Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Apr 25, 2023, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Select “Change reservation” then select the “Cancel this trip and use the value toward a new trip”. Don’t worry as it doesn’t actually cancel anything yet, you get to start a new search with your original trip still on hold, so you’d then re-search for the same dates/itinerary you want and it’d give you the current price for it and it’d display the “cost” difference. If it’s now less the miles/credit you’d be getting back would be displayed and they would be deposited back into your miles balance/wallet once you confirm you want to purchase that new ticket with the funds from your original one.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I tried that and my same itinerary did not show up. Maybe they're finally wising up to re-fare attempts?
Old Apr 25, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
I thought I read this somewhere, but now can't find it:

Do the seats reserved for AS/OW Elites become available to all when the OLCI opens? Either for a fee or free.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 4:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
A random, un-useful question (but my head is full of useless information from FT anyways):

How does AS now determine flight numbers 1XXX? IIRC, these used to be Virgin routes (served with Airbus aircraft) but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore... or are these just completed folded into the route network willy-nilly?

Trying to impress my next travelc ompanions.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
My partner and I are flying out of YVR tomorrow on AS in first to SEA at 😩 6am, after overnighting at an airport hotel after coming back from London. We have global entry (if that matters) and no checked bags. How early do we really need to show up at the airport? Counter opens at 3:30am, security at 4:30am.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
My partner and I are flying out of YVR tomorrow on AS in first to SEA at 😩 6am, after overnighting at an airport hotel after coming back from London. We have global entry (if that matters) and no checked bags. How early do we really need to show up at the airport? Counter opens at 3:30am, security at 4:30am.
If you don't need to be in Seattle that early, do a Same Day change and sleep in. There really aren't any bad seats on an E175 if you get downgraded to Main and it is short flight anyway. If you are on an award coming off BA LHR-YVR you are still eligible to do a SDC. I would happily fly in Main on a later departure. With GE, pre-clearance will be a snap but security can be slow even if the priority lane is open.

Same day flight changes

James
Old Apr 27, 2023, 7:04 am

Does anyone know how long it takes to get Aer Lingus flights credit on your Alaska account?
Old Apr 27, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
If you don't need to be in Seattle that early, do a Same Day change and sleep in. There really aren't any bad seats on an E175 if you get downgraded to Main and it is short flight anyway. If you are on an award coming off BA LHR-YVR you are still eligible to do a SDC. I would happily fly in Main on a later departure. With GE, pre-clearance will be a snap but security can be slow even if the priority lane is open.

Same day flight changes

James
Thank you, James. SDC would be an option if I didn’t want to get home as early as possible today, We ended up taking the 4am shuttle from our hotel, had to check in at the desk, went through the priority screening and were in line for global entry doc checks before they even opened at 4:30. Not sure if we were lucky or if it was a quiet morning at YVR!
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I thought I read this somewhere, but now can't find it:

Do the seats reserved for AS/OW Elites become available to all when the OLCI opens? Either for a fee or free.
I didn't see this answered. Yes, the seats that are reserved for AS/OW Elites open up to the general public at OLCI for free. PC and Exit row seats can now be purchased at any time by non-Elites.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Bellerina
I didn't see this answered. Yes, the seats that are reserved for AS/OW Elites open up to the general public at OLCI for free. PC and Exit row seats can now be purchased at any time by non-Elites.
thanks.

i was, sadly, somewhere over the north pole/Canadian Arctic at the time and internet came back to my Finnair flight only about an hour or so later - and those seats were gone.

With a bit of wind today, flight time was only 1:09 so it wasn’t a big deal.

good info for others!
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:19 am

Hi everyone. I'm looking to book one business award ticket JFK-GRU for this fall. There are some options with layovers in LIM right now, which is fine but not ideal. It looks like nonstops flights regularly open up at the last minute - but I don't want to wait until then! If I book the flight with a layover now, can I change it last minute to a nonstop if there is availability? Does it matter if one itinerary is on LATAM metal and the nonstop is on AA metal? For more info, I have no airline status. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jdhnyc
Hi everyone. I'm looking to book one business award ticket JFK-GRU for this fall. There are some options with layovers in LIM right now, which is fine but not ideal. It looks like nonstops flights regularly open up at the last minute - but I don't want to wait until then! If I book the flight with a layover now, can I change it last minute to a nonstop if there is availability? Does it matter if one itinerary is on LATAM metal and the nonstop is on AA metal? For more info, I have no airline status. Thanks in advance.
I have never made such a change to an award (but believe it’s possible based on prior conversations, so hopefully others will chime in). But since awards are readily cancelable for a full refund (minus $12.50 non-refundable partner booking fee), I personally would not hesitate to lock in now what is available and then keep looking for a better option.
Old May 1, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Does anybody know why I can't retro credit Malaysia Airlines (MH) flight ticket?

I keyed in the 13 digit ticket number but it says the ticket is not a valid partner, below is the error.

Ticket number is not an Alaska or partner number.

Malaysia Airlines (MH) ticket number starts with 232, on the 3rd number it gave the error. Maybe I have to email it in for crediting?
Old May 3, 2023, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I am traveling SEA-HNL in Main cabin and wondered about the meal service. Early morning flight, so will likely purchase one of the breakfast options. Is there an opportunity for a second meal later in the flight? Or would they bring everything at once?
Old May 3, 2023, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I asked a question in a CSR Facebook group, but I think I'll get a better answer here. Say I were to book a regular main cabin AS ticket through the UR portal; if I had to cancel it for whatever reason, would the value of the ticket be deposited into my wallet? Or would I be left doing some song and dance with Chase?

-J.
Old May 3, 2023, 9:07 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I asked a question in a CSR Facebook group, but I think I'll get a better answer here. Say I were to book a regular main cabin AS ticket through the UR portal; if I had to cancel it for whatever reason, would the value of the ticket be deposited into my wallet? Or would I be left doing some song and dance with Chase?

-J.
Pretty sure you'd be stuck dealing with Chase/Expedia/UR - AS has nothing to do with the payment part when you go through an outside booking service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.