Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
American Airlines ConciergeKeySM / "CK" Program (by invitation only)
(Includes Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership)


NOTE: For questions such as "How can I get Concierge Key?" or "This is my spend: will I get CK?" Please refer to the How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK?thread

Also see AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018).


13 Apr 2020: AAdvantage extends CK status is extended automatically until Jan 31, 2022.

"The ConciergeKey Program is an exclusive program that American Airlines has for our very top customers. This is by invitation only and a very exclusive club." (Billy Sanez for AA)

ConciergeKey Services are provided to a select group of VIPs to facilitate travel on AA. The program is offered on an invitation basis only and is targeted at customers who control travel policy for large organizations. Customers who generate a high amount of revenue for AA may also be invited into this program (possibly those who spend upwards of US$60k a year on travel with AA).

Services provided include airport escorts and pre-boarding (seems variable, more likely during OSO?); assistance with flight changes, seat changes, and upgrade requests via their own dedicated telephone line. In addition, there is the ability to communicate directly with ConciergeKey associates via a dedicated email address. ConciergeKeySM representatives will also monitor day of travel of ConciergeKey members and will proactively reroute or rebook travel when necessary. ConciergeKey status allows check-in at First Class counters, as well as access to elite lines through security at certain airports. Miles and copay upgrades with copay waived.

ConciergeKey is now a distinct elite tier, above Executive Platinum. ConciergeKey benefits include membership to the Admirals Club, international miles upgrades with copayment waived, as well as two additional System-Wide Upgrades (SWU's) as part of CK membership.

CK members have access to Flagship Check-in on any flight, and CK will have Flagship Lounge access when flying a OneWorld airline.

As of 1 Jan 2017, Concierge Key members have upgrade requests prioritized over all other tiers: CK members have an upgrade window of (up to) 120 hours (Executive Platinum member's will retain the 100 hour upgrade window). CK members will board ahead of other passengers.

Regarding Concierge Key tier benefits coming in 2017, please see: New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Please: do respect members' privacy by refraining from asking for overly personal information and details relating to ConciergeKey membership or nomination. If your question receives no response, consider the member chooses not to reply, as is his/her right.

Boarding Area's AAdvantageGeek's blog shows the card and documents here.

Previous threads:
ConciergeKey AA Premium Service (ARCHIVED)
ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Updated 18 Aug 2019 by ikwia to reflect CK being a distinct elite tier and to clarify the FL access requirement
Updated 25 Jul 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Mar 5, 2024, 10:46 am
  #3001  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 1,509
Originally Posted by davecraze
Has anyone recently connected from BA (Barcelona to LHR) to an AA flight to the US at Heathrow? If so, was there a CK or premium services agent there for connection assistance (just in case - it's 90 minutes, but you never know, right)? I usually only connect the other way from AA metal to BA, but I don't remember if the assistance also works in the other direction when at least one flight is on AA metal. Any idea what terminal the BA flight will arrive at and AA flight depart from?
Youll arrive in T5 and leave from T3. Its doable under your own steam. Im BA GGL and once got CK assistance on a similar connection. This was probably due to an actual CK on my incoming flight and I was allowed to tag along. And it is not uncommon to see CK reps lurking around T5 for this purpose.
davecraze and snydert like this.
RichieMc is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:15 am
  #3002  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by davecraze
Has anyone recently connected from BA (Barcelona to LHR) to an AA flight to the US at Heathrow? If so, was there a CK or premium services agent there for connection assistance (just in case - it's 90 minutes, but you never know, right)? I usually only connect the other way from AA metal to BA, but I don't remember if the assistance also works in the other direction when at least one flight is on AA metal. Any idea what terminal the BA flight will arrive at and AA flight depart from?
I would let them know in advance and request to be met if possible. I did that once and was met at T5 and escorted to T3. Keep in mind though that as always it depends on the availability of premium services staff. If they are too busy or have Five Star passengers who paid to be met, then they won't meet you there. 90 minutes is probably enough time regardless, but it is worth requesting assistance and seeing if you get lucky and they are able to meet you on arrival.
davecraze and snydert like this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:35 am
  #3003  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 384
Originally Posted by GoBirds
I would let them know in advance and request to be met if possible. I did that once and was met at T5 and escorted to T3. Keep in mind though that as always it depends on the availability of premium services staff. If they are too busy or have Five Star passengers who paid to be met, then they won't meet you there. 90 minutes is probably enough time regardless, but it is worth requesting assistance and seeing if you get lucky and they are able to meet you on arrival.
This.

