Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
If fully verified, it appears I can switch some international award travel to paid and qualify for 75K. Am I good to go?
Also see this post: MVP Status - AS vs Partner - for 2022
Old Aug 11, 2021, 11:35 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Only thing to note is you'll want to verify the level of earning on the fare class you're purchasing (from partner earning charts), as some may be < 100%.
This is where I usually get in trouble. Is Y, B, H for 100% EQM qualified by YA Economy Classic or is Premium Economy needed?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 1:18 pm

This is where I usually get in trouble. Is Y, B, H for 100% EQM qualified by YA Economy Classic or is Premium Economy needed?
What airline are you flying?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
What airline are you flying?
I am looking at finnair.com and would prefer Finnair as the airline (not that I mind reserving through Alaska by calling).
Old Aug 11, 2021, 4:19 pm

I am looking at finnair.com and would prefer Finnair as the airline (not that I mind reserving through Alaska by calling).
I put in a dummy routing of JFK-HEL on the Finnair web site for random dates and I wasn't able to find Y, B, or H fares from my very cursory search (I was seeing the 50% EQM earn fares). I used ITA Matix to search for the 100% EQM earn classes and they return as Economy. You may need to call Finnair to ask about availability and pricing.

vanillabean likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I'm using a Comp. Fare cert and and two GGU for for an upcoming trip. The fare class says "N". Will this allow me to apply my GGU?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by philemer
I'm using a Comp. Fare cert and and two GGU for for an upcoming trip. The fare class says "N". Will this allow me to apply my GGU?
I believe so, as N is an eligible fare class

• Tickets purchased in Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S, or N are eligible for guest upgrades (not eligible in Q, O, G, or X classes).

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de.../guest-upgrade
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by anteater
I believe so, as N is an eligible fare class

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de.../guest-upgrade
Searched for that info but failed. You are so helpful. Thanks.
anteater and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Hi all – long time flyer, first time poster (on AS boards, at least). I've been mainly with AA for over a decade now, but decided to switch over to AS for reasons I'm sure y'all already know (most of all no dollar-spend requirement for elite status), and just completed a status challenge for MVP Gold.

Since this is a flame-free thread I figured it'd be a good place to ask a stupid question. I'm a bit confused as to why YTD AS miles & YTD AS/partner miles are separated on my account page. I'm gunning for 75K by the end of the year, but does this mean I can't do it on partner airlines? (Btw I fly both AA & BA a lot to the UK since I have family there, and now that it's reopened to Americans I was planning on applying the miles to my AS account.) To illustrate:

Their site says you need 40K miles on "Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners" for MVP Gold, but my account page suggests I need 50K miles for it if flown on partner airlines.

Finally, I flew ARN-LHR-DFW-AUS a few weeks ago – BA on the legs to DFW, then AA to AUS – but only the DFW-AUS leg is showing up on my AS account's mileage activity. Does it take them a few weeks to process BA miles, or do I need to contact them about missing flight credits?

[img]safari-extension://307A773B-3B6C-40FE-B092-1882C52C3E01/d963b7fd/holaIconWhite.svg[/img]

Last edited by kirker; Aug 15, 2021 at 10:02 am Reason: Couple of corrections
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by kirker
I'm a bit confused as to why YTD AS miles & YTD AS/partner miles are separated on my account page.

Their site says you need 40K miles on "Alaska Airlines, oneworld Alliance and our Global Partners" for MVP Gold
You only need 40K miles on Alaska and partners as you referenced from the web page. Alaska has not updated their web page or app to remove the partner tracker miles. So long as you get your required Alaska metal segments you are fine once you hit 40K.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by kirker
Does it take them a few weeks to process BA miles, or do I need to contact them about missing flight credits?
Alaska says to give them 14 days before you submit a mileage request: "Please allow 14 days after your partner airline flight before requesting credit." Source & page for you to request if it doesn't appear (click the link to "request credit online": https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan
Old Aug 15, 2021, 12:04 pm

You only need 40K miles on Alaska and partners as you referenced from the web page. Alaska has not updated their web page or app to remove the partner tracker miles. So long as you get your required Alaska metal segments you are fine once you hit 40K.
And that number of required Alaska metal segments would be 2, 4, 6 for MVP, MVPG, MVPG75K respectively?
Old Aug 15, 2021, 1:19 pm

And that number of required Alaska metal segments would be 2, 4, 6 for MVP, MVPG, MVPG75K respectively?
Correct. Source is the chart on this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits
Old Aug 15, 2021, 1:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, ex-AA EXP, ex-UA 1K
Correct. Source is the chart on this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...rship-benefits
Awesome! I've already flown six segments, so no issues there (but I overlooked this requirement initially, so thanks for the heads-up regardless).
FlyerDigits likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: Costco Club
I booked a flight with a certificate from when I canceled an earlier reservation. I have now canceled this reservation. How do I get that certificate fund back and how long does that take?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.