Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:55 pm

If I'm flying from SEA to SJU on Business, do I get access to Admirals Lounge?

AA site says flights to the Caribbean qualify, but I can't find if SJU is considered Caribbean or USA.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by mjstallion
If I'm flying from SEA to SJU on Business, do I get access to Admirals Lounge?

AA site says flights to the Caribbean qualify, but I can't find if SJU is considered Caribbean or USA.
If you use this award map tool from AA and play around with it you can find that SJU is listed under Mexico & Caribbean. Since SJU is definitely not a part of Mexico, I would say it's pretty safe to assume it's under the Caribbean category.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Does AA still do free connection on destination or origin with partner awards (JAL)?

Example:

I wanna go first class to Japan and there is space (JAL METAL) on DFW-NRT for 80k miles but on the web I cant seem to be able to add MIA-DFW. Over the phone is it bookable like before MIA-DFW-NRT for the same 80k ?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Does AA still do free connection on destination or origin with partner awards (JAL)?

Example:

I wanna go first class to Japan and there is space (JAL METAL) on DFW-NRT for 80k miles but on the web I cant seem to be able to add MIA-DFW. Over the phone is it bookable like before MIA-DFW-NRT for the same 80k ?
Maybe. Are you seeing MileSAAver award space available for MIA-DFW segment in either class of service? If so, an agent might be able to add it to the DFW-NRT segment, which you should put on a complimentary hold immediately before that award seat disappears.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, *A Slv
Where can I find mileage earnings for an AA operated and marketed flight booked as part of JL multi-leg itinerary? (AA flight shows up in my AAdvantage account but can't find an option or place to see the mileage earnings).
Old Jan 26, 2023, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JWM2023
Definite newbie question:

We are flying BNA to St Thomas (STT) through MIA round trip (First between BNA and MIA; Business between STT and MIA in both directions). I'm pretty sure the STT leg will allow Admirals Club access in MIA in both directions; my question is does this itinerary allow Admirals club access in Nashville before the outbound flight (the first leg is first class, but not international)?
Thanks,
Yep no problem to access the AC in BNA as well.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by wrp96
I wouldn't have gotten off the phone until the correct itinerary was showing up online, so I would go ahead and call.
I called again and there was no record of the changes that had been made. This time I waited on the phone until it was all sorted out, which took quite a while as the person I was talking to would choose flights, save them, and the system would throw up issues or make changes.

I must say that I find the AA agents all very friendly and helpful, and they seem to be let down by the systems.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 9:31 am

I have a question regarding Concierge Key. Is that usually given at one defined time of the year or can you get it based on your spendings at any time of the year. Currently I am running with ~ 550k Loyalty Points and just wondering if an LP run until Feb. would give me any chance to have CK...
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:43 pm

Status Change after ticket purchase

Long time lurker, this is a great resource for me the past few months.

I will traveling more due to work so I will be chasing status.

I will be opening an Aadvantage Executive World Elite card in about a month. I plan to be PlatinumPro by the end of the year from flights, vacations and large purchases.

My question is that I will start at Gold because of the World Elite card. If I purchase my ticket while Gold and my status changes to platinum before my flight will I get all the benefits of Platinum for my flight and when I go from Platinum to Platinum Pro, etc.
Thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Grubman1234
Long time lurker, this is a great resource for me the past few months.

I will traveling more due to work so I will be chasing status.

I will be opening an Aadvantage Executive World Elite card in about a month. I plan to be PlatinumPro by the end of the year from flights, vacations and large purchases.

My question is that I will start at Gold because of the World Elite card. If I purchase my ticket while Gold and my status changes to platinum before my flight will I get all the benefits of Platinum for my flight and when I go from Platinum to Platinum Pro, etc.
Thanks!
It might be necessary to ask AA to remove your AAdvantage number from the reservation record, and then add it back in, in order to "refresh" your elite status.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
It might be necessary to ask AA to remove your AAdvantage number from the reservation record, and then add it back in, in order to "refresh" your elite status.
​​​​​​That sounds easy enough, thanks!

First time having status and flying business this year so I want to take advantage of all the benefits
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:24 am

Hi, where/how do we get a memebership card if you have Onworld Sapphire status? We will be flying other OW airlines.
Or just show them on AA app? Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2023, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
Hi, where/how do we get a memebership card if you have Onworld Sapphire status? We will be flying other OW airlines.
You should be able to print out a "card" from aa.com, or the AA app. Or at least a screenshot of the page showing the card with your associated information.
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
From within the AA app you can also add to your Apple Wallet (if you have an iPhone)
....still not a printed card, but would show your AA status
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC (Silver), Hilton HHonors (Gold)
Baggage allowance on PSA / as American Eagle as a Oneworld Sapphire?

Hi, as above. Looking for an answer as to how much baggage I would be entitled to on a US domestic flight marked as "PSA as American Eagle" with an AA flight number - travelling as a Oneworld Sapphire / BA Silver.

I cant seem to find a clear answer so would appreciate any advice.

Many thanks,

NV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.