Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Dec 18, 2015, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
American Airlines ConciergeKeySM / "CK" Program (by invitation only)
(Includes Executive Platinum status and Admirals Club membership)


NOTE: For questions such as "How can I get Concierge Key?" or "This is my spend: will I get CK?" Please refer to the How do I make / making AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK?thread

Also see AA Concierge Key invitations / renewal for 2019 status (out early 12/2018).


13 Apr 2020: AAdvantage extends CK status is extended automatically until Jan 31, 2022.

"The ConciergeKey Program is an exclusive program that American Airlines has for our very top customers. This is by invitation only and a very exclusive club." (Billy Sanez for AA)

ConciergeKey Services are provided to a select group of VIPs to facilitate travel on AA. The program is offered on an invitation basis only and is targeted at customers who control travel policy for large organizations. Customers who generate a high amount of revenue for AA may also be invited into this program (possibly those who spend upwards of US$60k a year on travel with AA).

Services provided include airport escorts and pre-boarding (seems variable, more likely during OSO?); assistance with flight changes, seat changes, and upgrade requests via their own dedicated telephone line. In addition, there is the ability to communicate directly with ConciergeKey associates via a dedicated email address. ConciergeKeySM representatives will also monitor day of travel of ConciergeKey members and will proactively reroute or rebook travel when necessary. ConciergeKey status allows check-in at First Class counters, as well as access to elite lines through security at certain airports. Miles and copay upgrades with copay waived.

ConciergeKey is now a distinct elite tier, above Executive Platinum. ConciergeKey benefits include membership to the Admirals Club, international miles upgrades with copayment waived, as well as two additional System-Wide Upgrades (SWU's) as part of CK membership.

CK members have access to Flagship Check-in on any flight, and CK will have Flagship Lounge access when flying a OneWorld airline.

As of 1 Jan 2017, Concierge Key members have upgrade requests prioritized over all other tiers: CK members have an upgrade window of (up to) 120 hours (Executive Platinum member's will retain the 100 hour upgrade window). CK members will board ahead of other passengers.

Regarding Concierge Key tier benefits coming in 2017, please see: New Concierge Key Benefits for 2017: New CK Elite Status Tier

Please: do respect members' privacy by refraining from asking for overly personal information and details relating to ConciergeKey membership or nomination. If your question receives no response, consider the member chooses not to reply, as is his/her right.

Boarding Area's AAdvantageGeek's blog shows the card and documents here.

Previous threads:
ConciergeKey AA Premium Service (ARCHIVED)
ARCHIVED: AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK (2014 consolidated)

Updated 18 Aug 2019 by ikwia to reflect CK being a distinct elite tier and to clarify the FL access requirement
Updated 25 Jul 2017 by JDiver
Print Wikipost

AA Concierge Key / ConciergeKey / CK members lounge (master thread)

Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:15 pm
  #3091  
 
Join Date: Mar 2024
Posts: 1
Likelihood of qualifying - 1.6m lp’s

Got the email from AA except mine extended to July and said my membership was the result of a “corporate nomination”. This is true for early 2023 but I accumulated 1:6m lp’s between March and feb 2024 with all but 1.4m of those on American card stock and probably 1.2 on American metal. Should I be worried about requalifying or is this a likely renewal?
snydert likes this.
joe_blow123 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:40 pm
  #3092  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CLT
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 75
I’ve got a tight connection (~50min) in DFW on Monday that is pretty early… incoming flight scheduled to arrive at ~7:40 AM. I know tarmac transfers are far from guaranteed, but does anyone know if they are even up and running with the SUVs that early in the day? Has anyone had tarmac transfers that early before at DFW?

Follow-up question - what is the group’s advice for giving myself a better shot at getting it - call / email ahead of time and say something along the lines of, “I know nothing is guaranteed, but any support their able to provide would be greatly appreciated…”?
StiTChEs37 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:49 pm
  #3093  
formerly wchinchen
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Honolulu
Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,397
Originally Posted by StiTChEs37
I’ve got a tight connection (~50min) in DFW on Monday that is pretty early… incoming flight scheduled to arrive at ~7:40 AM. I know tarmac transfers are far from guaranteed, but does anyone know if they are even up and running with the SUVs that early in the day? Has anyone had tarmac transfers that early before at DFW?

