Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I swear we put it down but I don't remember how.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:27 am

On yesterday's LHR-JFK flight the FA (very friendly purser) said they couldn't figure out any pattern to which seats had dividers up and which had them down, and that none could be moved. None of the dividers in the forward section of business were down.

On our JFK-LHR flight in the rear section of business, the forward facing seats had dividers down and the rear had them up.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Ok, I need a bit of confirmation here;

Daytime LHR-JFK on the re-fit 772 in Business Class flying solo. I have selected 2L rear-facing window seat.

The cabin is wide open so my question is what is the best seat for a daytime (less interested in sleep) flight for someone who enjoys looking out the window? The rear-face seats have better window views correct?

And is 2L the best for this or is another seat better? Thank you!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by thexfactor
Huh?
2) So, all forward-facing seats have divider up and all rear-facing seats have divider down?

In any event, can someone clarify? I will be flying as a couple on the 77D, and it seems like my best bet is two rear-facing seats in the rear cabin, but would like to clarify.
Bumpo. Consensus on this issue remains elusive it seems.

On the 772, which seats have dividers that go down?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by thexfactor
Bumpo. Consensus on this issue remains elusive it seems.

On the 772, which seats have dividers that go down?
Flew on LHR-JFK the other day. I was very ANNOYED that the divider didn't go down on the rear facing seats in the second business cabin. I had read and re-read all the posts on this thread a bunch of times and felt confident I should choose rear-facing so the divider would go down. Alas, the forward-facing seats had the divider down, but not the rear-facing. I didn't say anything of course, but there was another guy in another set of rear-facing seats who was furious and caused a big commotion and said he wanted to go on the next flight because this was a special trip he was making with his wife and he was assured they could see each other in these seats. He ended up not wanting to wait until the next flight. I think he was CK because he was met by an AA staffer who helped him get his luggage.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:22 pm

On Nov 15 I quoted AA to the effect that front facing seats had dividers that go down and rear had dividers up. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25716938-post44.html

I had thought this confirmed when I flew in the second business cabin and all the forward facing seats had dividers down and rear facing had dividers up.

However, in another flight in the first business cabin, all of the dividers were up.

The purser said there was no pattern to which seats had dividers up or down, which I interpreted to mean different planes had different configurations. She also said they were supposed to go up and down, but no one had figured out how to move them. You'd think AA would fix them so they move.

Last edited by richarddd; Feb 25, 2016 at 4:28 pm
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:01 pm

Now I'm confused. I'm flying on a 772 with my wife and picked forward facing seats in the front cabin thinking the divider would be down. Is the consensus:
front cabin = all up
rear cabin = forward facing down, rear facing up
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the consensus was to take seats across the aisle from each other, one forward and one backward, so you can look in each others eyes.

Seems to me that the center seats are either angled away from one another, or angled toward each other but too far away to have any convenient contact.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:37 pm

From my reading of this thread, there are three reports of experience with dividers for center seats:

1) "in the rear cabin (forward facing:divider up, rear-facing: divider down) and the other way around in the forward cabin: odd-numbered rows (forward-facing) have the divider up, even-numbered (rear-facing) rows have it down" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26085474-post81.html

2) "the divider didn't go down on the rear facing seats in the second business cabin" http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26244141-post110.html

3) "in the second business cabin and all the forward facing seats had dividers down and rear facing had dividers up. ... in another flight in the first business cabin, all of the dividers were up." http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26244226-post111.html

For the rear cabin, that's one forward divider up and two rear divider up. For the front cabin, that's one mixed and one all up.

Either at least one of these is inaccurate or different planes have different divider configurations, which would be consistent with a statement quoted by the purser in the third link.

Have I missed a report regarding dividers for the center seats?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by geo1005
Ok, I need a bit of confirmation here;

Daytime LHR-JFK on the re-fit 772 in Business Class flying solo. I have selected 2L rear-facing window seat.

The cabin is wide open so my question is what is the best seat for a daytime (less interested in sleep) flight for someone who enjoys looking out the window? The rear-face seats have better window views correct?

And is 2L the best for this or is another seat better? Thank you!
Sat in 2L a few weeks ago. Window views were good.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
I was told that there was a FAA certification issue with the dividers, so they're not going to be moving for the foreseeable future. Yes, I know there are other planes with other seat designs that have dividers that go up and down, but the FAA has to certify every single piece of the design (and this is a new design). Apparently the decision was made to install the seats with dividers fixed.

Either way, it's one more problem with Zodiac - I'm *floored* that any other airline would select a Zodiac product after all these problems: delivery delays that cause new airframes to have to be parked, compromised seat functionality, and the unfortunate wiggling issue...
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by econ
Sat in 2L a few weeks ago. Window views were good.
Thank you for the reply! I'll stick with 2L. ^
Old Feb 28, 2016, 2:55 pm

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
12A or 12L

Any real world experience with 12A or 12L.

These would appear from seatguru not be attached, are forward facing (so you don't look at economy) and I suspect don't have the window issue of 7a/l.

Other than service I assume being slow - any downside to speak of for these two seats?
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:35 pm
ls

Programs: MR PLT, HLT DIA
any change PVG-LAX will get the retrofit 777 end of this year?...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by ls
any change PVG-LAX will get the retrofit 777 end of this year?...
Better chance it will become a Dreamliner flight again instead of a CIP 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.