Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Mar 6, 2023, 10:50 pm

Can anyone confirm I will or will not have AS lounge access in PDX or SEA on this itinerary?
OGG-PDX AS898 Arrives at 12:09AM
PDX-SEA AS2230 Departs at 11:30AM
SEA-YYJ AS3369 Departs at 1:45PM

My concern is they will view the PDX-SEA-YYJ as a separate leg than the OGG-PDX leg, or does it not matter since it's all on one record?
"Access is limited to passengers traveling on a paid First Class or a First Class award ticket* on flights operated by Alaska Airlines where one flight has a distance of at least 2,100 miles."

Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
I complained previously on different thread :

Feb 15 onward: FC PDX/MCO -2529mi (and rt return) . Winter trip FC PDX/SJD 4 hours 1709mi (and rt return) No Board Room access 1 of 2!! ...?

since OGG -PDX leg is 2560 miles … I would say yes.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 10:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by psychtobe
does the AS SEA N lounge have a shower? does it need to be reserved in advance?
It does not.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
If I need to cancel an AS ticketed/operated award after checkin, do I have to cancel checkin first, and if so, is that something that requires a call to reservations (or chat/SMS)?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Does anyone understand why Alaska boarding times are so inconsistent? It's not a huge difference, but for my 340p flight from SAN-SEA, the AS app shows 3:07p, the AS flight status page shows 3:00p and the wallet shows 3:03p.

I also notice they show a whole lot of flights "on-time" when they really arent. For example, my SEA-SAN return flight was supposed to be a 10:57p arrival. The app shows 11:01p as "on-time" when we are enroute, even though we departed about 30 min late. We ended up landing a few minutes after 11:00p, but didn't park until 11:20p.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by JC5280
Does anyone understand why Alaska boarding times are so inconsistent? It's not a huge difference, but for my 340p flight from SAN-SEA, the AS app shows 3:07p, the AS flight status page shows 3:00p and the wallet shows 3:03p.

I also notice they show a whole lot of flights "on-time" when they really arent. For example, my SEA-SAN return flight was supposed to be a 10:57p arrival. The app shows 11:01p as "on-time" when we are enroute, even though we departed about 30 min late. We ended up landing a few minutes after 11:00p, but didn't park until 11:20p.
The DOT considers anything within 15 minutes of scheduled arrival as "on time" -- 4 minutes is nothing to write home about. 11:20pm on the other hand is more than 15 minutes, so it was late.

-J.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Have a couple of AS credits, 19-digit codes, both start with 6006, with 4-digit PINs. Don't recall when /why they were received, system only accepts 16-digit codes, all of my others are combinations of letters and numbers. One is worth $250, other around $75.

Most grateful for any assistance.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by diver858
Have a couple of AS credits, 19-digit codes, both start with 6006, with 4-digit PINs. Don't recall when /why they were received, system only accepts 16-digit codes, all of my others are combinations of letters and numbers. One is worth $250, other around $75.

Most grateful for any assistance.
Not sure if this works, but I think I remember reading people on here saying it would accept just the last digits, so I assume put in the last 16 digits?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Tweed Jet Set
Not sure if this works, but I think I remember reading people on here saying it would accept just the last digits, so I assume put in the last 16 digits?
Thanks. Also requesting a 6-digit PIN, I only have 4.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The option to do a SDC is part of the OLCI process, 24 hours before flight time. You will see the option for earlier or later flights. Simply click later flights and options will be presented, if there any with availability. Make your selection.

SDC is available to anyone, the fee is waived for higher Tier Elites. You don't say what you AA status is.

Once completed, you will be on the chosen flight and you will have to wait until 24 hours before the new flight to check-in. A SDC will reset the time on the waitlist for a complimentary upgrade (assuming no more than 2 pax on the PNR for AA Platinum Pro or higher, just yourself otherwise) so you would be lower than other AA Elites that purchased the same fare class after you.

James

Is it normal for it to not show any seats on the seat map for available SDC flights? It may just be that they are all full, but every flight option, when viewing seat maps, says to see an agent.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JC5280
Is it normal for it to not show any seats on the seat map for available SDC flights? It may just be that they are all full, but every flight option, when viewing seat maps, says to see an agent.
It does happen time to time, even on flights you are confirmed on if you try to change a seat or have been upgraded.

I have done a SDC before and landed on the "awaiting seats," list but never showed on the upgrade waitlist. At boarding, I was upgraded directly from the awaiting seats list.

James
Old Mar 14, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Would a partner-ticketed AS flight count towards the AS-metal segment requirement of elite qualification? In other words, would a BA/AA marketed AS-operated segment count?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Does Alaska allow travelers to charge inflight purchases to the credit card used to buy the original ticket?

I just noticed an unexpected inflight purchase charge on my CSR. I wasn't traveling the day of the transaction, but the online receipt from alaskaair.com shows that it was a flight my DW took the day before that I had booked for her. She didn't have my card with me, and I would actually have preferred if she had used her AS Visa for the 20% discount. But I am also somewhat surprised that Alaska just lets travelers charge the card without me explicitly authorizing it... or did I, when I purchased the ticket?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:30 am

If I'm an Alaska MVP member flying on a first class Alaska Airlines ticket from BOS-SEA, SEA-FAI, am I allowed into the American Airlines lounge in the Boston airport?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Would a partner-ticketed AS flight count towards the AS-metal segment requirement of elite qualification? In other words, would a BA/AA marketed AS-operated segment count?
No, AS operated flights only count towards the segment requirement for Elite Status qualification if they are revenue flights Marketed & Operated by AS; the flight number must be AS.

James

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.