Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
My gold status expires 2/29, so If I book a ticket today for travel in March in O class and apply my upgrades today, wil the upgrades stand in March when I have no status?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Thank you very much for this bit of information. I have the same problem - crossed the 31st. Will call AA today.
It's not just the 30th and 31st, because a friend and I both crossed a threshold on Feb 2 (the miles posted the next day) and neither of us
has received the upgrades yet. I called AAdvantage Customer Service a week ago today and the agent sent our AAdvantage numbers to the "team" working on this (she said they were running nightly processes manually to correct the issue in batches), but as of today the upgrades still have not posted.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by dogcanyon
It's not just the 30th and 31st, because a friend and I both crossed a threshold on Feb 2 (the miles posted the next day) and neither of us
has received the upgrades yet. I called AAdvantage Customer Service a week ago today and the agent sent our AAdvantage numbers to the "team" working on this (she said they were running nightly processes manually to correct the issue in batches), but as of today the upgrades still have not posted.
I crossed the 10k mark 2 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for stickers... How long do they usually take to post? Should I call in too?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:04 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I sent in an email and got a call back saying they were aware of the problem and working on a fix.
They told me I should get my upgrades in 2-3 days. We'll see.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:36 pm

I'm the same boat as you guys, flew 2 flights first week of Feb for ~18k miles. Stil waiting on stickers.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by yuel
My gold status expires 2/29, so If I book a ticket today for travel in March in O class and apply my upgrades today, wil the upgrades stand in March when I have no status?
My understanding was that you could still use any stickers that you accumulated even after your elite status expired. In other words, they're yours to keep and use for as long as your AAdvantage account is open. Am I interpreting this wrong?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:16 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eclare
My understanding was that you could still use any stickers that you accumulated even after your elite status expired. In other words, they're yours to keep and use for as long as your AAdvantage account is open. Am I interpreting this wrong?
The problem is that general members can only use them on full fare Y for sure, don't know about B.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:37 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by United747
The problem is that general members can only use them on full fare Y for sure, don't know about B.
I think this went the way of the Dodo... No more sticker upgrades unless your elite.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by yuel
The date you request the upgrade is only used to resolve a tie. The 500-mile upgrades process in specified time windows (up to 24 hours before flight for Gold). So unless your flight is March 1st, you will probably lose out. As a "no status" you must book a full-fare economy ticket (see Wiki) and not O.

Should your ticket maintain your Gold status, you might luck out, but if anything should happen to cause the ticket to be re-evaluated and your status changes, ooops.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Microwave
I think this went the way of the Dodo... No more sticker upgrades unless your elite.
Actually, according to AA.com:
Non elite status members may only upgrade when they are traveling as the companion to an elite status member.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by eclare
As others have pointed out you cannot use the stickers but they do remain in your account and can be used if you regain status.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:12 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I am a Platinum and just booked a ticket with my wife on one PNR to fly RDU-CLT-STL. The flight number is 765 and it is listed as a through flight. When I look at the upgrade request area on the website it shows not offered and not available on this flight. Is this a glitch in the system or am I missing something. Plane is a 319.

Last edited by abk; Feb 19, 2016 at 9:22 am
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Erm, my point was that full fare non-status passenger sticker upgrades are gone.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by RogerD408
That sucks, anyone know when the change was made?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Microwave
Erm, my point was that full fare non-status passenger sticker upgrades are gone.
Yes, it's not clear what fare the companion must use. I'm hoping there are no restrictions there, but it's a new AA these days.

Note: I've updated the Wiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.