Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2015, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WindowSeatFlyer
NOTE: Discussion here is for the Boeing 777-200ERs refitted with the Zodiac "Concept D" Business Suite (forward and aft facing seats) only.
See the (unofficial) American Fleet Site list for configuration by registration numbers here.

Forward facing seats are overlooked by rear facing occupants across the aisle
Forward facing seats have one armrest (aisle side of seat)
Rear facing seats do not have armrests leading to a "bathtub" effect
Rear facing seats are preferred by many fliers for greater shoulder space
Forward facing seats require use of a shoulder strap in addition to the seat lap belt during takeoff and landing operations

Seat 1A is blocked for pilot rest on flights > 8 hours.
Seats 7A and 7L have restricted views (window blank)
Seats 1A, 1D, 1H, 7A, 7L, 10A, and 10L are not coupled to neighbouring seats and are reported to be less susceptible to "rocking" and "knocking"
Seats 10D and 10H are overlooked by occupants in 13B and 13J respectively.
Seats 5A and 6L are overlooked by galley occupants
Seats 10A and 10L are close to Premium Economy bassinets

Cabin overhead storage bins are capacious and when closed give the aircraft a more open, spacious feel.

In-suite storage is minimal, consisting of a niche with "fence" capable of holding a mobile phone connected to one of the two USB ports and a small area below seat level capable of holding a water bottle and small item. (two 110V AC with a "universal" plug socket is also provided.)

The area under the footrest (too small to be called an ottoman) might be able to store a purse or small item.

General fit and finish has been described as fair at best, with some gaps, misfits, etc.

IFE is AVOD and operates from a hand control. The spacious screen is hinged and can not be tilted vertically.

WiFi is Panasonic satellite international WiFi

Bang & Olufsen noise reducing headsets are provided in Business Class; these are retrieved by crew about an hour prior to landing.

A self-service snack bar is set up in the galley for Business class.

Lavatories seem more open and spacious, and offer higher volume sink basins.

Related threads
Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (As of 11 Dec 2018)
772 Refitted 777-200ER B/E Aerospace Super Diamond Business Seat / Seats
Best 772 Zodiac J Refitted 777-200ER MCE and Economy / Coach Seat / Seats
Best 772 B/E Aerospace J Refitted 777-200ER MCE & Economy / Coach Seat / Seats

Print Wikipost

Best Business Seat 777-200 “777” C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I love 7L and recall one missing window but there still is another window you can stretch to see out of.....the only weird thing was kind of being able to see the person across the aisle.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Are These Seats Connected?

Can I check I have something right, please? We are booked on AA69 MAD-MIA. I believe the aircraft on this route normally have the Zodiac seats. The pair of us generally like to sit "up front" so I have chosen seats 1L and 2L in the belief that these two are connected, so if there's any "rocking", it will be coming from one of us, which is something we can cope with! My partner is happy to be facing backwards in 1L.

Our return is on AA36, DFW-MAD and my experience is that this is normally operated by aircraft with all forward-facing seats. I have booked 1L and 2L on this flight too. We have had these seats before and are quite happy with them.

Last edited by johnash; Aug 7, 2019 at 11:17 am Reason: Title added
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by johnash
Can I check I have something right, please? We are booked on AA69 MAD-MIA. I believe the aircraft on this route normally have the Zodiac seats. The pair of us generally like to sit "up front" so I have chosen seats 1L and 2L in the belief that these two are connected, so if there's any "rocking", it will be coming from one of us, which is something we can cope with! My partner is happy to be facing backwards in 1L.

Our return is on AA36, DFW-MAD and my experience is that this is normally operated by aircraft with all forward-facing seats. I have booked 1L and 2L on this flight too. We have had these seats before and are quite happy with them.
On 772 routes there's no guarantee you will have one config or the other. Some routes can favor one or the other, depending on aircraft positioning, etc., however past performance is no guarantee of future results.

