Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED. New thread here.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight.

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/s...c-golddelta-lm
"Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 35,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...t-card/dal-624
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch
received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).

vah4883
received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card

So there's no thread covering this card as a whole, which means no links in the dedicated CC offers thread, so I thought I would make one so UA Fan has something to link.

Delta cards are hard because the generic public offer at Amex is pretty bad (10k miles), but there are several ways to get a better offer:
  • Delta Amex Card. Input your SkyPesos number and last name. Do this in incognito mode to get the best results. I won't get any offer if I don't do it incognito. I get 35k for $750 in 3m.
  • Delta.com Stock Offers.
Print Wikipost

Offers for Delta Amex Cards [2013-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by kdjk5467
Has anyone who had the 60k offer via email or on delta.com but was then denied on the app page, been able to successfully call or gotten the offer somehow?
I finally got the wife to call AmEx and they said she could have the 60K + $50 offer as presented on delta.com. I forgot how long it takes to apply over the phone since they have to read all the legal stuff to you.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
Any Luck Getting bonus if had a card before?

Has anyone that had Delta card before been able to get the bonus points again now. I see they say no but was wondering if anyone has had success applying recently
Old Aug 12, 2015, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I'm having zero luck on the 60K business card. I followed the steps in the Wiki i FF, IE And Chrome with no dice.

Is the 60K offer still working for some ?

I cancelled the DL Bus card about 15 months ago if that matters.

Thanks
The 60k non-targeted offer died a couple of days after it was posted. Read the last pages of this thread, it is not that long.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 3:39 pm

I apologize in advance for not wading through the entire thread (checked a few pages and didn't see my question addressed in them). How long has it taken for the $50 statement credit to post after an e-certificate purchase?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by rrohio
Has anyone that had Delta card before been able to get the bonus points again now. I see they say no but was wondering if anyone has had success applying recently
Yes. Had Delta Gold Personal around 8-10 years ago. Before I applied for the card in July of this year I confirmed via Instant Chat that Amex does not see me ever having that card, applied via recent 60 K link, after receiving the card confirmed the bonus and eligibility again via IC and 2 days after meeting the spend the bonus miles posted.

Last edited by mia; Aug 15, 2015 at 8:50 am Reason: Remove off-topic portion cross-posted in another thread.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta Flyer
Originally Posted by rrohio
I had the Delta Gold 4 years ago--then 3 years ago, I upgraded to the Delta Reserve (got points for both). I went overseas for a while, so i cancelled my card--i'm back and got the platinum card because of the great bonus. Planning on upgrading again next year to the reserve--we'll see how it goes!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:42 pm

Downgrading Delta Gold

I've scoured through this site and haven't seen anyone mention this. My 1 yr on Delta gold Amex is coming up and I don't want to renew and pay the AF. Even though I just got the card Sept 2014, it back dates to my credit report as 2009, the year I had my first AMEX, obviously great for Average Length of Account. AMEX no longer back dates to credit agencies so I'm looking to see if I can downgrade to a no AF card and keep my 2009 date. I talked to Amex today and they said there's nothing they can offer until the 12 month mark. Does anyone have experience with this?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:50 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by New to FF
...if I can downgrade to a no AF card and keep my 2009 date. ?
You may find this thread helpful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...nversions.html
Old Aug 22, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mia

Awesome, thank you!
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, AS, SW, BA, AAA, AmEX Gold. SPG,Marriott, HHonors
Originally Posted by New to FF
I've scoured through this site and haven't seen anyone mention this. My 1 yr on Delta gold Amex is coming up and I don't want to renew and pay the AF. Even though I just got the card Sept 2014, it back dates to my credit report as 2009, the year I had my first AMEX, obviously great for Average Length of Account. AMEX no longer back dates to credit agencies so I'm looking to see if I can downgrade to a no AF card and keep my 2009 date. I talked to Amex today and they said there's nothing they can offer until the 12 month mark. Does anyone have experience with this?
Just apply for Am Ex Every Day Spending card. No AF and it gave me the same history date of My Gold Premier card which I cancelled a month after getting the Every Day card
Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by dapet
Just apply for Am Ex Every Day Spending card. No AF and it gave me the same history date of My Gold Premier card which I cancelled a month after getting the Every Day card
Amex no longer back dates cards so if I just applied for the Every Day card, it would come with today's date. I need to do a Product Change so they give the same issue date, and hopefully save a hard pull. I was curious what the options are and the link above was helpful. Looks like Delta can convert to SPG or Hilton.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Looks like the increased sign-up bonus for the Delta Platinum card is back, albeit for targeted SkyMiles members:

https://www.deltaamexcard.com/offer/...m/offer91560em

60K RDMs + 15K MQMs.

Offer can be found on the main page of Delta.com. Not sure if the link provided will last or not, so YMMV.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by WWads
Looks like the increased sign-up bonus for the Delta Platinum card is back, albeit for targeted SkyMiles members:

60K RDMs + 15K MQMs.

Offer can be found on the main page of Delta.com. Not sure if the link provided will last or not, so YMMV.
link just cycles back through to log on screen after trying to log in for me, but I already have Person DL Plat and just cancelled Biz Plat, so maybe just me?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:10 am

A new offer for gold card 50k + $50 statement credit is all over the blogs. Open this link in a private/incognito browser: https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by WWads

60K RDMs + 15K MQMs.

Yeah I couldn't get this to work for me either. I haven't had any delta card for over a year, but really need the MQMs for status. Hopefully this opens up to more of us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.