Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
Is that published somewhere, JonNYC? I asked the Twitter team via DM a few times and they insisted fare isn't considered.
See here (under step 2): http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/el...desContent.jsp
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Is that published somewhere, JonNYC? I asked the Twitter team via DM a few times and they insisted fare isn't considered.
There not as informed as I am.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Did you specifically ask them if Y & B had priority over all other coach fares within elite groups?

Technically, you could argue that fare "class" as a whole isn't prioritized/considered, even though that's not 100% true. So when you ask "does fare class matter?", the default answer might be "no".

I would imagine they get a lot of people from other carriers thinking that upgrades should be prioritized by fare class (and thus are confused by AA's system), and 99% of the time on AA the determination is made by status and request time.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Got it : "Fares booked in Y and B are confirmed within each status level first, followed by all other fares."

Don't think I've even very bought full fare Y but good to know!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:11 am

Help!

Have a question:

I'm AA Platinum. I recently booked myself a flight from JFK>CLT>IAH and have Requested 500-mile sticker upgrades.

Now, one family member has decided to join me on this same flight. Once their flight is ticketed, can I request for our reservations to be linked or for him to be added as my 1+ for the upgrade list?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Help!

Have a question:

I'm AA Platinum. I recently booked myself a flight from JFK>CLT>IAH and have Requested 500-mile sticker upgrades.

Now, one family member has decided to join me on this same flight. Once their flight is ticketed, can I request for our reservations to be linked or for him to be added as my 1+ for the upgrade list?
Yes, but you can"t do it online. Call the PLT reservations number. Or once at the airport, a GA can do it for you.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by swag
Yes, but you can"t do it online. Call the PLT reservations number. Or once at the airport, a GA can do it for you.
Awesome!! Thank you swag

Is this a common / simple request or should I expect to call more than once until finding the right agent?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Awesome!! Thank you swag

Is this a common / simple request or should I expect to call more than once until finding the right agent?
If you get an agent that can't do it, (s)he truly is incompetent. It's a fairly simple request, expect it to be easily done by the agent, no worries.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
NOTE: Discussion of incremental 500 mile upgrade "stickers" has been in

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...2015-16-a.html.

Posts discussing that issue have been moved to that thread; please continue discussion there.

Thank you,

/Moderator
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:54 am

Upgrade clearing on through flight?

I'm on MCO-DFW-LAX later this week. Same flight number but it changes from a 737 to a 767 at DFW.

How are upgrades cleared? Will it only clear if BOTH segments have space or will it clear segment by segment?

Thanks! LW
Old Mar 12, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Since the flight # is the same, unless something has changed, you'll need both segments available and you being next on the list to clear.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: US Airways
Upgrade process.. can someone explain?

I realize this is probably a dumb question but AA's upgrade process still sort of confuses me coming over from a relatively simple US program.

I travel a lot with my wife and I am a plat and she is a gold.

I put in for upgrade last week and my name was called but I noticed my wifes name was still 5 people down on the screen.

I was under the impression that one companion would upgrade with me but they said this is not the case, however on the site it still seems to suggest that.. so i let the upgrade go.

Question is.. is it only that she would upgrade with me if she beat out others upgrading or she and I were the only ones? Seems silly to say that a companion upgrades with you then.. if that is the case.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I travel with my husband who is gold all the time. You need to have the check in agent apply your ff# to your wife's to indicate she is your companion and not just another elite vying on her own. IME the stickers can get tricky, but the upgrades follow my priority.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Was this for domestic or international?
Old Mar 15, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: US Airways
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Was this for domestic or international?
Domestic...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.