Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
American Airlines ConciergeKeySM / "CK" Program (by invitation only)
(Includes Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership)


NOTE: For questions such as "How can I get Concierge Key?" or "This is my spend: will I get CK?" Please refer to the How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK?thread

Also see AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018).


13 Apr 2020: AAdvantage extends CK status is extended automatically until Jan 31, 2022.

"The ConciergeKey Program is an exclusive program that American Airlines has for our very top customers. This is by invitation only and a very exclusive club." (Billy Sanez for AA)

ConciergeKey Services are provided to a select group of VIPs to facilitate travel on AA. The program is offered on an invitation basis only and is targeted at customers who control travel policy for large organizations. Customers who generate a high amount of revenue for AA may also be invited into this program (possibly those who spend upwards of US$60k a year on travel with AA).

Services provided include airport escorts and pre-boarding (seems variable, more likely during OSO?); assistance with flight changes, seat changes, and upgrade requests via their own dedicated telephone line. In addition, there is the ability to communicate directly with ConciergeKey associates via a dedicated email address. ConciergeKeySM representatives will also monitor day of travel of ConciergeKey members and will proactively reroute or rebook travel when necessary. ConciergeKey status allows check-in at First Class counters, as well as access to elite lines through security at certain airports. Miles and copay upgrades with copay waived.

ConciergeKey is now a distinct elite tier, above Executive Platinum. ConciergeKey benefits include membership to the Admirals Club, international miles upgrades with copayment waived, as well as two additional System-Wide Upgrades (SWU's) as part of CK membership.

CK members have access to Flagship Check-in on any flight, and CK will have Flagship Lounge access when flying a OneWorld airline.

As of 1 Jan 2017, Concierge Key members have upgrade requests prioritized over all other tiers: CK members have an upgrade window of (up to) 120 hours (Executive Platinum member's will retain the 100 hour upgrade window). CK members will board ahead of other passengers.

Regarding Concierge Key tier benefits coming in 2017, please see: New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Please: do respect members' privacy by refraining from asking for overly personal information and details relating to ConciergeKey membership or nomination. If your question receives no response, consider the member chooses not to reply, as is his/her right.

Boarding Area's AAdvantageGeek's blog shows the card and documents here.

Previous threads:
ConciergeKey AA Premium Service (ARCHIVED)
ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Updated 18 Aug 2019 by ikwia to reflect CK being a distinct elite tier and to clarify the FL access requirement
Updated 25 Jul 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Mar 17, 2024, 4:35 pm
  #3076  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW Area
Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 413
I had the opposite experience yesterday, so itís highly variable. My ORD to DFW flight was delayed and I got calls from both the local CK rep in ORD where I was connecting and a CK rep from the 1-800 number telling me and offering me backups if it was delayed much longer. It ended up not being delayed too long so I took the original flight.

The local ORD CK rep personally went to check on the flight and there was not even a plane there yet at boarding time at the gate (thanks AA). So she calls me, tells me that and says dont even bother coming from the lounge until she calls me and tells me both that plane has finally arrived and they are finished cleaning it. She waits down there and calls me when itís time for preboard and walks my family through the masses mobbing the gate.

A+ premium service from Debbie at ORD.
robertablake, snydert and GoBirds like this.
davecraze is offline  
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:23 pm
  #3077  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by davecraze
I had the opposite experience yesterday, so itís highly variable. My ORD to DFW flight was delayed and I got calls from both the local CK rep in ORD where I was connecting and a CK rep from the 1-800 number telling me and offering me backups if it was delayed much longer. It ended up not being delayed too long so I took the original flight.

The local ORD CK rep personally went to check on the flight and there was not even a plane there yet at boarding time at the gate (thanks AA). So she calls me, tells me that and says dont even bother coming from the lounge until she calls me and tells me both that plane has finally arrived and they are finished cleaning it. She waits down there and calls me when itís time for preboard and walks my family through the masses mobbing the gate.

A+ premium service from Debbie at ORD.
I completely agree that it's highly variable. I've had great experiences as well. I suppose my frustration is with the inconsistency, and with the fact that the sub optimal instances seem to be more frequent than they were previously. As I said, particularly when I need to call for assistance because I've not been contacted yet, I never know who's going to answer or how capable they'll be. When they do reach out to me proactively, it's almost always helpful. But that proactive assistance is becoming more rare.

In fact, I used to fairly regularly get texts or calls on the way to the airport, even when my flight was on time and there were no issues, with premium services saying something along the lines of "Hi, this is premium services. You're flight is on time, but we wanted you to know that we're monitoring it and will reach out to you immediately if and when an issue arises". Sadly I cannot recall the last time I received one of those texts or calls.
davecraze and snydert like this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 3:18 am
  #3078  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Posts: 1,020
Originally Posted by GoBirds
I had an less than ideal CK experience during an IRROPS recently, Weather and other issues at my departing airport caused many flight cancellations and delays.
I have you beat. but not because of the premium services people.

