Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Hi pH, very few 772s have been updated at this time. It is much more likely a 772 flight will be the older version. However, most of the updated 772s seem to be based in MIA so your flight has somewhat better odds of getting the new version.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by wl1001
FTers - appreciate your thoughts on this.

My wife and I + our toddler son (~2.5 years at time of travel) will be flying EZE-JFK on AA 954 (772 - new business class). I'm having a hard time figuring out the best 3 seats for us given all the conflicting reports out here regarding front vs rear facing, divider up or down, whether divider fixed or movable...

Wondering which is the better option and whether forward or rear cabin:

Option 1:
Two forward facing center + one window across the aisle (what we currently have - 9A, 9D, 9H))

Option 2:
Two rear facing center + one window across the aisle (e.g. 8A, 8D, 8H)

Option 3:
One window + one forward facing center + one rear facing center (e.g. 9A, 8D, 9D / or 1H, 2H, 1L)

Thank you for your help. Life is different since becoming a parent!
I just flew this plane. I was seated in 2D. From my seat, I was basically directly next to and could see at all times if I turned my head the person in 1A (rear facing). The dividers are fixed in the up position, so you have to kind of sit up and lean forward to see the person in 2H.

Hope this helps.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 2:59 pm

So I'm flying on the 772 next week, and currently have seat 7L - when looking at seatguru, it doesn't seem like you can "see" 7 H, as the two seats are facing in opposite directions. Is this actually the case? I chose 7L as I don't want to experience the movement of the seat, and I was tol that this was a stand alone seat.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by kthpence
So I'm flying on the 772 next week, and currently have seat 7L - when looking at seatguru, it doesn't seem like you can "see" 7 H, as the two seats are facing in opposite directions. Is this actually the case? I chose 7L as I don't want to experience the movement of the seat, and I was tol that this was a stand alone seat.
See post #127 above. I have flown in 7L and did not find 7H overly intrusive visually. I think it depends on seat position and angle. I'm a fan of 7L to avoid feeling my neighbor's movements.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by bosman
See post #127 above. I have flown in 7L and did not find 7H overly intrusive visually. I think it depends on seat position and angle. I'm a fan of 7L to avoid feeling my neighbor's movements.
Thanks for the response ... I've just heard conflicting info on 7L between FT and Seatguru, but I think I'll trust your judgement. People on Seatguru complained of smell from the Lavs, constant foot traffic, a slamming cabinet connected to the seat and staring at 7H ... all of that had me a bit worried, ha.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
Thanks for the response ... I've just heard conflicting info on 7L between FT and Seatguru, but I think I'll trust your judgement. People on Seatguru complained of smell from the Lavs, constant foot traffic, a slamming cabinet connected to the seat and staring at 7H ... all of that had me a bit worried, ha.
Seatguru complains about lavs and galley noise for just about every plane.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
Seatguru complains about lavs and galley noise for just about every plane.
Very true!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Gold, Kimpton Inner Circle
Shoulder Space Question

Do the forward or reverse facing seats differ in shoulder space? I have wide shoulders and like to toss and turn! I've picked 7A as its not connected to another seat. I'm mostly concerned with shoulder space with when lying flat, thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chrisk84
Do the forward or reverse facing seats differ in shoulder space? I have wide shoulders and like to toss and turn! I've picked 7A as its not connected to another seat. I'm mostly concerned with shoulder space with when lying flat, thanks!
I would stay where you are at. Rear facing seats have more shoulder room than front facing.

As an FYI, it will probably feel tight but would be worse in the forward facing seats.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Seat map for the "Low J" C37/Y252 configuration:

Currently only aircraft 7AP (N783AN) is configured this way and the full seat map doesn't seem to be available anywhere else online, unless you try to book a flight scheduled to be operated by this (so far) one-off aircraft.

Last edited by ThreeJulietTango; Apr 7, 2016 at 12:28 am Reason: Slightly revised seat map, corrected tail number
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:54 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisk84
Front facing have more shoulder room - so 12a or L would work...rear facing are tight.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:17 am

I just sat in 7L (pretty much the same seat at 7A), and didn't experience the rocking issue at all. The seat feels very private - I didn't feel like I was staring at the person in 7H, although she oddly kept staring at me... Still, I don't really understand the complaints about the setup - is the 77W better? Probably. But the 772 is still better than UA and DL international J, IMO.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 6:28 pm

Any consensus yet on best seats for a couple?

...perhaps with a lap child?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 7:02 pm

Same Situation, traveling to LHR, and have booked the 1D and 1H with a Lap child. Main concern is if the partition between 1D/H ( rear facing) is moveable. If not, does the 7D/H seat partition come down ?
Old Apr 9, 2016, 8:30 pm

Hi All,

Long time lurker here.

I booked an american airlines flight from BCN-MIA (AA113) on ba.com. At the time the aircraft was the old 777 and so I chose seats 11H and 11J.

The aircraft was subsequently changed to the low J version and I was able to get an aa agent to change the seats to 3H, 3L.

Recently the aircraft has reverted to the old 777 and this is the scenario:

1. I can see 3H, 3L on aa.com
2. The AA agents are seeing no seat assignments.
3. I see no seat assignment on ba.com
4. The BA agents are seeing 11H, 11J

What are my chances of ending up in the first cabin? If there is a chance, how should I approach this dilemma?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.