a good enough add-on value as well. mdtr, thanks for that link will certainly check it out
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
The place to discuss SkyMiles redemptions is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...post-here.html

(That's a thread where you will find (literally) hundreds of positive experiences using this currency. But, actually, it's fine if "no one" believe in the value of SkyMiles. Less risk of devaluation from dilution.)
Totally agree! I use Delta miles mostly for domestic travel. If you can be flexible by a few days, you can find award seats at 25K, including many nonstop flights such as SFO to JFK! Delta is the only airline you can have a stopover for a domestic award ticket at no additional miles.

But I also find SFO - JFK - BCN for 60k in coach! but whether I want to tolerate that long flight is a separate issue.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:36 pm

What can I spend on cheaply to get the $50 credit for Delta purchases?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:14 pm

already posted on another thread..but just recd. in mail targeted PlatinumSkymiles CCwith 70,000 miles

15,000 on first purchase of which 5000are MQM's

45,000 after $1000 spend in first 3 months

10,000 of which 10'000 count as MQM's after $25,000 calendar year spend

$100 statement credit after qualifying Delta spend in first 3 months

Domestic Econy Companion Cert each year

First bag free,Priority boarding,Double miles on Delta purchases,20% off drinks/food etc on Delta flights

Any one else hear of this? How does it compare to previous offers?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by dogdirt
already posted on another thread..but just recd. in mail targeted PlatinumSkymiles CCwith 70,000 miles

First bag free,Priority boarding,Double miles on Delta purchases,20% off drinks/food etc on Delta flights

This is as good as it gets. I would go for it but How much is card fee and is it waived?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:58 pm

[Targeted]Delta Skymiles Amex Gold- $50 credit

I got a targeted offer on delta skymiles credit card for 50k delta skymiles + $50 credit on a delta purchase.

I am just curious if I can just buy a $50 gift card from delta.com and get the credit for it. Any advices?
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Spam; SPG Gold; other randoms
People have reported success getting reimbursed with the Platinum Card for $50 purchases (but not for $100). Not sure about the Gold.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by uhclem
People have reported success getting reimbursed with the Platinum Card for $50 purchases (but not for $100). Not sure about the Gold.
You mean purchasing Gift card right?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:19 pm

I cancelled my DL gold card this April, but consider to reapply again. can I still get the bonus miles? shall I wait? it always said for the new card member only. any idea?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by cubachao
I cancelled my DL gold card this April, but consider to reapply again. can I still get the bonus miles? shall I wait? it always said for the new card member only. any idea?
the applications say 12 months.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by dogdirt

Similar offer here in mail. No reference to 70k miles, but I think if you add in spend level bonuses of $25k and $50k getting 10k RDM/MQM each time, it's pretty close.

15k (5k MQM) after first purchase

30k (10k MQM) with $1000 spend in first 3m

$100 statement credit after first Delta purchase

Companion ticket, yada, yada, yada.

Question: Does anyone know if the "Delta purchase" can be as simple as a $2 in-flight headset to qualify for the statement credit?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I get the 50K +$50 by going through the deltaamexcard.com site and entering my delta number and last name. I last cancelled this card in April of 2012.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.