Follow-up question - what is the group’s advice for giving myself a better shot at getting it - call / email ahead of time and say something along the lines of, “I know nothing is guaranteed, but any support their able to provide would be greatly appreciated…”?
I have an indirect answer, and will depend on the CK agent managing your meet/greet. When I arrived to DFW from HNL around 6-7AM, the CK agent mentioned he was going to arrange a tarmac transfer to the FL, but it was freezing out there, so he didn't, as he thought it would not have been fun to get into the cold right after a flight from HNL. So it appears tarmac transfers are available that early.

Can't hurt to shoot the CK desk an email of your upcoming flight details and requesting the tarmac transfer help for a tight connection.
snydert likes this.
HaleiwaFlyer is online now  
Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:50 pm
  #3094  
formerly wchinchen
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Honolulu
Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,397
Originally Posted by joe_blow123
Got the email from AA except mine extended to July and said my membership was the result of a “corporate nomination”. This is true for early 2023 but I accumulated 1:6m lp’s between March and feb 2024 with all but 1.4m of those on American card stock and probably 1.2 on American metal. Should I be worried about requalifying or is this a likely renewal?
Shall find out in April, as with all of us. No one knows.....
snydert likes this.
HaleiwaFlyer is online now  
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:29 pm
  #3095  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW Area
Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 407
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
I have an indirect answer, and will depend on the CK agent managing your meet/greet. When I arrived to DFW from HNL around 6-7AM, the CK agent mentioned he was going to arrange a tarmac transfer to the FL, but it was freezing out there, so he didn't, as he thought it would not have been fun to get into the cold right after a flight from HNL. So it appears tarmac transfers are available that early.

Can't hurt to shoot the CK desk an email of your upcoming flight details and requesting the tarmac transfer help for a tight connection.
I would definitely let them know and request it. DFW CK reps have been on point lately, I am 100% on meets and greets over the last year or so even on really short domestic departures out of DFW, up from like 50% historically
snydert likes this.
davecraze is offline  
Old Mar 21, 2024, 2:43 pm
  #3096  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: CLT
Programs: AA CK, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
I have an indirect answer, and will depend on the CK agent managing your meet/greet. When I arrived to DFW from HNL around 6-7AM, the CK agent mentioned he was going to arrange a tarmac transfer to the FL, but it was freezing out there, so he didn't, as he thought it would not have been fun to get into the cold right after a flight from HNL. So it appears tarmac transfers are available that early.

Can't hurt to shoot the CK desk an email of your upcoming flight details and requesting the tarmac transfer help for a tight connection.
Originally Posted by davecraze
I would definitely let them know and request it. DFW CK reps have been on point lately, I am 100% on meets and greets over the last year or so even on really short domestic departures out of DFW, up from like 50% historically

Thank you both! (I tried to like your posts, but haven't been able to like things lately... just know I appreciate the perspectives!)
davecraze and snydert like this.
StiTChEs37 is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:42 pm
  #3097  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by joe_blow123
Got the email from AA except mine extended to July and said my membership was the result of a “corporate nomination”. This is true for early 2023 but I accumulated 1:6m lp’s between March and feb 2024 with all but 1.4m of those on American card stock and probably 1.2 on American metal. Should I be worried about requalifying or is this a likely renewal?
I would assume you're probably fine. I had just over 1.5M LPs so not much different. I did spend ~$100K in first class/premium tickets though, which is close to my historical average. I'm not too concerned about my renewal, but we shall see...
davecraze likes this.
snydert is offline  
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:49 pm
  #3098  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
I have an indirect answer, and will depend on the CK agent managing your meet/greet. When I arrived to DFW from HNL around 6-7AM, the CK agent mentioned he was going to arrange a tarmac transfer to the FL, but it was freezing out there, so he didn't, as he thought it would not have been fun to get into the cold right after a flight from HNL. So it appears tarmac transfers are available that early.

