Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Kimpton IC; IHG Diamond Ambassador;
Originally Posted by Au4882
I called Citi and they said they weren’t blocking on their end.

I’ve tried and had the following canceled since yesterday:

- Citi (AA exec): 2x cancelled immediately
- Chase (CSR): 1x canceled after 2 hours
- Chase (Hyatt Biz): 1x canceled after 2 hours
- AMEX (Gold): 1x Canceled after 12 hours
Interestingly, all of these hit my AA account (LP and RDM).

Expecting a claw back, but maybe they’ll mess that up w their brilliant IT?!??

Im still left w an issue of actually needing these gift cards.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
These are truly miles-correct? Not LP's towards status.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Correct.
Mr. Vker likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Yes, redeemable miles, not loyalty points for status
Mr. Vker and 355F1 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The usual Uber/UberEATS offers are back on SimplyMiles...
linglingfool likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Any GC miles and loyalty points posted to their account since the 3X deal starting again a few days ago? None for me. Historically, they used to post to my AA account within 2 days.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
Any GC miles and loyalty points posted to their account since the 3X deal starting again a few days ago? None for me. Historically, they used to post to my AA account within 2 days.
mine posted within 48 hours with new 3x promo
Antarius, LittleBird and nk15 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by BlindPilot
My first purchase posted very quickly.
LittleBird likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond (*G), AA PPro (OWE), Korean Air Skypass MC (STE)
Originally Posted by redtop43
My first purchase posted very quickly.
Same me
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:00 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, IC Amb
Will the 4K points post as LPs?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by 355F1
Will the 4K points post as LPs?
No, they never do, portal level bonus miles are just RDMs.
Antarius and 355F1 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The “per month” part of the $2K limit seems to have been dropped.
nk15 and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:43 pm

Ongoing strategy with questions: So I got $2K of Visa Giftcards and got the 4K bonus and is already pending on AA portal.
I need 35K of loyalty points before the new window switches over. This includes the assumption of 6K of giftcards for the months of Dec, Jan and Feb like stated previously. But WOW, see above as the "per month" langauge removed.. So I might wait till later this month to see if there is another mileage portal bonus for Black Friday.
I do not own an AA credit card so that may be a way to get to the remaining loyalty points/make up the delta. WHICH would be the best to apply for right now?

I am thinking of the following to get to 35K and do when Black Friday/portal bonuses come around:
Motley Fool when it goes to 7,400 or more. Hopefully also have a CC linked cash back at same time.
HelloFresh 2,500. Should be available on 11-25-22
Viator for upcoming activities on trips X10 Should be available on 11-26-22. This will get me 3K to 4K.
FultonFish 1500 x 2 = 3K SimplyMiles. Plus Citi $30 off $100 x 2
Dell will wait for 10X and then will use my Amex Business CCs = 8,000

Any other recommendations? THANKS!

I know I forgo on other sites cashback or Amex Rewards but have a ton of Amex points.

Last edited by kimbray; Nov 5, 2022 at 5:07 pm
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by armus
The “per month” part of the $2K limit seems to have been dropped.

Yes I believe I agree, the language looks like it is $2K max per order does not INCLUDE "per month" anymore.

Last edited by kimbray; Nov 5, 2022 at 3:59 pm
Old Nov 5, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by kimbray
FultonFish 1500 x 2 = 3K SimplyMiles. Plus AMEX offer of Spend $150 get $50 back.
If you use the Amex to get the $50 off $150 you don't get the Simply Miles points, as you have to pay with Mastercard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.