I've had it before as I used to do that route extensively, but I'd say it was 50/50 based on my connection time. Definitely request it.
davecraze likes this.
snydert is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:06 pm
  #3004  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: DFW
Programs: AA CK, 4 MM Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by davecraze
Has anyone recently connected from BA (Barcelona to LHR) to an AA flight to the US at Heathrow? If so, was there a CK or premium services agent there for connection assistance (just in case - it's 90 minutes, but you never know, right)? I usually only connect the other way from AA metal to BA, but I don't remember if the assistance also works in the other direction when at least one flight is on AA metal. Any idea what terminal the BA flight will arrive at and AA flight depart from?
I have never had CK service going through LHR, but I think you should be able to do it on your own given 90 mins if everything goes smoothly. I was in a similar situation (90 min layover) but I missed my connecting flight due to arriving late to LHR (cutting out 30 mins of my 90 layover), the transit time from T3 to T5 took longer than expected, and their rule of getting through security 30 mins BEFORE the next flight takes off. So they denied me at the security check point. I was not happy of course. Thank goodness my connecting flight got delayed at the last min due to bad weather, and I was allowed to go through security and eventually on to my flight.

After than incident, I give myself at least 2 hours if I am connecting through LHR. It was not a good experience for me. Having said that, I do think 90 mins is doable.
davecraze and snydert like this.
Marioparty is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:12 pm
  #3005  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Posts: 55
90 minutes is doable. I’ve never had CK assistance transferring through Heathrow including this past weekend. On the other hand I now keep my layovers at Heathrow at least three hours because I love the Concorde club room lounge. It’s one of the primary reasons I try and maintain ConciergeKey with American Airlines, if this benefit ever goes away I might switch airlines.
davecraze and snydert like this.
CK2023 is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 12:14 pm
  #3006  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW Area
Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 402
Originally Posted by snydert
This.

I've had it before as I used to do that route extensively, but I'd say it was 50/50 based on my connection time. Definitely request it.
Thank you very much, Anonymous Internet Forum Friends and snydert!

I do usually schedule more time for LHR, but we are limited on the available flights this go-round. I've done it with my family (and even with the the dreaded SSSS on my wife's boarding pass for no reason) in ~42 minutes with CK assistance clearing all the roadblocks (including at security), but it was such a harrowing experience for my wife that she still gives me the side-eye when I even suggest a routing through LHR. It will be different this time, honey, really...
snydert likes this.

Last edited by davecraze; Mar 5, 2024 at 12:21 pm
davecraze is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:27 pm
  #3007  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Posts: 573
Originally Posted by davecraze
Has anyone recently connected from BA (Barcelona to LHR) to an AA flight to the US at Heathrow? If so, was there a CK or premium services agent there for connection assistance (just in case - it's 90 minutes, but you never know, right)? I usually only connect the other way from AA metal to BA, but I don't remember if the assistance also works in the other direction when at least one flight is on AA metal. Any idea what terminal the BA flight will arrive at and AA flight depart from?
I've been through LHR as a CK about 8 times in the last few months. Some are connections and some are the destination/origin. I've been greeted upon arriving T3 on AA metal a few times, but those trips where where I was staying in London, so they just drove me to immigration and brought me to the front of the line. I've yet to have a transfer between T3 and T5 yet because of CK. Definitely love the Concorde Room benefit though, it's my new second home!

That being said, if everything is on time 90 minutes *should* be enough time to do the transfer from from T5 to T3, reclear security, and get the gate (and maybe even have a few minutes for the Cathay F lounge too).
davecraze and snydert like this.
tacostuff is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:40 pm
  #3008  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Posts: 965
Originally Posted by tacostuff
I've been through LHR as a CK about 8 times in the last few months. Some are connections and some are the destination/origin. I've been greeted upon arriving T3 on AA metal a few times, but those trips where where I was staying in London, so they just drove me to immigration and brought me to the front of the line. .
is there even a line in immigration any more? now that most nationalities can use the e-gates, i dont think i have ever had to wait more than a minute or three. But if waiting on the other CK slowpokes for a ride to immigration gets you to the front of the line, it might be worth it on a busy day....
snydert likes this.
stant is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:03 pm
  #3009  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Posts: 573
Originally Posted by stant
is there even a line in immigration any more? now that most nationalities can use the e-gates, i dont think i have ever had to wait more than a minute or three. But if waiting on the other CK slowpokes for a ride to immigration gets you to the front of the line, it might be worth it on a busy day....
You are correct, many passports can use the e-gates in LHR now. I typically don't see lines, but they do happen sometimes, even for the e-gates. On the day the CK rep met me and let me cut the line, there was like two people in it, so more of a symbolic victory...
snydert likes this.
tacostuff is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:06 pm
  #3010  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Posts: 965
Originally Posted by tacostuff
You are correct, many passports can use the e-gates in LHR now. I typically don't see lines, but they do happen sometimes, even for the e-gates. On the day the CK rep met me and let me cut the line, there was like two people in it, so more of a symbolic victory...
i purposefully book a seat as close to the door as possible, so im one of if not the first off. I never wait for the premium services rep. by the time they call looking for me I'm likely already in the shower in the arrivals lounge.

whats the longest line you have seen lately? 2 people, I wouldnt wait. 2hr line, you darn skippy im cuttin that mofugger if i can...
davecraze and snydert like this.
stant is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:11 pm
  #3011  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW Area
Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 402
The biggest benefit for me has been cutting the security line with my family in tow when time is tight. The CK rep just ignores everyone and brings us right to the front and shushes complainers like they own the place.