I recently went out tampa to san antonio via dfw and back home on the same day via dfw. There was a forecast for weather in DFW the night of my return and I was worried the last flight of the night wouldn't make it out. Turns out that was the least of my worries.

the premium service agents were great. I got done doing what I needed to in austin early, so they had me backed up on both an earlier DFW flight as well as connecting in charlotte to avoid the DFW weather all together. When it came closer to decision time, both the earlier DFW flight and the CLT flight were delayed getting out, while as my original flight was on time, so I decided to stick with my original. It pushed back from the gate 5 minutes late but had about a 1 hour ATC hold on the tarmac. My connection didnt have a lot of time in DFW so I'm officially getting nervous. when we land I get the push notification that boarding has started. Luckily I'm getting in at gate 11 and my connection is leaving in gate 28 of the same terminal. I figure I'll run for it. Turns out there is a cart waiting for me and the lady driving it is literally yelling "cart cart cart". i dont think her foot moved from jammed on the gas pedal once. I felt a bump and i swear it might have been a little old lady who wasnt fast enough. OK I'm exaggerating a bit, but not much. she is literally weaving in and out of pedestrian traffic. I get to the gate 11 minutes before scheduled departure. No one is left waiting to board and when i can my boarding pass it throws up an error. I instantly knew they gave my seat away. fine. I'll be happy to get home. They offer me a seat in the back. However I'm stood where i can see the screen that shows the current pax onboard. there are 6 people in first who have not shown up yet. and the door is supposed to close in 15 seconds. I politely say "I booked in first, why cant i have first?" I'm told it's full. I point out that 1/3 of the pax in F arent here yet (weather did cause delays getting into DFW that night). I say I AM going to make the flight, bump them, give me their seat and if they show up in the next 3 seconds they can sit in the back. Finally the gal says she can give me main cabin extra isle as if we are negotiating. So i take my boarding pass and head to the plane. turns out there is someone in my seat. So i go to the front and talk to a FA. She goes to find out who should have that seat. turns out the woman in the MCE seat was just bumped into first, and the seat was open for me now. I'm standing there in the front and ask whats going on, i tell her I booked in F, why is someone getting bumped to F so I can have a main cabin seat. She says "and you are CK". So she tells me to hang tight and sends a text to the GA. over the next few minutes (the departure time is now officially pushed back 30 min). one of my fellow pax from the austin flight shows up all sweaty (he wasnt ck ) and out of breath, complaining that he was in first but got bumped to the back, and that the gate agent was acting like missing D0 was his fault. a few minutes later another CK is put on the flight, in first (when i got on I was the only one that was flying that night, so this was a new seat assignment). And 2 people are upgraded to first. The seats in the pointy end start to fill up. Ive been chit chatting with the FA up front this whole time and she has sent two texts to the GA that went unanswered. So finally she goes to the captain and says that there is a problem with a CK pax. She relays the story and the captain is like 'hold me beer', he takes my BP, and a few minutes later comes back with another one in F. Mind you this whole time premium services is texting me saying they are sorry they cant override what the GA did, and they cant seem to figure out why I got bumped.

So long story short, the system ended up working for me, but it seems to have a potentially fatal flaw, GAs with a chip on their shoulder...

And on the way out from DFW that morning the GA calls CK, I come up to the podium, go to scan my ticket, she covers the scanner with her hand and says i cant board yet. Then she calls group 1 and lets me board. Doesnt even ask if I'm CK just assumes I'm not.
snydert likes this.
stant is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:45 am
  #3079  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Posts: 1,020
i was just looking at something on my american app, and went to look at the image of my aadvantage card.
it currently shows CK and valid through 4/30/24
one thing i havent noticed before, it shows 'updated' 3/12/24
ill be hiding in a corner crying if that means I wont be renewed. Anyone else seeing the same?
or was that update from when they added an extra month to everyone's membership?
stant is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:43 am
  #3080  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FSD
Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Posts: 460
One thing is for sure, CK ain't what it used to be....
snydert likes this.
jhalapin is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:51 am
  #3081  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 398
Originally Posted by stant
I have you beat. but not because of the premium services people.

