Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I agree, crew rest most likely. Unlike BA, AA don't AFAIK block seats for their EXPs. Now CK - maybe, but I'm not aware of that either. For now, at least, AA hasn't followed BA in reserving seats for last minute BAEC Gold member bookings (and nor do they charge non-elites in J/F for the privilege of selecting their seats prior to OLCI). Lets' not give them any clever ideas

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
They like to block 1A or 1L for crew rest. Not sure what dictates which one though.
Originally Posted by jk156
Hi,

Regular BAEC flyer, first time doing long-haul with AA in J next week.

I'm booked on a JFK-LHR service which I'm pretty clear will be a 45J Zodiac configuration. I'd have a preference for a window seat but at the moment seat map is showing nothing available. Expertflyer, though, is showing 1A as blocked rather than occupied. Is this blocked for premium pax (Exec Plat?), and if so any idea if it's possible to request it as a OWE?

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Had a trawl through the forum but not found a solid answer so apologies for the obvious question -

Flying AA101 on a 772 in September and trying to work out best seats for a couple. Seems rear facing is the way to go in the centre but are the dividers locked up on these seats? If that's the case we will probably go for window seats instead. If anyone has particular recommendations of centre seats the cabin is fairly free so would love to hear them.

I also am not reading so much about the vibration issue - is this still a problem to worry about?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by obduro
Had a trawl through the forum but not found a solid answer so apologies for the obvious question -

Flying AA101 on a 772 in September and trying to work out best seats for a couple. Seems rear facing is the way to go in the centre but are the dividers locked up on these seats? If that's the case we will probably go for window seats instead. If anyone has particular recommendations of centre seats the cabin is fairly free so would love to hear them.

I also am not reading so much about the vibration issue - is this still a problem to worry about?

Thanks in advance!
There’s no telling until you board. The privacy dividers are not passenger operatable, so they’re set up or down on the ground. Some have reported all up, others all down, but most often they alternate up or down but there’s no pattern.

The “Motion over the ocean” has not been repaired, AFAIK.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts relating to the 787-8 have been moved to that thread. /Moderator
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by JDiver
There’s no telling until you board. The privacy dividers are not passenger operatable, so they’re set up or down on the ground. Some have reported all up, others all down, but most often they alternate up or down but there’s no pattern.

The “Motion over the ocean” has not been repaired, AFAIK.
Thanks very much! Might take a window pair and see if there are any seats on board in the centre with dividers down in that case.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
The privacy dividers are not passenger operatable, so they’re set up or down on the ground. Some have reported all up, others all down, but most often they alternate up or down but there’s no pattern.
Is this for certain? I flew the Zodiacs a lot in late 2016 / early 2017 and was always able to lower and raise the dividers myself throughout the flight.

Haven't had a Zodiac frame in the past 16 months or so, though.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA, onePass
Dfw-hnl 8/20

Just checked in for Flight 123 for tomorrow...Seat Map changed to show notches on some seats. I assume this plane now has the Zodiac seat. I had been seated in 3A which I assume in rear-facing. 1 L was available so I switched my seat assuming it will be forward facing....what I don’t know is ....will it have a window... I’ve looked at many threads and reviews but can’t seem to find information.

I know this is a small concern but I’d like to know if there is a window.

Thank you in advance
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nalismom
Just checked in for Flight 123 for tomorrow...Seat Map changed to show notches on some seats. I assume this plane now has the Zodiac seat. I had been seated in 3A which I assume in rear-facing. 1 L was available so I switched my seat assuming it will be forward facing....what I don’t know is ....will it have a window... I’ve looked at many threads and reviews but can’t seem to find information.

Thank you in advance
I have no idea about the types of seats, but I'm on the same flight.. 2L. See you on board!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:05 am

...thank you..
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
1L has a window. At least that I can remember. Being a plane nerd, I look out a lot and I do not remember there not being one.

Enjoy your flight.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Remember to choose the left side of the aircraft if you want to watch the arrival into HNL, since most of the time the landing is to the east.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I have no idea about the types of seats, but I'm on the same flight.. 2L. See you on board!
teemuflyer and nalismom: your seats are "connected"; that means when one of you rocks, your neighbor rolls.

Enjoy your vacations.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nalismom

Thank you in advance
I didn’t think any of the Zodiac 772s had been refurbed with PE yet? That’s why all of the DFW Hawai’i flights have been with the B/Es since they’ve been refitted with PE.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:16 pm

That’s strange then because the seat map changed this am...before today seats were solid blue squares and today notches appeared on certain seats.

I didn’t think there was PE on this flight either but it’s been awhile since I booked. Today I noticed PE.

My original seat was 3A....until today when th new seatmap appeared and I looked at other flights this week and on that side 3 A was facing backwards so I switched.

Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
They sold this flight a week ago with PE, when I bought my tickets..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.