Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bflotraveler
Does anyone know if the views in seats 12A or 12L are obstructed by the wing? As these are the only forward facing window seats that are not connected I would be interested in trying them out unless I'll be staring at the wing for my entire day flight. Thanks!
Wing.

Basically, every seat between the 2d and 3d doors look out over the wings.

For an unobstructed view, the first few rows or way back in economy are your choices.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:25 am

Booked a flight for next May from Rome to JFK in 772 refurb. What do you think the chances of the aircraft changing to a non refurb are? Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by thelister
Any updates regarding AA 175 to Japan?
I have this one (1) scheduled for next January. Seat map currently shows the 37J configuration. My only concern is a seat that does not shake. Would 7AL be stationary in this configuration as they are in the 45J set up?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
LAX NRT C coming up in November, any chance of that switching to 787 or cancelling that route altogether so we get put on HND flight?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by afrugal1
I have this one (1) scheduled for next January. Seat map currently shows the 37J configuration. My only concern is a seat that does not shake. Would 7AL be stationary in this configuration as they are in the 45J set up?
Yes.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Explorist, UA 1MM
Cool!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Man these zodiac seats suck. On AA235 now.SO seat control is down no way to reset it. And my seat is shaking non stop from those behind me. I can see why they switched manufacturers!
Old Aug 11, 2016, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by footastic
Man these zodiac seats suck. On AA235 now.SO seat control is down no way to reset it. And my seat is shaking non stop from those behind me. I can see why they switched manufacturers!
Hah!! The customer experience isn't why they switched manufacturers. It was because Zodiac couldn't produce the seats in a timely manner and was delaying deliveries. AA would have been happy to have these things flying around fleet-wide.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmd320
Hah!! The customer experience isn't why they switched manufacturers. It was because Zodiac couldn't produce the seats in a timely manner and was delaying deliveries. AA would have been happy to have these things flying around fleet-wide.
As if you know the actual details.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
As if you know the actual details.

So you're claiming that AA would have switched to the super diamond product even if Zodiac had been on time with deliveries of the POS pod?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Lol. It feels like someone grabs the seat and vigorously shakes it when someone gets up. Silly engineers. I actually like the touch controls but they keep going down. My seats locked into a bed and my SO has been upright. Oh well. Good thing it's a day flight that's only 8ish hours.

Also this bothers me

Why on earthen is it oriented that way. They would still be able to make it a controller and have the buttons upright when stowed lol

Last edited by footastic; Aug 11, 2016 at 7:07 am Reason: Added pic.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Oops. Duplicate
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond

So you're claiming that AA would have switched to the super diamond product even if Zodiac had been on time with deliveries of the POS pod?
That's not quite a fair comment to JonNYC IMO. If anyone knew more of the actual details, he'd be one of the posters here who would know.

For all we know, AA was not happy with the performance of the seat and could have used a contractual clause for the manufacturer to fix it if Zodiac was on time. Due to Zodiac's lateness (in breach of said contract), perhaps AA determined it was better to take the route they did rather than wait on late seats and likely a late fix from the manufacturer.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airb330
For all we know, AA was not happy with the performance of the seat and could have used a contractual clause for the manufacturer to fix it if Zodiac was on time. Due to Zodiac's lateness (in breach of said contract), perhaps AA determined it was better to take the route they did rather than wait on late seats and likely a late fix from the manufacturer.
AA designed that seat to meet their criteria. Mainly, to cram as many of them into a small space as possible. If they were not happy with the performance of it after installing it on a few aircraft, why continue? In hopes that one day Zodiac would have delivery issues they could capitalize on? Furthermore, do you really believe they wanted to have four different configurations of 772 flying around now, and three for the foreseeable future with different J products? The whole scenario screams incompetence on the part of Zodiac and inattention to detail on the part of AA.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:36 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by airb330
That's not quite a fair comment to JonNYC IMO. If anyone knew more of the actual details, he'd be one of the posters here who would know.

FWIW - Purser came by and apologised said that unfortunately the issues are common with the seats locking. Offered us 20000 miles each. The issues with these things must be pretty common to come out with an offer like that right away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.