Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2017, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
You've made a good choice. Galley and lav noise not a big issue up there. No way to tell about whether the divider will be up or down, but your heads will be close to each other no matter what. It's wonderfully quiet in the front.

Thanks! That makes me feel better. Already anxious about traveling so long with a 15 month old.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:17 pm

Ugh, AA just changed out our nice 767-300 middle row seats (7D and 7G) with a 777-200 (the 10-row FC), and all the FC seats are taken and the computer re-assigned to 8A and 8D). Grrrr.

This was Flight #7 on 2/2/18 and now it's Flight #119 (same date) from DFW to OGG.

I believe this is "version 3" (from Seat Guru)?. Do I have the correct forum for this aircraft?

My math counts 37 FC Seats, according to AA when I try to change seats (got the email notification a few minutes ago, and all seats are taken, so can't change).
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by hurnik

I believe this is "version 3" (from Seat Guru)?. Do I have the correct forum for this aircraft?
Yes
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:29 pm

Yes
Thanks, so I'm guessing that the 2 major issues still persist?

1) Seat divider (now that we're seated apart, I guess it'll be an issue for whichever of us is in the middle seat) is either up/down and can't be changed?

2) Connected seats (middle seats, not in rows 1 or 7) still have movement issues?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 1:46 pm

Thanks, so I'm guessing that the 2 major issues still persist?

1) Seat divider (now that we're seated apart, I guess it'll be an issue for whichever of us is in the middle seat) is either up/down and can't be changed?

2) Connected seats (middle seats, not in rows 1 or 7) still have movement issues?
The "wiki" indicates that a few planes have "repaired" dividers. You may get lucky by the time February 2018 rolls around.

8A and 8D (your seats) are connected to other seats, and are subject to the movement issues.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 2:43 pm

The "wiki" indicates that a few planes have "repaired" dividers. You may get lucky by the time February 2018 rolls around.

8A and 8D (your seats) are connected to other seats, and are subject to the movement issues.
Thanks again. Hopefully either AA puts the 767 back in service (looks like both our outbound and return flights the 767 flights just were all-out cancelled). Never got a notice for the HNL to DFW route on 2/19/18, so I was fortunate that I accidentally just checked, and sure enough, 777 as well. At least on that flight, was able to get us moved from 10A/D to 7D/7H. I'm fairly certain those don't have connected movement issues, although we may get stuck with an "up" divider. (Seriously, whose the idiot at AA that picked these seat designs?)
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:17 pm

Thanks again. Hopefully either AA puts the 767 back in service (looks like both our outbound and return flights the 767 flights just were all-out cancelled). Never got a notice for the HNL to DFW route on 2/19/18, so I was fortunate that I accidentally just checked, and sure enough, 777 as well. At least on that flight, was able to get us moved from 10A/D to 7D/7H. I'm fairly certain those don't have connected movement issues, although we may get stuck with an "up" divider. (Seriously, whose the idiot at AA that picked these seat designs?)
7D and 7H could have the movement issues. If you want a solid seat with the potential to relax and sleep, select 7A and 7L. After a long vacation in Hawaii, you can sit apart and enjoy the long flight back to reality.....
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:30 pm

7D and 7H could have the movement issues. If you want a solid seat with the potential to relax and sleep, select 7A and 7L. After a long vacation in Hawaii, you can sit apart and enjoy the long flight back to reality.....
Ah, thank you. For some reason I thought, that these seats being behind the divider wouldn't be connected at the head. But they are.

Although rumor has it that the 777 has satellite wifi? (or is that only on the other 777 config?)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Recently flew this config for the first time; I opted for 3A to try a connected seat as it was a daytime flight and I did not plan on sleeping. The movement issue with the connected seats is absolutely awful. I could feel the movement from my neighbor throughout the flight, and it is not at all subtle/insubstantial. If I were planning on sleeping, I'd never take this config unless I were in an unconnected seat.

Although rumor has it that the 777 has satellite wifi? (or is that only on the other 777 config?)
In the wiki of the main thread for this config ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html ), wifi is mentioned so I'm assuming all frames with this config have it. It worked well on my recent flight.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by gengar
Recently flew this config for the first time; I opted for 3A to try a connected seat as it was a daytime flight and I did not plan on sleeping. The movement issue with the connected seats is absolutely awful. I could feel the movement from my neighbor throughout the flight, and it is not at all subtle/insubstantial. If I were planning on sleeping, I'd never take this config unless I were in an unconnected seat.

In the wiki of the main thread for this config ( http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html ), wifi is mentioned so I'm assuming all frames with this config have it. It worked well on my recent flight.
thanks for the info. Ugh, about the connected seats.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Sorry, I have not read all 25 pages. New to AA. Can someone kindly explain why Seat Guru lists the J seats on the 772 V2 and V3 as having width between 21 and 26 inches? Do the seat arms retract?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Sorry, I have not read all 25 pages. New to AA. Can someone kindly explain why Seat Guru lists the J seats on the 772 V2 and V3 as having width between 21 and 26 inches? Do the seat arms retract?

Thanks in advance!
I'm not 100% sure but if you look at the pictures/youtube images of the 772 FC seats, you'll notice that they taper towards the top (like an "A" sort of vs. being the same consistent width like a "U" in a typical FC seat).

Some people indicate that if you have broad shoulders it can be a little tight, but that the rear facing seats seem to offer more shoulder width.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
7L window is unusable in seated position. You have to lie flat to look out it. I assume that's also true of 7A leaving only row one A and L being desirable?

my wife said the motion issue in 8L wasn't too bad, making me think it had the stiffeners put in. (109 lhr-lax on 6/14)

Last edited by beachfan; Jun 14, 2017 at 8:56 pm
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
7L window is unusable in seated position. You have to lie flat to look out it. I assume that's also true of 7A leaving only row one A and L being desirable?

my wife said the motion issue in L wasn't too bad, making me think it had the stiffeners put in. (109 lhr-lax on 6/14)
7L and 7A were never connected, so there was nothing to fix or "stiffen".
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I really liked 7L on my trip to/from EZE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.