Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2023, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yuel
what are the olds of finding 4 business class ticket to PPT NAN or SYD from any US city between 12/26-12/31, is it worth my time looking everyday? I found lax to syd in prem econ, but should I hold out or is it a lost cause? is this even possible? econ is available, but not is a long shot for my wife to agree to econ seats.
Guess you are asking about awards. Getting 4 business class awards on the same flight extremely hard with any ffp. And at a holiday times to popular destinations even less. May need to split your party and fly different days/routes/airlines. For AU look at the other cities so BNE & MEL. {SYD is not the only international airport in Aussie!!}.
QF had a big dump of award seats at 11:00 24 Feb (AU time)
AS forum-->Consolidated Qantas (QF) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing Thread
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:29 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Alaska Airline, Delta Airline, British Air
Cathay Pacific first class award space North America to Hong Kong?

Does anyone know if Cathay Pacific is releasing any first class award space from anywhere in North America to Hong Kong? Have been searching city by city, month by month with no luck. Am very flexible, but do not want to waste days looking for every day of the year from every city. Any insight would be appreciated.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Originally Posted by Woaca
Does anyone know if Cathay Pacific is releasing any first class award space from anywhere in North America to Hong Kong? Have been searching city by city, month by month with no luck. Am very flexible, but do not want to waste days looking for every day of the year from every city. Any insight would be appreciated.
Currently, the only route CX sells F on from North America is LAX-HKG. There was some decent availability of F space in August for that route about 10 days ago, but it looks to all be gone now. The AS award calendar isn't the most reliable for CX; try the AA calendar or BA search too.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Guess you are asking about awards. Getting 4 business class awards on the same flight extremely hard with any ffp. And at a holiday times to popular destinations even less. May need to split your party and fly different days/routes/airlines. For AU look at the other cities so BNE & MEL. {SYD is not the only international airport in Aussie!!}.
QF had a big dump of award seats at 11:00 24 Feb (AU time)
AS forum-->Consolidated Qantas (QF) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing Thread
Yeah, i have looked at all cx routes, bos,nyc,yvr,sfo,lax - bne, mel, syd, nothing, QF has not relased any award in november or december with AS yet, then I look at fiji and air Tahiti routes, nothing!!, SN has some but 145 k per person, to rich for us for 4 people
odds are i should play the lottery, i probably have better chance

Last edited by yuel; Feb 24, 2023 at 3:28 pm
Old Feb 24, 2023, 2:55 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Alaska Airline, Delta Airline, British Air
Originally Posted by snsec
Currently, the only route CX sells F on from North America is LAX-HKG. There was some decent availability of F space in August for that route about 10 days ago, but it looks to all be gone now. The AS award calendar isn't the most reliable for CX; try the AA calendar or BA search too.
Thanks for the quick response. Will narrow my search now.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 6:40 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by nsx
[...] Update: Success in 20 minutes at Alaska ticket counter!
Did they manage to cancel it directly on their terminal, or did they have to call some help line? When I once tried this, check-in agents said they can't touch a partner award ticket, even though it was day-of-departure.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:05 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Did they manage to cancel it directly on their terminal, or did they have to call some help line? When I once tried this, check-in agents said they can't touch a partner award ticket, even though it was day-of-departure.
They called their help desk and spent 20 minutes on hold. Much faster than the 3.5 hour wait I would have had.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 7:18 am

Programs: DL- PM, AA-PlatPro
Thank you for all the help in these forums. I recently got a Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite card which I understand comes with Admirals Club access. My understanding is that I can access Alaska Lounges as well and I have an Alaska flight coming up in a few days. Do I need to show the card at the lounge, or is my AA number on my reservation enough? Thank you!
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by rmp_king
Thank you for all the help in these forums. I recently got a Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite card which I understand comes with Admirals Club access. My understanding is that I can access Alaska Lounges as well and I have an Alaska flight coming up in a few days. Do I need to show the card at the lounge, or is my AA number on my reservation enough? Thank you!
Read all the T/Cs very closely. I believe you only get access if flying international. I know all the rules with AS very well as they are my regular carrier but I recently flew on AA and when reading the "rules" it basically says I get into lounges then under some exceptions says it's only on international. If you are flying international then I believe you should get in and probably just need your AA card and a boarding pass.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by rmp_king
It’s coded to your AAdvantage#, so you shouldn’t need to show card if that’s on your BP, but yes, you have full access to all ALs. I have the card as well, but credit flts to AS.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by mtofell
Read all the T/Cs very closely. I believe you only get access if flying international. I know all the rules with AS very well as they are my regular carrier but I recently flew on AA and when reading the "rules" it basically says I get into lounges then under some exceptions says it's only on international. If you are flying international then I believe you should get in and probably just need your AA card and a boarding pass.
Huh? CITI AA Exec card does get you into Alaska Lounge, international or not. They wanted to see the card and asked for AA ff everytime I went in. Technically, it's a full Admarals Club membership your getting which is linked to you AA ff but so far from my limited experiences, they 100% asked to see the card.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
Huh? CITI AA Exec card does get you into Alaska Lounge, international or not. They wanted to see the card and asked for AA ff everytime I went in. Technically, it's a full Admarals Club membership your getting which is linked to you AA ff but so far from my limited experiences, they 100% asked to see the card.
Hmm.... might have to get that card. Kind of funny as a loyal AS flyer with high status I can't get in without paying for a membership but they let AA flyers in.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by mtofell
Hmm.... might have to get that card. Kind of funny as a loyal AS flyer with high status I can't get in without paying for a membership but they let AA flyers in.
AS elite flyers get reduced fee for AS Lounge membership. $100 off $500 AS annual membership.
AA flyers must pay $450 AF for Citi Executive American Airlines card, which allows lounge access for AS.
You pay either way.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by pcoll
AS elite flyers get reduced fee for AS Lounge membership. $100 off $500 AS annual membership.
AA flyers must pay $450 AF for Citi Executive American Airlines card, which allows lounge access for AS.
You pay either way.
I pay $600/year for my Chase Sapphire Reserve with the (pretty much worthless) Priority Pass. I'd gladly pay $450 for a good rewards card that included Admiral Club/AS Lounge access. The $100 off annual lounge membership for being an AS elite is pretty laughable in the grand scheme.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: Alaska 75K
Compensation Expectations?

Hi - what should my expectations be for a cancelled flight (SLC to SEA) with a rebooking 2 days later (Sunday to Tuesday)? We managed to fly back to PDX instead, rented a car and drove back to Seattle. Major hassle obviously. It was a terrible experience all around - I noticed a cancellation and re-booking alert but didn't realize it was a Tuesday flight, not the original day of travel so showed up at the airport Sunday and that's when the "adventure" started. I felt like an idiot but was also completely floored to learn that a flight 2 days later was the best AS could do for a longtime 75K for our family of 3. The note I got from AS didn't mention the weather in SLC, which I presume impacted travel. It just said the flight was cancelled. I also wonder if that we purchased this with miles impacted AS's sensitivity or lack thereof to this issue. In any case, I'm going to call and ask for them to pick up the rental car +gas from PDX to Seattle. This is sort of my minimum expectation. I'll get the miles back so while the Delta flight was pricey it's probably around what one ways would have cost cash for the flight home on AS. Thoughts? Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.