Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:35 am

777 HNL to DFW first/biz seat recommendation

Our flight from HNL to DFW in April 2018 was changed from 767 to 777-200 - 36 seats in first/business. I cannot tell if this plane with the Zodiac seats or the other mfgr? But they are front and rear facing. If still the Zodiac which seats would be the ones (for 2 of us) with the least amount of "jostling" from other passengers?

Last edited by PASSPORTINHAND; Aug 12, 2017 at 7:47 am
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by PASSPORTINHAND
Our flight from HNL to DFW in April 2018 was changed from 767 to 777-200 - 36 seats in first/business. I cannot tell if this plane with the Zodiac seats or the other mfgr? But they are front and rear facing. If still the Zodiac which seats would be the ones (for 2 of us) with the least amount of "jostling" from other passengers?
Please review the Wikipost at the top of the page here, where we have moved your post to.

/Moderator
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:49 pm

Am sitting on N757AN at JFK right now. (Some instrument went mechanical while we were on runway waiting to take off; have returned to gate & we're now >75 mins behind schedule. But I digress....)

Can confirm that the 1D/1H divider is adjustable up/down. Going by the instruction labels, the others are as well.
hurnik and econometrics like this.

Last edited by beltway; Sep 9, 2017 at 5:24 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
AA908 5A+5B (window+aisle) early Dec 2017;
If possible, please post-link to current seat map showing desirability;
Thanks in advance. ^ ^ ^
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
AA908 5A+5B (window+aisle) early Dec 2017;
If possible, please post-link to current seat map showing desirability;
Thanks in advance. ^ ^ ^
There is no 5B on this flight - do you mean 5D?

Anyway, my recollection is that 4A lines up better with 5D than 5A does – in my experience the A seats seem to be misnumbered due to a closet where 1A ought to be. Combined with the forward / rearward facing issue, its hard to imagine a window / aisle pair that would make you feel like a couple.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
1L / 2L any good

Flying AA from DFW-OGG. The seat maps are not loaded on the AA website but a phone call has booked us into 1L/2L. Travelling as a couple but prefer window seats and privacy, so given these seats. Are they ok since never travelled on AA 772.
I am aware of the shaking issue due to the faulty seat fittings, but my other half is used to it
Any thoughts if I should change these?

Last edited by Dselvan; Oct 14, 2017 at 5:18 am Reason: spelling
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Yes, 5D, sorry.
But now switched to 3D+3H (2 record locators)
Can still change again -- see availability below.
Map below does not match OP maps...?
Any reason to choose front part busn vs. back part?
What available window combines best with available aisle...?

http://photosphotos.net/AA908.jpg
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
We're a party of four traveling on the 772 with the Zodiac Concept D seats on GIG-JFK next year. We all prefer window seats and don't need to interact much with each other; as it's an overnight flight, sleeping will be the main priority. While I've had a fair bit of experience as a solo traveler in these seats (would default to 7AL or 12AL to eliminate the seat-to-seat motion effect), I've never traveled with others in these seats and would appreciate some guidance as to which seats to pick:

(1) 1L - 4L: quieter front cabin but 1L potentially suffering from galley light and noise pollution--I've seen a few anecdotal posts upthread that this isn't an issue (or much less of one than in 5A or 6L), but the galley proximity still has me wary.

(2) 2L - 5L: avoids the galley proximity issue with 1L, but 2L and 5L are "connected" to strangers in 1L and 6L, respectively.

(3) 2A - 5A: 5A seems to be worse for galley proximity than 1L, but you do have the larger disabled pax lav on the A side.

(4) 7A - 10A: rear cabin is potentially noisier due to engine and Y class proximity and gets served slightly later; 7A benefits from not being connected to another seat, whereas 10A is connected to a stranger in 11A.

(5) 7AL 8AL: two unconnected seats, but split up across the aisle; same points about the rear cabin above.

(6) Other combinations people may have in mind?

Any thoughts, experiences, or musings would be appreciated!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
We're a party of four traveling on the 772 with the Zodiac Concept D seats on GIG-JFK next year. We all prefer window seats and don't need to interact much with each other; as it's an overnight flight, sleeping will be the main priority. While I've had a fair bit of experience as a solo traveler in these seats (would default to 7AL or 12AL to eliminate the seat-to-seat motion effect), I've never traveled with others in these seats and would appreciate some guidance as to which seats to pick:

(1) 1L - 4L: quieter front cabin but 1L potentially suffering from galley light and noise pollution--I've seen a few anecdotal posts upthread that this isn't an issue (or much less of one than in 5A or 6L), but the galley proximity still has me wary.

(2) 2L - 5L: avoids the galley proximity issue with 1L, but 2L and 5L are "connected" to strangers in 1L and 6L, respectively.

(3) 2A - 5A: 5A seems to be worse for galley proximity than 1L, but you do have the larger disabled pax lav on the A side.

(4) 7A - 10A: rear cabin is potentially noisier due to engine and Y class proximity and gets served slightly later; 7A benefits from not being connected to another seat, whereas 10A is connected to a stranger in 11A.

(5) 7AL 8AL: two unconnected seats, but split up across the aisle; same points about the rear cabin above.

(6) Other combinations people may have in mind?
Bump. Any thoughts, experiences, or musings would be appreciated!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, AA Gold
Since it's been a few years since these seats were rolled out, I just want to verify:
- The "rocking" connected seats issue still has not been resolved.
- The center dividers are still unlikely to be functioning.

Is this right?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
Is Reuthermonkey right?

How can you tell if your flight has the rocking seats? I am flying FCO-DFW in April.
Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I flow a 772 v3 with Zodiac last week (N765AN) and I can confirm the rocking connected seats still has not been resolved.
hurnik likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by NDtraveler
Is Reuthermonkey right?

How can you tell if your flight has the rocking seats? I am flying FCO-DFW in April.
Thanks!
If your flight has 45 J seats (J goes up to row 12), then you will certainly have the rocky Zodiac seats. If it has 37 J seats (J goes up to row 10), then you have a 6/34 (~17.5%) chance of getting the rocky Zodiac seats, with virtually no way to tell for sure until you step on board.
jcatman and 747FC like this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Ent PLT
Does anyone know if the center dividers have been fixed? I would prefer the rear facing seats for my wife and I but if the divider is going to be locked up I might switch us to forward
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
dkc192,

I forgot to say thanks! Also, do you know if the number (6) is planning to drop? 17.5% is great but our flight isn't until April and I wonder if it will drop more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.