Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:52 pm

Trying to make the best decision for seats for my fiance and I for our wedding/honeymoon trip from MIA to CDG. We'd like to be able to converse, but it is an overnight flight so I imagine we'll be sleeping more than chatting. I've waded through the Wiki and thinking 8 H & L will be best? I had us down for 9D & H, but the divider issue makes me wary. Advice on which is the best fit?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Aadvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by eberky
Trying to make the best decision for seats for my fiance and I for our wedding/honeymoon trip from MIA to CDG. We'd like to be able to converse, but it is an overnight flight so I imagine we'll be sleeping more than chatting. I've waded through the Wiki and thinking 8 H & L will be best? I had us down for 9D & H, but the divider issue makes me wary. Advice on which is the best fit?
Well, I think the challenge is that at least for AA62, the route uses all 3 planes
(https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/aa62)
(https://sites.google.com/site/newame...eing-777-200er)
So you don't know which plane you're going to get or which seating arrangement.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by eberky
Select seats which are not "connected" to others. Get some sleep. Talk when you get to CDG.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:04 am

Well after reading all 24 pages of this thread and likewise doing far too many Google searches of photos and comments, I can't seem to quite figure out... 7A and 7L, I know they have a single window "behind" you, but can you actually see out of it?

I'm tempted to snag row 7 on an upcoming flight to avoid the possibility of seat movement/shaking as it's an overnight flight to MAD, but watching the world go by out the window particularly during take off and landing is something I love (particularly snapping photos and/or video).

Looking at the 1 or 2 pictures I've been able to find, it's hard to tell if there's a possible line of site when you're sitting (in the upright position) albeit with what I would assume is some twisting a la VS, etc. to see out or is that one window truly completely behind the headrest when in the seated/upright position? If anyone has a photo from their travels in 7A or 7L from a seated position (instead of looking down at it from in the aisle), would love to see to get a feel for the reality of it and decide whether or not to move (currently in 3L)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by pmanchuk
Well after reading all 24 pages of this thread and likewise doing far too many Google searches of photos and comments, I can't seem to quite figure out... 7A and 7L, I know they have a single window "behind" you, but can you actually see out of it?

I'm tempted to snag row 7 on an upcoming flight to avoid the possibility of seat movement/shaking as it's an overnight flight to MAD, but watching the world go by out the window particularly during take off and landing is something I love (particularly snapping photos and/or video).

Looking at the 1 or 2 pictures I've been able to find, it's hard to tell if there's a possible line of site when you're sitting (in the upright position) albeit with what I would assume is some twisting a la VS, etc. to see out or is that one window truly completely behind the headrest when in the seated/upright position? If anyone has a photo from their travels in 7A or 7L from a seated position (instead of looking down at it from in the aisle), would love to see to get a feel for the reality of it and decide whether or not to move (currently in 3L)
It's difficult to look out of the window when your seat is in the upright position. It's not entirely blocked by any means, but it does require some contorting and holding a position that won't be very comfortable for more than a minute. (if that)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:01 pm

What is the status of the dividers between the middle seats? I see that AA has fixed them on the 788 so they move up and down. Is it still a hit and miss proposition on the 772 as to their position and ability to raise or lower?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:22 pm

Well interestingly enough, I went online to swap seats and AA is now showing the seat map without the alternating direction of the seats... so I'm not sure if they're intention is to put a super diamond equipped aircraft on the MIA-MAD route or what. Granted it's almost 2 months out so a lot can change in that time, but I figure it's probably safest to still grab 7a and just see what happens.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Looks like I'll be on one of these birds in a couple weeks and am having the same consideration; I remember reading Djokinson's post 83 a while back and that's giving me pause. I'm on a daytime flight and although I usually have the shades down, I always prefer having a view during takeoff/landing.

I may just elect for a different seat and hope I don't decide to sleep (or that if I do, I won't get bothered).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Well interestingly enough, I went online to swap seats and AA is now showing the seat map without the alternating direction of the seats... so I'm not sure if they're intention is to put a super diamond equipped aircraft on the MIA-MAD route or what. Granted it's almost 2 months out so a lot can change in that time, but I figure it's probably safest to still grab 7a and just see what happens.

mine is showing the same too for 3rd Aug HNL-DFW
Old May 2, 2017, 9:04 am

Best option for couple travelling together

What seats would be best for a couple travelling together? We are flying DFW - OGG. The rear-facing seats sound like they might be, but having the divider permanently raised would make talking difficult. Would it be better to have one window and one middle seat? Or better to just have two window seats?

I'm concerned about what I'm hearing about the connecting chairs moving too.

Last edited by Baylor92; May 2, 2017 at 9:17 am Reason: added flight information
Old May 2, 2017, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Baylor92
What seats would be best for a couple travelling together? We are flying DFW - OGG. The rear-facing seats sound like they might be, but having the divider permanently raised would make talking difficult. Would it be better to have one window and one middle seat? Or better to just have two window seats?

I'm concerned about what I'm hearing about the connecting chairs moving too.
Each of you takes an unconnected seat. Enjoy your flight. Talk when you get there.
Old May 2, 2017, 11:40 am

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
Quick Seat Help Request - 777 V2

Advanced thanks for any guidance on this question. I have done my homework and I am torn; thus, my request for help.

I am traveling LAX-LHR on the overnight with my 7 year old, currently booked in Seats 3A and 4A

But it dawned on me that I should be across the aisle from my kid rather than behind or in front of.

I have a chance to snag 5H and 5L which appear to be quasi-facing each other - and it may give my kid more comfort rather than feeling alone in their seat

Make sense?

Appreciate any feedback ...
Old May 26, 2017, 4:51 pm

For a couple wanting forward facing seats in the middle (DH), which would be the best row?

JFK-LHR, 772 with both forward and rear facing seats.
Old May 27, 2017, 1:35 am

Traveling DFW-FRA in August on a 772. DH and I plus a 15 month old lap child. Currently booked 1D, 1H. Will we like this? Wondering about noise from lav and galley and the divider issue. ? Also wondering if this is a good spot for us to NOT bother others with the infant the best we can. Thanks.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Deanne Wagner
Traveling DFW-FRA in August on a 772. DH and I plus a 15 month old lap child. Currently booked 1D, 1H. Will we like this? Wondering about noise from lav and galley and the divider issue. ? Also wondering if this is a good spot for us to NOT bother others with the infant the best we can. Thanks.
You've made a good choice. Galley and lav noise not a big issue up there. No way to tell about whether the divider will be up or down, but your heads will be close to each other no matter what. It's wonderfully quiet in the front.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.