Can't hurt to shoot the CK desk an email of your upcoming flight details and requesting the tarmac transfer help for a tight connection.
I agree with this. When in doubt, always shoot a note and request assistance. I do that just to be safe.
snydert is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:02 am
  #3099  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: DFW
Programs: AA CK, 4 MM Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
Posts: 43
Just did my LP reward selections. How often are you successful with using your SWU as a CK?
Marioparty is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2024, 10:46 am
  #3100  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Posts: 977
Originally Posted by Marioparty
Just did my LP reward selections. How often are you successful with using your SWU as a CK?
100% if you book a flight that's confimable for a swu at the time of booking. If you didn't have any swu in your wallet before you wouldn't see the designation for this, now you will.
snydert and Marioparty like this.
stant is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:37 am
  #3101  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 13
Pilots over CK

Apparently new upgrade priority is pilots are number 1 on list. CKs are number 2. Just happened very recently I guess. Flew economy yesterday assuming I was easy number 1 on both flights connecting through Dallas. Was number 2 on both flights with a pilot above me on both. CK agent in Dallas talked to me about it and said the reps weren’t happy about it. Looks like the already almost non existent upgrade chances with full flights everywhere, are going to get slimmer.
robertablake likes this.
ReidTravels is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2024, 11:58 am
  #3102  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DCA
Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posts: 22,299
Originally Posted by ReidTravels
Apparently new upgrade priority is pilots are number 1 on list. CKs are number 2. Just happened very recently I guess. Flew economy yesterday assuming I was easy number 1 on both flights connecting through Dallas. Was number 2 on both flights with a pilot above me on both. CK agent in Dallas talked to me about it and said the reps weren’t happy about it. Looks like the already almost non existent upgrade chances with full flights everywhere, are going to get slimmer.
Deadheading (not commuting) pilots got upgrade priority on day of departure ahead of passengers as part of their recently-ratified contract. American isn't unique in doing this. For instance, United pilots got it in 2020.

When I was CK a lot of my upgrades were at the gate, where I'd be #1 for the last remaining seat (or somebody misconnects). Now I would sit in back on some of those flights. Again - it's a pilot working a trip who is being repositioned between cities that gets this priority, not just a pilot who is flying from their home to base to start a trip.
ryanbriar and snydert like this.
gleff is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:22 pm
  #3103  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by ReidTravels
Apparently new upgrade priority is pilots are number 1 on list. CKs are number 2. Just happened very recently I guess. Flew economy yesterday assuming I was easy number 1 on both flights connecting through Dallas. Was number 2 on both flights with a pilot above me on both. CK agent in Dallas talked to me about it and said the reps weren’t happy about it. Looks like the already almost non existent upgrade chances with full flights everywhere, are going to get slimmer.
This is only for pilots on their way to a flight they are working, not any old time.
davecraze likes this.
snydert is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:35 pm
  #3104  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DCA
Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Posts: 22,299
Originally Posted by snydert
This is only for pilots on their way to a flight they are working, not any old time.
It's not even that.

A pilot who lives in Phoenix but is based out of LA, who flies to LA to start a trip, would not be eligible for this on their PHX-LAX flight. That's commuting. It's only for deadheading. For instance if they're based in Dallas and are being flown to Baltimore to operate a flight back to Dallas. That's deadheading. That's when they're eligible.
snydert likes this.
gleff is offline  
Old Mar 25, 2024, 12:40 pm
  #3105  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: DFW
Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by gleff
It's not even that.

A pilot who lives in Phoenix but is based out of LA, who flies to LA to start a trip, would not be eligible for this on their PHX-LAX flight. That's commuting. It's only for deadheading. For instance if they're based in Dallas and are being flown to Baltimore to operate a flight back to Dallas. That's deadheading. That's when they're eligible.
Fair point. I stand corrected.
snydert is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.