Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jcatman
7L and 7A were never connected, so there was nothing to fix or "stiffen".
sorry, meant 8L
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
Post #1 has information and diagrams from SeatGuru, and the Wkipostbsummarizes information - nobody has to read all the posts to getbthe basic information.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Post #1 has information and diagrams from SeatGuru, and the Wkipostbsummarizes information - nobody has to read all the posts to getbthe basic information.
OTOH, there are other useful observations found only in the thread. For example, IIRC somebody noted upthread that it's easier to sleep in the rear-facing seats because--owing to the aircraft's attitude in flight--your feet are more comfortably lower than your head. (I'll be testing that assertion in a few months on an overnight TATL.)
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by Colin
you mean the crystal-clear novel-length wiki was insufficient? ha!

7A and 7L are best for solo.
Very private with your head shielded.
Seat is NOT attached to row 8.
7L is my preference of the two.

The Seat Guru map is crap - one window instead of two is quite sufficient.

These seats are no where near the loo.
On this advice I switched my LAX/LHR seat from 3A to 7L. Yes the lack of window(s) will bother me upon approach into London but this seems to be the most private unattached seat on the plane so I should get some sleep hopefully.

Big shout out to Colin for the great advice ^ This is what Flyertalk is all about
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Best seats for 4?

Flying DFW-OGG and HNL-DFW, 12/24 and 12/30, both on the 37J config.

I got 7A/D/H/L on the outbound, and 7A/L and 1D/H for the return. While 7D/H are still open on the return, and we'd prefer to all sit together, I thought the seat movement would be more of an issue while trying to sleep.

Any other seat recommendations for a party of 4?

Last edited by aacar; Jun 24, 2017 at 7:58 pm
Old Jun 24, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by aacar
Flying DFW-OGG and HNL-DFW, 12/24 and 12/30, both on the 37J config.

I got 7A/D/H/L on the outbound, and 7A/L and 1D/H for the return. While 7D/H are still open on the return, and we'd prefer to all sit together, I thought the seat movement would be more of an issue while trying to sleep.

Any other seat recommendations for a party of 4?
You've done well in your seat selection. I would not change anything.

7A/L have more engine noise and less galley noise. 1D/H have more galley noise but you cannot hear the engines one bit.

Enjoy your holiday in the Islands.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Hi,

Looks like we are flying as a couple on this configuration from Europe to/from JFK.

Both flights are day flights - so no sleeping really required.

On the AA seat plan, we have 12 rows of business in two sections. On both flights the rear section is completely unbooked and the front about 50% booked.

Not come across rear facing seats before. I've read that some seats have full harnesses ?? and some the dividers do not go down and then some are connected with the seats behind.

Getting a bit confused (not unusual) so could do with some help in choosing the best seats - either in the middle or on the side as singles. What we would want to avoid are any seats that might have a divider that does not go down.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:21 am

Seat selection on 777-200 International Business?

My SO and I are flying JFK-EZE in business, flights 953 and 954. Main question:

What are the best seats for a couple flying together with at least one window seat?

Right now we have 2L and 3L which according to the seat map, either face each other on the version of the plane with some backwards seats, or just both face forward. However in another thread someone said that in neither configuration would those 2 seats face each other.

Given that we want one window seat, what seats would you recommend? 2 window seats, or a window and an aisle, etc? Most seats are still available on both flights so we have lots of choice. Also, do you think it is better to be in the forwardmost section of business or in the second section?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by dpakman91

What are the best seats for a couple flying together with at least one window seat?

Right now we have 2L and 3L which according to the seat map, either face each other on the version of the plane with some backwards seats, or just both face forward. However in another thread someone said that in neither configuration would those 2 seats face each other.

Given that we want one window seat, what seats would you recommend? 2 window seats, or a window and an aisle, etc? Most seats are still available on both flights so we have lots of choice. Also, do you think it is better to be in the forwardmost section of business or in the second section?
2L and 3L probably are facing each other, but not in a way that lets you interact with each other , or even see each other.

The alignment between windows and central seats is odd, but I think the best in your situation would be 2L and 2H, because the rear-facing 2L kind of looks sideways on at the forward facing 2H. I don't think you could talk to each other , but I think you can see each other well.

Maybe someone who has been on one more recently than I have can clarify which pairs line up right? I am pretty sure the A window seats line up differently than the L windows.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
2L and 3L probably are facing each other, but not in a way that lets you interact with each other , or even see each other.

The alignment between windows and central seats is odd, but I think the best in your situation would be 2L and 2H, because the rear-facing 2L kind of looks sideways on at the forward facing 2H. I don't think you could talk to each other , but I think you can see each other well.

Maybe someone who has been on one more recently than I have can clarify which pairs line up right? I am pretty sure the A window seats line up differently than the L windows.
interesting. yeah has anybody else been on this recently who might chime in?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:08 am

AA 777 200 business class - Dividers!

Dear Flyer talk forum.

I need your advice. I am travelling with my family on AA 142 JFK - LHR in a few weeks and it shows I am on a 777 200 (V2).

I would like a set of middle seats where the dividers go down but I am confused by the threads I have read.

I think that the dividers are only down on forward facing middle seats and not rear facing middle seats? Is this correct? I'd prefer rear facing but if the divider does not go down it'd a deal breaker...

It's important as I'll be with my little one and I want to ensure I can keep an eye on her.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kirsty
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
You might have better luck posting this on the AA forum
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dpakman91

Please search for existing threads on a topic prior to starting new threads. The Wikipost offers quite a bit of information summarized from members' knowledge and experience, and the first two posts have J cabin sear charts for this aircraft.

Thank you,

/Moderator
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
You might have better luck posting this on the AA forum
Good call COEWR2587. The thread has been moved to the AA Forum.

Madone59

Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kirsty Dyson
Dear Flyer talk forum.

I need your advice. I am travelling with my family on AA 142 JFK - LHR in a few weeks and it shows I am on a 777 200 (V2).

I would like a set of middle seats where the dividers go down but I am confused by the threads I have read.

I think that the dividers are only down on forward facing middle seats and not rear facing middle seats? Is this correct? I'd prefer rear facing but if the divider does not go down it'd a deal breaker...

It's important as I'll be with my little one and I want to ensure I can keep an eye on her.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kirsty
Please read the Wikipost at the top of the thread.

The dividers installed on these aircraft are defective, though AA has committed themselves to correct the issue. In an aircraft that has been repaired, you'll have no problem.

On aircraft that have not been corrected, there is no way of predicting what position the dividers will be set in by ground personnel. I've seen every other divider up, others down; all up. Others report yet other schemes.

My wife requires in air attention and ophthalmic medication; we usually use the same aisle, rather than the center seats - which require different aisles to access. Look at the seat charts in posts 1 and 2 for some visual guidance. Iirc, we used an H and L seat the last time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.