Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 4:09 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
Originally Posted by Longboater
Better chance it will become a Dreamliner flight again instead of a CIP 777.

Offtopic, if they switched 777 back to 787, what will happen to those who bought 777 first class ticket?
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ls

Offtopic, if they switched 777 back to 787, what will happen to those who bought 777 first class ticket?
Partial refund and miles compensation. I've heard a few times that those who used a J to F SWU got the SWU refunded and miles compensation.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 1:03 pm

Traveling with wifey and infant on the 777 200 to LHR
Have reserved the first row ( Reverse facing )
Is that the best choice or is the width of the seats in row 7 ( forward facing ) more?
Need the width as no Bassinet on the 777 200 in J ?
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EP
[QUOTE=sgasrock;26239702]I was told the same thing on a mia-jfk rum. Couldn't figure it out, either. It seems like it's supposed to go up and down.[/QUOTE
I believe they are *currently* locked in the up position. Something about the FAA didn't approve the divider or something like that. But anyways, you can't lower them.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by RaflW
Just home yesterday after a chance to try the 772 CIP in J. Flew MIA-GIG / GIG-MIA (connecting, originating MSP). My partner and I were in 3L/4L for both GIG flights.
Were you able to have a conversation in these two seats. I would prefer two windows if we can talk but am considering across the aisle also. I'm 6'2" and GF is 5'6" if that helps.

thanks
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:38 am

Choosing seats for my daughter and her fiance - they will be flying on their honeymoon.
She needs a window seat and wants to fly forward. It seems that they should fly window and aisle in order to see each other - correct?

Right now row 3 is wide open. Is one side preferable to the other? I see the lavs are on the A side, galley on L. So I would assume lav traffic an issue on A and galley noise could be an issue on L. Also I think he would have to be one row above hers in order for them to see each other if I have this right.

Thanks!

Last edited by CherylD; Mar 6, 2016 at 6:54 am
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Got done with 7L and overall was pleased with the seat. The only issue I had was that you are kind of looking at 7H the entire time you're up right which is a little awkward. The cabin lighting was modern and cool. I think AA has gotten it right with these seats (minus the connected seat issue which I still can't believe they didn't notice or fix this in the design process.)
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Originally Posted by CherylD
She needs a window seat and wants to fly forward. It seems that they should fly window and aisle in order to see each other - correct?

Right now row 3 is wide open. Is one side preferable to the other? I see the lavs are on the A side, galley on L. So I would assume lav traffic an issue on A and galley noise could be an issue on L. Also I think he would have to be one row above hers in order for them to see each other if I have this right.

Thanks!
CherylD, I sat in 1L and had no issue with noise, light, or disruptive traffic from the galley, and I had a very good view of the random person in 1H. 3L/3H would suit your (or your daughter's and new son-in-law's) purposes well, I'd think.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by turnleftbrighteyes
CherylD, I sat in 1L and had no issue with noise, light, or disruptive traffic from the galley, and I had a very good view of the random person in 1H. 3L/3H would suit your (or your daughter's and new son-in-law's) purposes well, I'd think.
Perfect! Thank you!!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:56 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Thoughts on a few seats

I flew the 77D JFK-LHR-JFK over the last couple of weeks with a BA777-200 and 744 in between. FWIW, my thoughts:

12L - AA 777D: The winner - front facing - fairly similar to the AA 777-300 seats. - generally
62A - BA 744: UD Exit Row - rear facing....I rank this seat number two for the bins for easy access to storage and for leg room. For the record I'm not in love with this seat (it's narrow and you face your neighbor until after the safety briefing is over)
5A - AA 77D: #3: I am 5'10" - my feet were hitting the wall when fully reclined. I'm not sure yet if this is true of all the rear facing seats - or if they cheated by a few inches to make space for the Handicapped Bathroom just beyond it.
15A - BA777-200: Rear facing - last row - no need to climb over your neighbor...without the bins of the 744- this is just a plain old narrow seat...although leg room is superior to 5A above...
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Anyone could please advise whether seat 1L is a good one if travelling solo?
All "L" seats currently available except 12L. It will be my first time on AA long-haul.

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
81romeo, I've sat in that seat as a solo traveler. It's fine. (I posted legroom shots and what-not in one of the 77D threads.) I wasn't bothered by any galley noise; there's no WC in the front on that side, so there's very little foot traffic, aside from the crew, but they go past at least enough that-- if it's a good crew-- they'll notice and you'll get refills, etc. It's not terribly private in the sense that you can pretty easily see 1H (or whatever seat is across the aisle). I'm not sure if the rear-facing window seats are any more private.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:59 pm

Traveling with toddler - best 3 seats in AA 77D refurb J?

FTers - appreciate your thoughts on this.

My wife and I + our toddler son (~2.5 years at time of travel) will be flying EZE-JFK on AA 954 (772 - new business class). I'm having a hard time figuring out the best 3 seats for us given all the conflicting reports out here regarding front vs rear facing, divider up or down, whether divider fixed or movable...

Wondering which is the better option and whether forward or rear cabin:

Option 1:
Two forward facing center + one window across the aisle (what we currently have - 9A, 9D, 9H))

Option 2:
Two rear facing center + one window across the aisle (e.g. 8A, 8D, 8H)

Option 3:
One window + one forward facing center + one rear facing center (e.g. 9A, 8D, 9D / or 1H, 2H, 1L)

Thank you for your help. Life is different since becoming a parent!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo
Anyone could please advise whether seat 1L is a good one if travelling solo?
All "L" seats currently available except 12L. It will be my first time on AA long-haul.

Cheers.
Any luck on this? Interested to find out the best solo traveller seats as well.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:29 am
pH

Programs: AA EXP
Hello all,

I noticed this week that a '77W' has been changed to a '772' for an upcoming LHR-MIA flight this October. Given the delay in the refit and based on collective experience, I was wondering what the chances might be that:

a) American is using the updated version as a wishful placeholder, and the flight will actually be operated by an old-style J seat '777'-200?

b) There will be a last minute equipment swap for the old version?

Of course, I realize there are many unknowns at this point given the Zodiac replacement situation and the fact that the flight is six months away.

Thank you in advance for any information or guidance you can provide!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.