I recently went out tampa to san antonio via dfw and back home on the same day via dfw. There was a forecast for weather in DFW the night of my return and I was worried the last flight of the night wouldn't make it out. Turns out that was the least of my worries.

the premium service agents were great. I got done doing what I needed to in austin early, so they had me backed up on both an earlier DFW flight as well as connecting in charlotte to avoid the DFW weather all together. When it came closer to decision time, both the earlier DFW flight and the CLT flight were delayed getting out, while as my original flight was on time, so I decided to stick with my original. It pushed back from the gate 5 minutes late but had about a 1 hour ATC hold on the tarmac. My connection didnt have a lot of time in DFW so I'm officially getting nervous. when we land I get the push notification that boarding has started. Luckily I'm getting in at gate 11 and my connection is leaving in gate 28 of the same terminal. I figure I'll run for it. Turns out there is a cart waiting for me and the lady driving it is literally yelling "cart cart cart". i dont think her foot moved from jammed on the gas pedal once. I felt a bump and i swear it might have been a little old lady who wasnt fast enough. OK I'm exaggerating a bit, but not much. she is literally weaving in and out of pedestrian traffic. I get to the gate 11 minutes before scheduled departure. No one is left waiting to board and when i can my boarding pass it throws up an error. I instantly knew they gave my seat away. fine. I'll be happy to get home. They offer me a seat in the back. However I'm stood where i can see the screen that shows the current pax onboard. there are 6 people in first who have not shown up yet. and the door is supposed to close in 15 seconds. I politely say "I booked in first, why cant i have first?" I'm told it's full. I point out that 1/3 of the pax in F arent here yet (weather did cause delays getting into DFW that night). I say I AM going to make the flight, bump them, give me their seat and if they show up in the next 3 seconds they can sit in the back. Finally the gal says she can give me main cabin extra isle as if we are negotiating. So i take my boarding pass and head to the plane. turns out there is someone in my seat. So i go to the front and talk to a FA. She goes to find out who should have that seat. turns out the woman in the MCE seat was just bumped into first, and the seat was open for me now. I'm standing there in the front and ask whats going on, i tell her I booked in F, why is someone getting bumped to F so I can have a main cabin seat. She says "and you are CK". So she tells me to hang tight and sends a text to the GA. over the next few minutes (the departure time is now officially pushed back 30 min). one of my fellow pax from the austin flight shows up all sweaty (he wasnt ck ) and out of breath, complaining that he was in first but got bumped to the back, and that the gate agent was acting like missing D0 was his fault. a few minutes later another CK is put on the flight, in first (when i got on I was the only one that was flying that night, so this was a new seat assignment). And 2 people are upgraded to first. The seats in the pointy end start to fill up. Ive been chit chatting with the FA up front this whole time and she has sent two texts to the GA that went unanswered. So finally she goes to the captain and says that there is a problem with a CK pax. She relays the story and the captain is like 'hold me beer', he takes my BP, and a few minutes later comes back with another one in F. Mind you this whole time premium services is texting me saying they are sorry they cant override what the GA did, and they cant seem to figure out why I got bumped.

So long story short, the system ended up working for me, but it seems to have a potentially fatal flaw, GAs with a chip on their shoulder...

And on the way out from DFW that morning the GA calls CK, I come up to the podium, go to scan my ticket, she covers the scanner with her hand and says i cant board yet. Then she calls group 1 and lets me board. Doesnt even ask if I'm CK just assumes I'm not.
Yikes. That sounds like an incredibly frustrating situation. I'm glad it got resolved. Wild the pilot had to get involved.
snydert is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:57 am
  #3082  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Posts: 1,020
Originally Posted by snydert
Yikes. That sounds like an incredibly frustrating situation. I'm glad it got resolved. Wild the pilot had to get involved.
I tried to negotiate for a simple solution that could be sorted just between me and him - that I take the jump seat. No dice. but even if the odds were a million to one against me I figured I might as well shoot my shot.
snydert likes this.
stant is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:49 am
  #3083  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 11,970
Originally Posted by jhalapin
One thing is for sure, CK ain't what it used to be....
True, but then again, nothing at AA is what it used to be and I have a feeling it's going to get worse as AA continues to underperform since its executive clowns are clueless
snydert and hhdl like this.
fly747first is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:51 am
  #3084  
formerly wchinchen
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Honolulu
Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,419
Originally Posted by fly747first
True, but then again, nothing at AA is what it used to be and I have a feeling it's going to get worse as AA continues to underperform since its executive clowns are clueless
Or they are smart and will start monetizing premium services to CKs...what was once free and expected are now chargeable if desired. Best way to achieve this, slowly remove the benefit until we get use to less service, until CK = EXP.

Can you imagine if the app had "mange trip."
Radio Buttons to allow ala carte premium service selections:
Add Meet/Greet with golf cart ride
Add tarmac transfer
Add FFD
Add IRROP protection.
snydert likes this.
HaleiwaFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:08 pm
  #3085  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 11,970
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Or they are smart and will start monetizing premium services to CKs...what was once free and expected are now chargeable if desired. Best way to achieve this, slowly remove the benefit until we get use to less service, until CK = EXP.