The important thing is you are happy with your seats no matter what config you end up with. It seems you're both happy with 1L and 2L regardless of config, so you should be good to go.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
On 772 routes there's no guarantee you will have one config or the other. Some routes can favor one or the other, depending on aircraft positioning, etc., however past performance is no guarantee of future results.

The important thing is you are happy with your seats no matter what config you end up with. It seems you're both happy with 1L and 2L regardless of config, so you should be good to go.
Thanks. I would still like to check that, if the a/c has Zodiac seats, 1L and 2L are connected to each other. I am sure I saw a diagram somewhere but can't now find it. Come to think of it, I can probably answer this myself. I as far as I am aware, 1L is connected and, logic applying, it has to be connected to the seat "next" to it? ie 2L!
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:16 pm

Location: KEWR / SPG Plat, HH Diamond, DL Plat, ZE 5*, AA Plat, UA Nobody
Booked last second next week on one of these. I can't figure out which is best to book not knowing in advance which plane it will be. Just went with 7A and hope for best.
Old Oct 10, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by DLSIZE
Booked last second next week on one of these. I can't figure out which is best to book not knowing in advance which plane it will be. Just went with 7A and hope for best.
Great seat....not connected to another one, so no rocking motion. Stay there. Congrats.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:37 pm

Privacy Dividers

Might someone be able to advise as to whether the privacy dividers on the Zodiac seats are still locked in either the up or down position? Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by psterman
Might someone be able to advise as to whether the privacy dividers on the Zodiac seats are still locked in either the up or down position? Thanks.
The privacy divider was operatable on a recent flight with the Zodiac seating for the middles seats my wife and I had.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by robertablake
The privacy divider was operatable on a recent flight with the Zodiac seating for the middles seats my wife and I had.
Thank you for that update!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by psterman

row 4 was operable for us last week.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Wow. There is so much great information here but its exhausting.

Group of three flying a 772 in J. We don't care if we are all over the cabin. I have us currently in 7 A, L and 10 A. I know the simple answer is those will not rock but with tons of caveats regarding proximity to Y/PE or the galley etc.

Here's what I want to know. Are there any middle seats free from the rocking issue at all where we could snag a pair and then the nearest aisle seat that also doesn't rock - or should we just stay put?

Also has any of the rocking trouble been resolved or are the odds of landing B/E vs. Zodiac unchanged? TIA
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by BLazarus22
Wow. There is so much great information here but its exhausting.

Group of three flying a 772 in J. We don't care if we are all over the cabin. I have us currently in 7 A, L and 10 A. I know the simple answer is those will not rock but with tons of caveats regarding proximity to Y/PE or the galley etc.

Here's what I want to know. Are there any middle seats free from the rocking issue at all where we could snag a pair and then the nearest aisle seat that also doesn't rock - or should we just stay put?

Also has any of the rocking trouble been resolved or are the odds of landing B/E vs. Zodiac unchanged? TIA
If available, row 1, seats A D G fulfill your preferences in bold above. That information is in the wiki. If that row is not available, stay put. The seats you currently have won't be "rocking", and 7A and 7L are especially nice in that mini-cabin.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: Honors Diamond; AA Ex Plat; AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by jcatman
If available, row 1, seats A D G fulfill your preferences in bold above. That information is in the wiki. If that row is not available, stay put. The seats you currently have won't be "rocking", and 7A and 7L are especially nice in that mini-cabin.
Appreciate this. The first row has 1 D, H, and L. A is blocked or taken. I now realize that looking at the seat guru layout you can determine the seats visually which are connected at the head and that explains everything.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:38 am

I purchased business class on a 77W, then few months back, the 77W was swapped for a 772. I'm dreading my forward-facing window seat (good, but not as good as a 77W) being turned into a backward-facing rocking chair. A couple of questions:

1) Has anyone successfully done a same day change in business class when a Zodiac plane was swapped in for an originally scheduled 77W (using the international equipment swap clause in the CoC)?

2) Is there any update on the rocking issue (N795AN in particular)?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:15 am

To follow up, none of the agents in the LAX FL had heard of the rocking issue. However, I was able to change my flight from a 772 Zodiac to a 77W with no issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.