Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:27 pm
HAF

1L

so I believe I read though all posts but I am not sure if 1L is recommended or not. I have an upcoming return trip LAX-GRU - chose 1L mainly due to privacy, forward facing, first served meals. I am 5'8'' and small to medium size so the legroom should not make much difference. I am a light sleeper so noise from the galley would not be a good thing but I heard that the forward galley is not used or not a big issue... yes I read that it is connected to 2L and there might be some movement if the person siting at 2L is jittery - but i am ok with that since it seems to be a systemic problem with this set up and most of the seats have this problem. anything else i am missing?

--haf
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA Explat, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I am taking my mom to Japan for her 50th birthday so we looking to have fun on this flight as opposed to working/sleeping. From the info in here, I decided to go with the H/L combo in a row with rear-facing L (window) and forward-facing H (middle) so we could see each other. I would really like to have that cool view of the wing/engine that I've seen in photos. Never flown this plane before- which rows would be best for the view? All 10 rows in J are vacant (except blocked 1A).
Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by HAF
so I believe I read though all posts but I am not sure if 1L is recommended or not. I have an upcoming return trip LAX-GRU - chose 1L mainly due to privacy, forward facing, first served meals. I am 5'8'' and small to medium size so the legroom should not make much difference. I am a light sleeper so noise from the galley would not be a good thing but I heard that the forward galley is not used or not a big issue... yes I read that it is connected to 2L and there might be some movement if the person siting at 2L is jittery - but i am ok with that since it seems to be a systemic problem with this set up and most of the seats have this problem. anything else i am missing?
I flew in 1L two weeks ago and didn't notice any noise from the galley, but I was listening to music throughout the whole flight.

I did, however, leave the flight having forged a new bond with the passenger sitting in 2L, as we both felt each other's movements the entire flight. The only other time I've flown this business class was in 7L, so I didn't notice just how bad the movement issue was. At first I chalked it up to FT melodrama, but it really is quite unacceptable for what's supposed to be such a premium product. You do get somewhat used to it after the first hour or two, though you still notice it. Pray for a seatmate who promptly falls asleep.

Originally Posted by CabinChief
I am taking my mom to Japan for her 50th birthday so we looking to have fun on this flight as opposed to working/sleeping. From the info in here, I decided to go with the H/L combo in a row with rear-facing L (window) and forward-facing H (middle) so we could see each other. I would really like to have that cool view of the wing/engine that I've seen in photos. Never flown this plane before- which rows would be best for the view? All 10 rows in J are vacant (except blocked 1A).
I would recommend a rear-facing seat toward the rear of the cabin. The forward section is too far to get a good shot of the wing without some awkward contortioning.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:19 pm

Sounds like 9 H,L then. Thanks!!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CabinChief
Sounds like 9 H,L then. Thanks!!
Be aware though that you may very well find yourself on a plane with the newer seats facing all-forward. AA seatmaps all show the forward/reverse configuration, although there is no telling until you board really which version will operate your flight. You can check assigned aircraft registrations when they are loaded 1-2 days in advance, but until the flight boards aircraft can be changed for a number of reasons. With the conversions going full steam ahead the likelihood of this happening is increasing.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 12:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
The Wikipost summarizes information from various sources and members' shared knowledge.

Zodiac "Concept D" seats "connected at the head" are subject to motion induced by connected seat. Seats not "connected at the head include 1A&D&H; 7A&L; 12A&L. generally, aft-facing seats are preferred by many fliers.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Not sure if it's just in my head, but it seems the last few times I've flown the product, the seats didn't move as much as when they first launched. Maybe I just got lucky with the people sitting in the other seat?

I personally love the rear facing seats. You get more table space (idk what to call it, no the tray table, but the side areas), and I personally think that sleeping is easier because the plane is slightly tilted up where your head is, giving you a more comfortable angle.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by joeypore
Not sure if it's just in my head, but it seems the last few times I've flown the product, the seats didn't move as much as when they first launched. Maybe I just got lucky with the people sitting in the other seat?
They said they were gonna start fixing/securing them, never heard what the status of that project is, but could be the difference, possibly.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by JonNYC
They said they were gonna start fixing/securing them, never heard what the status of that project is, but could be the difference, possibly.
Definitely not secured on aircraft 7AV (N788AN) as of two weeks ago.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by ACA321
Be aware though that you may very well find yourself on a plane with the newer seats facing all-forward. AA seatmaps all show the forward/reverse configuration, although there is no telling until you board really which version will operate your flight. You can check assigned aircraft registrations when they are loaded 1-2 days in advance, but until the flight boards aircraft can be changed for a number of reasons. With the conversions going full steam ahead the likelihood of this happening is increasing.
Thanks for the head's up, I wasn't aware of any 2-class 777's with new all-forward facing seats.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Main Business Cabin v. Rear Business Cabin

Recently flew DFW-ICN in 7L.

Return ICN-DFW in 1D. All partitions were up in the center seats (thankfully as was traveling alone).

Service was outstanding in both cabins. Noise from the front galley was significant when sitting in 1D. Noise from the bathroom more noticeable in 1D as well.

The middle galley in the Business Cabin was rarely used. Hence, 7L is VERY, quiet. That would be my choice on a future flight on this bird.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by jcatman
Recently flew DFW-ICN in 7L...

Service was outstanding in both cabins. Noise from the front galley was significant when sitting in 1D. Noise from the bathroom more noticeable in 1D as well.

The middle galley in the Business Cabin was rarely used. Hence, 7L is VERY, quiet. That would be my choice on a future flight on this bird.
I love 7L. It feels so private and cozy to me, plus, it's "disconnected" as they say. Wish there was a better window situation though.

About the middle galley though... I find that interesting. I was on JFK > LHR in 6L, which I know most people consider the worst seat in J. I switched to an earlier flight and it was the only seat left. The middle galley was very busy during dinner, and the light / noise would be very distracting I would think for most people. I have custom molded earplugs and a Tumi eyeshade that make it a non-issue, but I couldn't imagine 7L being that much better noise wise.

I wonder if it's just up to the FAs which galley they use more of? Interesting though...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by joeypore
I love 7L. It feels so private and cozy to me, plus, it's "disconnected" as they say. Wish there was a better window situation though.

About the middle galley though... I find that interesting. I was on JFK > LHR in 6L, which I know most people consider the worst seat in J. I switched to an earlier flight and it was the only seat left. The middle galley was very busy during dinner, and the light / noise would be very distracting I would think for most people. I have custom molded earplugs and a Tumi eyeshade that make it a non-issue, but I couldn't imagine 7L being that much better noise wise.

I wonder if it's just up to the FAs which galley they use more of? Interesting though...
Keep in mind row 7 is still a decent amount further away from the galley and lavatories than row 6. Row 6 is literally attached to them, whereas row 7 has the #2 doors and walk up bar as a buffer.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maξtre-plongeur des Muccis
Posts relating to the 772 with B/E Super Diamond Solo seats have been moved to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eat-seats.html
Old Feb 7, 2017, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Flew in seat 1H Sunday night EZE-DFW. I liked the seat, although as a short person I feel for anybody tall as it would definitely be short. I'm pretty wide s don't didn't feel like I was hemmed in - although I sleep on my side so that may help.

Biggest issue is the seat back wasn't working, which I didn't realize until I went to go to sleep (up until that point I just thought it was really uncomfortable in seat mode). Three of the flight attendants worked on it for 15 minutes to get it to work. Of course when I went to sit back up, I had issues again as well but managed to succeed on getting it back up without help.

From discussions with the FAs, this is definitely not their favorite seat. They had to work on at least one other seat that flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.