Can you imagine if the app had "mange trip."
Radio Buttons to allow ala carte premium service selections:
Add Meet/Greet with golf cart ride
Add tarmac transfer
Add FFD
Add IRROP protection.
Not that many CKs and in many ways they are already doing that and yet DL and UA continue to do better

In a previous investor call, AA stated that their average customer only flies them once a year
fly747first is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:17 pm
  #3086  
formerly wchinchen
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Honolulu
Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,419
Originally Posted by fly747first
Not that many CKs and in many ways they are already doing that and yet DL and UA continue to do better

In a previous investor call, AA stated that their average customer only flies them once a year
We both agree AA's management has no clear vision on their premium product line, and is squandering their current high frequency-high revenue clientele list.

I have no problem for AA trying to monetize their CKs for a premium travel experience, but AA has no vision or desire for this......I mean they don't have to reinvent the wheel, just partner up with Blade again, partner with PS Suites since they are coming to DFW, offer chauffeur service like EK, and open up more FFD locations.

Want a better in flight experience? Allow purchasable premium food/beverages items in addition to what is offered.

Then again, their grand 3-5 year plan is to capture small to medium sized airports and disregard international routes, other than LHR/TYO. Unfortunately, there is a desire to capture those one time fliers in the small to medium sized airports, but the race is to become Southwest Airlines rather than Qatar Airways. In doing so, I see a bleak future for CKs.
Dedicated and snydert like this.
HaleiwaFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 1:33 pm
  #3087  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Can you imagine if the app had "mange trip."
Radio Buttons to allow ala carte premium service selections:
Add Meet/Greet with golf cart ride
Add tarmac transfer
Add FFD
Add IRROP protection.
Actually all of the above are currently available for purchase by anyone, not in the app, but via Five Star service. Iíve decided that if Iím not renewed for CK, I will be purchasing Five Star for many of my flights, and Iíll still likely be spending less than I do now as I may begin purchasing. non refundable fares for some of my flights.
davecraze and snydert like this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 2:07 pm
  #3088  
formerly wchinchen
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Honolulu
Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,419
Originally Posted by GoBirds
Actually all of the above are currently available for purchase by anyone, not in the app, but via Five Star service. I’ve decided that if I’m not renewed for CK, I will be purchasing Five Star for many of my flights, and I’ll still likely be spending less than I do now as I may begin purchasing. non refundable fares for some of my flights.
Definitely, but I personally believe AA should separate it even further, and will get more sales out of it if they monetize each service separately rather than a complete bundle Five Star Service. For people who already have some of the benefits, this will allow ala carte purchasing of benefits they desire that are not included in their ticket.

For example: on the app,
-Meet/greet with golf cart to lounge and/or transfer to gate: $75 dollars
-FFL access: $100
-FFD dining: $150 (must purchase FFL access also).
-Tarmac Transfer/Porter $300
-IRROPS monitoring: $150
-Five Star Select (includes all for a discounted price): $650.00

In addition: they can add extra pre/post arrival services:
-Add Blade transfer
-Add Chaufer service.
-Add PS Suites
-Add lounge access

In Flight Food/Beverage for pre-order:
-Monthly rotating premium offerings of food/beverage

Allow prepaid bundle purchases of Five Star Select at a discount.
snydert and GoBirds like this.
HaleiwaFlyer is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:32 pm
  #3089  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Definitely, but I personally believe AA should separate it even further, and will get more sales out of it if they monetize each service separately rather than a complete bundle Five Star Service. For people who already have some of the benefits, this will allow ala carte purchasing of benefits they desire that are not included in their ticket.

For example: on the app,
-Meet/greet with golf cart to lounge and/or transfer to gate: $75 dollars
-FFL access: $100
-FFD dining: $150 (must purchase FFL access also).
-Tarmac Transfer/Porter $300
-IRROPS monitoring: $150
-Five Star Select (includes all for a discounted price): $650.00

In addition: they can add extra pre/post arrival services:
-Add Blade transfer
-Add Chaufer service.
-Add PS Suites
-Add lounge access

In Flight Food/Beverage for pre-order:
-Monthly rotating premium offerings of food/beverage

Allow prepaid bundle purchases of Five Star Select at a discount.
Now that would definitely worry me if Iím renewed for another year of CK!

If they made it too inexpensive and easy to buy each one our benefits individually, there would never be any premium services agents available for any of the remaining CKís.
davecraze and snydert like this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 18, 2024, 5:52 pm
  #3090  
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: GRR (RRRRRR)
Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Globalist, DL Silv, Hilton Dim, Marriot Gld, Amex Plat
Posts: 118
Originally Posted by GoBirds
Now that would definitely worry me if Iím renewed for another year of CK!

If they made it too inexpensive and easy to buy each one our benefits individually, there would never be any premium services agents available for any of the remaining CKís.
I agree. That would be a horrible idea and take away from CK priority
GoBirds likes this.
JackIs is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.