Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Thanks much. It does appear you cannot share benefits across two different reservations.
Itís often annoying - I usually have higher status that my wife, and I canít book trips where I earn elite miles and she burns miles if I want us to sit together in PC or have a chance of both of us getting upgraded to F.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Re UA, I didnít know UA allowed you to share elite benefits across reservations, or to merge two separate reservations under one PNR to allow for elite benefits to apply to all travelers. Is that a new thing?
The only elite benefits that I recall UA extending to companions on a separate PNR is getting them an E+ seat assignment (as long as I was also sitting in E+) as well as ability to board the aircraft along with me not having to wait for their later boarding group assignment.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by RaingerRain
kodiak?ÖÖ.
yeah. i have booked the trip including Kodiak. thanks
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:14 pm

Programs: Yes
I accidentally cancelled the wrong reservation and immediately contacted AS to help restore it. AS couldn't help and told me to rebook it. The price had significantly jumped since I booked it, so I won't take the trip. I understand this was my fault, but it would have been a nice CS gesture to assist. I miss the old AS.

note to anteater: don't adjust travel plans unless a mai tai has been consumed beforehand. 🤙🏻🍹

Last edited by anteater; Mar 31, 2023 at 8:51 pm
Old Apr 1, 2023, 11:05 am

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Quick question

I am AS 75k/OW emerald

If i book using AA miles for travel on B6 are there any seat
or baggage benefits? I gather not since they not part of OW
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Non-stop from Lower 48 to FAI and/or ANC ALL YEAR ROUND?

As the title ask, which airport(s) offer non-stop service to FAI and/or ANC on a year round basis. Trying to incorporate a route into a xONEx ticket.
TIA.
Answering my own Q, SEA is probably one of them.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by allset2travel
As the title ask, which airport(s) offer non-stop service to FAI and/or ANC on a year round basis. Trying to incorporate a route into a xONEx ticket.
TIA.
Answering my own Q, SEA is probably one of them.
ANC-SEA and -PDX operate year round.

FAI-SEA operates year round.

And of course there is ANC-FAI

Not really sure about anywhere else but those are the big ones.

-J.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: Yes
I think AS IT went drinking with the UG professor this weekend.. as the website was throwing intermittent system errors during the booking process on Fri/Sat.

By chance today, I happened to notice a trip was removed from my account. AS didn't notify me in any form and I had to look back through my confirmation emails to find it. It turns out that not only was the itinerary cancelled but AS also didn't issue a refund. AS Res was quick to redeposit the funds; however, when the cancellation email arrived the confirmation code did not match the original reservation. Also of note is that the Wallet / Mileage activity history was populated with the incorrect flight details which made auditing the recent transactions laborious.

anteater needs a mai tai. 🐜🍹
Old Apr 2, 2023, 7:20 pm

Programs: Costco Club
I have a dumb question. If I do SEA-PDX, PDX- BOI, BOI-PDX, PDX-SEA all in the same day on the same PNR/itinerary. How many round trips does that constitute?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
I have a dumb question. If I do SEA-PDX, PDX- BOI, BOI-PDX, PDX-SEA all in the same day on the same PNR/itinerary. How many round trips does that constitute?
If it's on a single itinerary, SEA is your origin and you return there once. So... one.

If you booked SEA-PDX-SEA and then PDX-BOI-PDX to take place during your layover on a separate itinerary, that would be two.

-J.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 10:51 pm

Has anyone completed a corporate status fast-track? I could have sworn when I enrolled it didn't mention restrictions around fare classes, but re-reading the terms I see that saver fares do not qualify towards the promotion.

https:/www.alaskaair.com/promo/as2223#:~:text=Codeshare%20flights%2C%20flights%20 on%20Alaska%20Global%20Partners%20or%20oneworld%20 partners%2C%20free%20or%20award%20travel%2C%20or%2 0on%20Saver%20Fares%2C%20which%20are%20flights%20b ooked%20in%20X%20class%20of%20service%2C%20are%20n ot%20qualifying%20flight%20segments%20under%20this %20promotion.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Can someone tell me the best/fastest way to contact Alaska for mis-credited partner flights? I booked a P class on American (that got upgraded to C space eventually, but the original booking code was P class). Instead of 100% EQM I was credited only 50%.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
First time Alaska Air flyer (1K on United, so I usually stick with their options). I tried to register for the AS frequent flyer program, kept getting an internal server error. Tried to sign up for their credit card that would bring some benefits, and rather than instant approval it got lost at B of A, two weeks and counting. (My credit is great.) Am I just lucky? Or is Alaska's IT department even worse than United's?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by ssk244
Can someone tell me the best/fastest way to contact Alaska for mis-credited partner flights? I booked a P class on American (that got upgraded to C space eventually, but the original booking code was P class). Instead of 100% EQM I was credited only 50%.
I contacted Mileage Plan's contact center, via email, and didn't get a response for about a month. Same issue, and the response was pretty brief. I would suggest calling in.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...t-mileage-plan
Old Apr 4, 2023, 3:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by txirish
First time Alaska Air flyer (1K on United, so I usually stick with their options). I tried to register for the AS frequent flyer program, kept getting an internal server error. Tried to sign up for their credit card that would bring some benefits, and rather than instant approval it got lost at B of A, two weeks and counting. (My credit is great.) Am I just lucky? Or is Alaska's IT department even worse than United's?
I am also a 1K convert and now MVP Gold on Alaska making my way to MVP 75k. Love Alaska as they are way less expensive, have more non-stops out of SAN, and have better service on the routes I fly up and down the west coast. I believe credit card applications all transition to the bank immediately upon application submission. So I would try to track down your current status through them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.