Sometimes I get the pleasure of those people sitting right next to me on the flight home.

When its just me I agree that I can usually be way ahead of the rep as I am usually first off or one of them.
snydert likes this.
davecraze is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:44 pm
  #3012  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by stant
i purposefully book a seat as close to the door as possible, so im one of if not the first off. I never wait for the premium services rep. by the time they call looking for me I'm likely already in the shower in the arrivals lounge.

whats the longest line you have seen lately? 2 people, I wouldnt wait. 2hr line, you darn skippy im cuttin that mofugger if i can...
I'll sometimes take the ride to immigration if I'm extra tired from the red eye. For me the bigger benefit is whilst departing LHR. Not long after the UK opened up to travel after Covid, the Fast Track security lines could be crazy long, like 45 min or an hour. I almost missed my flight once because of that. After that happened, I'd ask at the check in counter about the fast track line, and the agents would often come up with me, and drop me off at the front of the line if there was one, which I very much appreciated.

Oh, and I think I've mentioned this before on here, but one of my favorite CK perks is the buggy ride to the gate at LHR from the Cathay or AA lounge, particularly if the plane is departing from one of those gates that seems to be almost a literal mile away. I always find LHR to be very hot, so I'd rather not be all sweaty and uncomfortable as I'm about to get on a 12 hour flight back to the U.S.
davecraze and snydert like this.
GoBirds is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:37 pm
  #3013  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Posts: 965
Originally Posted by GoBirds
I'll sometimes take the ride to immigration if I'm extra tired from the red eye. For me the bigger benefit is whilst departing LHR. Not long after the UK opened up to travel after Covid, the Fast Track security lines could be crazy long, like 45 min or an hour. I almost missed my flight once because of that. After that happened, I'd ask at the check in counter about the fast track line, and the agents would often come up with me, and drop me off at the front of the line if there was one, which I very much appreciated.

Oh, and I think I've mentioned this before on here, but one of my favorite CK perks is the buggy ride to the gate at LHR from the Cathay or AA lounge, particularly if the plane is departing from one of those gates that seems to be almost a literal mile away. I always find LHR to be very hot, so I'd rather not be all sweaty and uncomfortable as I'm about to get on a 12 hour flight back to the U.S.
its funny how two different people can have such different experiences at the same airport. I have been regularly fling in and out of LHR for better than 15 years now. right before, during, and right after covid I'd never see any lines in the fast track lane. normally it would be 4 or 5 people, tops. only just recently, since maybe last year, have I seen any meaningful lines, and they still are only maybe 10 minutes long. never thought of asking for an escort through security though, I'll have to give that a shot next time. if it's one thing I HATE it's standing behind a family of 6 or 7 who ALL have to be individually told to take their laptops out of their bags and to remove any metal from their pockets.
stant is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:51 pm
  #3014  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: DFW
Programs: AA CK, 4 MM Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
Posts: 43
For those that have done it, where/who do you ask to be walked through security? When I transit through LHR on BA, I get no help at all and I am flying business/first. Perhaps I am not taking the right action. What's the secret sauce?
Marioparty is offline  
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:58 pm
  #3015  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Posts: 176
Originally Posted by stant
its funny how two different people can have such different experiences at the same airport. I have been regularly fling in and out of LHR for better than 15 years now. right before, during, and right after covid I'd never see any lines in the fast track lane. normally it would be 4 or 5 people, tops. only just recently, since maybe last year, have I seen any meaningful lines, and they still are only maybe 10 minutes long. never thought of asking for an escort through security though, I'll have to give that a shot next time. if it's one thing I HATE it's standing behind a family of 6 or 7 who ALL have to be individually told to take their laptops out of their bags and to remove any metal from their pockets.
The really long lines I'm describing were really only in the few months after they reopened after Covid, and they are generally much shorter now, though I have to admit I rarely see just 4 or 5 people at fast track. But, the good news is the last time I flew out of T3, about a month ago, they had installed those new X ray machines that allow you to keep everything in your bags. So no taking out laptops, or liquids, or anything. That was a really nice experience, and should hopefully make fast track much faster all the time. I believe they're starting to install those in some U.S. airports too, but the only place I've seen so far is at some, but not all, of the LAX security lines. I'm hopeful they start using them at lots more airports here, though I'm guessing they're quite expensive so who knows how long it will be until that happens.
GoBirds is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.