Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
77D, seat 1L

I flew on the 77D recently, and I found the seat to be very comfortable. It helped that the crew on this flight was really good, so in all, it was a nicer experience than the 77W a couple of months ago. And it's certainly a better seat than on the refurbed 763.

Anyway: I was in 1L. I wasn't disturbed by noise or light from the galley at all (again, this was a great crew, so no loud talking or the like).

I also wasn't really bothered by movement of the seat. Granted, I'm not a huge person, and the guy in 2L didn't appear to be that big either and it was a night flight so maybe he was asleep the entire time, but it wasn't an issue for me.

This seat also didn't have the coffin-like feel of the 763 when in bed mode. The photos below show the legroom when seated and then the bed fully reclined with the screen out (I think that's Black Mass on the screen). I'd guess if you're over 6', it will be cramped.

For couples, sitting across the aisle from each other might actually be the best, e.g., 1H/1L. In this respect, the 77D is much less private than the 77W, where I couldn't see the person across the aisle, but on the 77D I think it'd be pretty easy to have a (soft!) conversation and see your companion. Since I wasn't traveling with the person in 1H, that was less than ideal for me. But it's still better than the 763.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:56 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
State of the seat (2/2/2016): 10 of 47 retrofitted; expect ~23-24 to get the current retrofit / CIP Zodiac seat. The remainder will receive a seat yet to be selected from a manufacturer "should be selected soon" that "even better than what we see today," and will be installed on the A350 and 787-9.

From Brian Sumers' blog <link> 2/2/2016:

"Our goal is to have lie-flats on widebodies systemwide over the next year to year and a half," Fern Fernandez, American's vice president of global marketing, told me at the end of January. "We will catch up."

"We are just not far enough through [the retrofit] now," Andrew Nocella, American's chief marketing officer, told me. "We are disappointed by that. We are committed to getting it going as quickly as possible. It's hard to change an aircraft program midstream but in this particular case it was necessary."
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
777-200 V2 Business class - which seats for couples?

Wife and I will be flying on the "newer" two cabin configured 777-200 (V2). Having not flown this one yet is there a recommendation on which pair of seats would be best for us? We actually enjoy traveling together (lol) so trying to figure out which would give us most access to each other.

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1.97MM
In Business class, some planes the middle "wall" don't go down, others do..
If you are flying business and get the middle row with the fixed "wall" it is difficult even to talk with the person in your side
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:11 pm

Right now I've selected middle row rear facing - figure it puts our heads closest together for easiest conversation (assuming wall will go down)
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Er, class of service? J, MCE or MC?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:35 pm

Business class from LHR to LGA
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...eat-seats.html
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Er, class of service? J, MCE or MC?
Originally Posted by air360
Ahh, my iPad! I can now read titles, etc...
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by air360
Uh...good luck with that one.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Any suggestions between 7A or 7L? It's EZE-JFK so the window thing isn't an issue since this is an overnight flight.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Any suggestions between 7A or 7L? It's EZE-JFK so the window thing isn't an issue since this is an overnight flight.
I've flown both. There's really no difference. If you pick 7A you'll disembark quicker. I'd probably choose the seat based on which side you sleep on. If you sleep on your right side, take 7A. If you sleep on your left side take 7L. (The rear facing seats are quite private, though so even if you do sleep facing the aisle, it's really not that bad.)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Djokison
I've flown both. There's really no difference. If you pick 7A you'll disembark quicker. I'd probably choose the seat based on which side you sleep on. If you sleep on your right side, take 7A. If you sleep on your left side take 7L. (The rear facing seats are quite private, though so even if you do sleep facing the aisle, it's really not that bad.)
Many thanks! Happy to see these aren't "connected" to anyone else. That drove me crazy on the 788 (before I knew there were connected seats in general).
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
Divider between J seats on new 772

I recently flew JFK-GIG in J on a retrofitted 772 with a companion. We sat in middle forward facing seats. There is a divider between the seats which I could move up/down about an inch, and everything about the design suggested that I could put it down all the way so that I could see my companion. However, the FA said that the divider does *not* go down. Nothing I did would make it go down.

This seems like a such a bad design that, frankly, I don't believe the FA was correct. Is anyone aware of a way to put the divider down??
Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:55 pm

I was told the same thing on a mia-jfk rum. Couldn't figure it out, either. It seems like it's supposed to go up and down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.